Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Why is it getting to you Ryan, our previous coach signed up a few players before he left Kite, Rose, Joe, and with most of the big guns off contract we would need to come close to rival offers to keep them, obviously we were always going to lose a few. Wingers are easier to replace as most including myself didn't think we had the depth this year.

Our biggest loss so far is T-Rex, the rest are replaceable. Whare was another but he's been here 3 seasons and unfortunately for us he's had a relatively injury free run this year. He's had his injury problems and I suspect it will continue at penrith, you only have to look at Wolfie who's had virtually only one injury free year and is out injured quite a lot.

Just have a look at how many international players we have, it was always going to bite us in the long run. The price we pay for success and the contraints of the salary cap.

swoop said:
Why is it getting to you Ryan, our previous coach signed up a few players before he left Kite, Rose, Joe, and with most of the big guns off contract we would need to come close to rival offers to keep them, obviously we were always going to lose a few. Wingers are easier to replace as most including myself didn't think we had the depth this year.

Our biggest loss so far is T-Rex, the rest are replaceable. Whare was another but he's been here 3 seasons and unfortunately for us he's had a relatively injury free run this year. He's had his injury problems and I suspect it will continue at penrith, you only have to look at Wolfie who's had virtually only one injury free year and is out injured quite a lot.

Just have a look at how many international players we have, it was always going to bite us in the long run. The price we pay for success and the contraints of the salary cap.
+1

Ryan said:
Tooks, he can't. Rules in the NHL have stopped anyone under 20 making a debut at NRL level.

Is that right?

How old is Sironen?

How are we in a position where we lose players like Oldfield, Whare, Hopoate, T Williams, JWH, Tasi, Lussick, Hodkinson (ok, that worked for us) and co. yet Dad's Army kept getting extensions?

I'm really not trying to buy into the Des factor here, but we CANNOT keep losing our youth, and extending our circa 30's.

Am I the only one that is seeing lethargy in our defence quite a few more times than normal this year? We are leaking more points. I think that's a constitution / endurance thing, and that wary's with age.

EDIT: Not going into it any more. Just getting more and more frustrated. Better I take a leave of absense.

Ryan said:
How are we in a position where we lose players like Oldfield, Whare, Hopoate, T Williams, JWH, Tasi, Lussick, Hodkinson (ok, that worked for us) and co. yet Dad's Army kept getting extensions?

That is a pretty decent team that won't be playing for us next year.

Why was t-rex given an option for next year? Someone said that Penn was the one who agreed to it or was is hasler?

Ryan said:

I think it will change, we've had a wealth of talent and have been spoiled with success. We are the envy of every other NRL team in regards to talent. We haven't missed the finals for how many years?

I suspect the likes of Kite, King, Joe and George have signed their last contract with the club. Should free up sum cash to visits our feeder club at Parramatta. :)

The reasons we are in the position to lose them ?

Brett Stewart (probable)
Jamie Lyon
Steve Matai
Keiren Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Anthony Watmough
Glenn Stewart

That is a high quality list that would be the envy of most clubs, and that is without throwing the guys like King, Ballin and Kite etc in

If I was told at the start of the year that losing Williams, Lussick, Whare and Oldfield would allow us to keep that core of 8 together, while not being happy about it, I would have taken it

Im not worried, its not like Matai, Watmough, The Stewarts, Ballin are at retirement age they all have a good few years left

We have Foran, Cherry Evans, Buhrer, Taufua all all fixtures in our 17

We have players like Stromquist, Cunningham, Trojbovic (sp?), Drinkwater and Gutherson who could step up over the next 18 months.

Ideally we would have kept a couple of our young forwards but we are hardly in crisis

Ryan said:
Anyways, that's:-

Oldfield -> Roosters
Whare -> Penrith
T Williams -> Bulldogs
Lussick -> Parramatta
D Williams -> Wigan

Anyone I have missed?

tookey said:
I thought that losing t-rex was supposed to free up money for us to sign Lussick, Oldfield etc? Do players not want to play under 2v?

Rumour going around is that Gutherson is looking at being fast tracked into firsts next year as a winger. Sounds like he is going to have one hell of an offseason under Donny Singe if this is going to happen.

Tooks, he can't. Rules in the NHL have stopped anyone under 20 making a debut at NRL level.

This is wrong and is not the rule

Kiwi Eagle said:
The reasons we are in the position to lose them ?

Brett Stewart (probable)
Jamie Lyon
Steve Matai
Keiren Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Anthony Watmough
Glenn Stewart

That is a high quality list that would be the envy of most clubs, and that is without throwing the guys like King, Ballin and Kite etc in

If I was told at the start of the year that losing Williams, Lussick, Whare and Oldfield would allow us to keep that core of 8 together, while not being happy about it, I would have taken it
All valid points Kiwi but we already had watmough, lyon, G stewart under contract so next year will be the same problem. I wonder how Des had us under the cap? he seems to have a big cap look at the dogs now he's there

Of those 8 mentioned, I think only 2 of them have contracts running out next year

Other that will compliment the core will come and go, but that core is also far from old, some people seem to think 26-28 is ancient these days

Ryan said:
Anyways, that's:-

Oldfield -> Roosters
Whare -> Penrith
T Williams -> Bulldogs
Lussick -> Parramatta
D Williams -> Wigan

Anyone I have missed?

tookey said:
I thought that losing t-rex was supposed to free up money for us to sign Lussick, Oldfield etc? Do players not want to play under 2v?

Rumour going around is that Gutherson is looking at being fast tracked into firsts next year as a winger. Sounds like he is going to have one hell of an offseason under Donny Singe if this is going to happen.

In the above you've said David Williams is going to Wigan. I think you'll find Woolfy is signing for Leeds Rhinos?

RE: Perrett Now???

bob dylan said:
What a joke. He'd be a $200k a year player I'd presume.
Maybe 250k as a NZ international just like Inu.
An extra half million after already being on the cusp of the cap - seems reasonable....to some.
If Mr I can see it as stated in his thread, its fairly transparent.

Yeah can't believe the Roosters would let him leave at all, Dogs are sure signing alot of players. Surely gonna be a lot of players released at years end

AshfieldBazza said:
Dogs are sure signing alot of players. Surely gonna be a lot of players released at years end

So much for the dogs family club propaganda. Familial disdain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8