Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

First Grader
RE: Another signing.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/nycplayerprofiledisplay/Rabbitohs-NYC/Adrian-Haangana/5739

Captain of Souths toyota cup team. 2nd row/lock. Another good signing.

bones

Bones Knows

joeboy said:
Adrian Ha'angana from the rabbits is also close to signing. Don't know anything about him though.

He is close, but he is gonna Ha'angana a bit more before signing.

tookey

First Grader

lsz said:
Is it just me or has there been a shift in our recruitment?

We seem to be signing more Toyota cup players than I can remember? Or is my mind playing tricks??

A forced change due to salary cap pressures

lsz

First Grader
Staff member

Tooks i just remember us going for the journey men blokes as well (the glenn halls, le strange's) rather than kids from toyota cup

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

lsz said:
Tooks i just remember us going for the journey men blokes as well (the glenn halls, le strange's) rather than kids from toyota cup

But the game is changing again. The more of these young kids we get into the comp the less the emphasis is going to be on forwards and more on footwork

Maybe we should be looking at signing more kids before they go into podiatry

lsz

First Grader
Staff member

Dan do you think it has more to do with Crusher leaving or it is the game?

tookey

First Grader

lsz said:

Richie Fa'aoso would rate as a journeyman. I think that journeymen was more des' style because he was reluctant to bring in younger players whereas 2v is obviously keener on bringing in younger players who can be moulded into the Manly system earlier.

We will probably pick up a couple of older players in the next few months when the season ends.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member

Forgot about him!

I wonder if part of the change is due to us starting to spend the full cap on Toyota cup??

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

Nah i just think it is a part of replenishing our stocks

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member

Daniel said:
Nah i just think it is a part of replenishing our stocks

Agree this is a drive for another comp in two or 3 years and have players ready to replace the likes of Lyon, Matai and Snake at the right time​

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member

Nice

Dont get tied down on the fullback thing, i'd say both Gutherson and Hiku will play plenty of Wing or centre before Brett retires if they are good enough.

I tip Gutherson to play at least 1 game off the wing before the end of next year.

Chee Kam, Sao, Hiku, that Parra back and possibly this Ha'angana kid..........this is the perfect recruitment for the squad we currently have.

Great gob Tooves, Warwick and Perry!

Blowfly

Reserve Grader

joeboy said:
Adrian Ha'angana from the rabbits is also close to signing. Don't know anything about him though.

I don't know much about his playing talent but do know the Rabbitohs have just sacked him (and James Roberts) for breaching their code of conduct.

I hope we're not taking on another club's baggage!

Former Toyota Cup commentator now NRL commentator Matt Russell assures me Ha'angana is an exceptional talent and rated him one of the best in Souths NYC side.

I guess his sacking at Souths will make Manly's negotiations easier. haha

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly

Blowfly said:
joeboy said:

I don't know much about his playing talent but do know the Rabbitohs have just sacked him (and James Roberts) for breaching their code of conduct.

Hopefully the sacking will be a lesson learnt.

tookey

First Grader

Blowfly said:
joeboy said:

Former Toyota Cup commentator now NRL commentator Matt Russell assures me Ha'angana is an exceptional talent and rated him one of the best in Souths NYC side.

I guess his sacking at Souths will make Manly's negotiations easier. haha

He has been playing NSw cup for Norths ths year. I would be more concerned about getting him used to actually wining games.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

Eaglette Fan said:
Daniel said:
A young Warrior
Signs with Manly sea Eagles
His name is a poem

The term is Haiku, not Hiku, but close.

Thank you, I wasn't aware that puns were an unknown entity, hence mentioning "Haiku" with correct spelling later.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

Eagles2nv said:
Blowfly said:
joeboy said:

Hopefully the sacking will be a lesson learnt.

Or it was a ploy to get out of a contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14