Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
RE: Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

voicefromthehill said:
Trolls ahoy today on this thread

The liar always sticks his head in like a bad smell after a loss mate.
I see he is spinning his bull**** again.

MrInvisible

Reserve Grader

Berkeley_Eagle said:
hey Invisible you got twitter ?
I do but I only use it for updating NSW Cup scores and still wouldn't the foggiest how to use it!

Volley said:
MrInvisible said:
With the likes of Turner, Goodwin, Kris Keating, David Stagg, Dene Halatau, Joel Romelo and Jonathan Wright among 14 players yet to be re-signed, Canterbury have plenty of room to move in their salary cap for next year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/roosters-refuse-to-let-perrett-and-mitchell-fly-coop-to-join-rival-clubs-20120618-20kcb.html#ixzz1yDb2kr1N

========================

14 players, even if at bargain basement $100,000 each, that's still $1.4million free.

Turner, Goodwin, Keating, Stagg, would all easily be over that. Halatau might be retained yet. Romelo and Wright unsure where they'll end up, but with Inu, Perrett, Macdougall, Lafai, Morris, we have backups in the backline already.

You still need to replace those 14 players to have 25 in the squad. You're letting go of scrubs and signing decent players.

I wouldn't have a clue what your Cap situation looks like, but your argument above doesn't fly.
True that, but back in the days of previous administration lots of average players got signed up to overly stupid priced contracts, many of whom are in that 14 potentially being let go.

Cameron said:
voicefromthehill said:
Trolls ahoy today on this thread
The liar always sticks his head in like a bad smell after a loss mate.
I see he is spinning his bull**** again.
I have as much truth in my comments as Manly does threatening emails to stitch up Des. I'll let you answer your own question there ;)

MrInvisible

Reserve Grader

So you acknowledge that there are no emails then Cameron?

BTW: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hot-dogs-for-sale-20120619-20m8a.html

Good article talking about the Doggies and their retention with quotes from Greenberg.

Manly might pick up some good buys from our off contract players.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019

MrInvisible said:
So you acknowledge that there are no emails then Cameron?

BTW: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hot-dogs-for-sale-20120619-20m8a.html

Good article talking about the Doggies and their retention with quotes from Greenberg.

Manly might pick up some good buys from our off contract players.

So your illiterate as well as a liar.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

IN THE MOLE in RLW today: Justin Poore to quit @TheParraEels before June 30 to join @RaidersCanberra or @NRLKnights

IN THE MOLE in RLW today: @NRL_Bulldogs star David Stagg to consider linking up with @SmilingWayneBennett at @NRLKnights in 2013.

ManlyBacker

Winging it

Hot Doggies for sale - how Canterbury will stay under the cap (hahah)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hot-dogs-for-sale-20120619-20m8a.html

Masked Eagle

Bencher

MrInvisible said:
With the likes of Turner, Goodwin, Kris Keating, David Stagg, Dene Halatau, Joel Romelo and Jonathan Wright among 14 players yet to be re-signed, Canterbury have plenty of room to move in their salary cap for next year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/roosters-refuse-to-let-perrett-and-mitchell-fly-coop-to-join-rival-clubs-20120618-20kcb.html#ixzz1yDb2kr1N

========================

14 players, even if at bargain basement $100,000 each, that's still $1.4million free.

Turner, Goodwin, Keating, Stagg, would all easily be over that. Halatau might be retained yet. Romelo and Wright unsure where they'll end up, but with Inu, Perrett, Macdougall, Lafai, Morris, we have backups in the backline already.

You still have to pay 14 players so what you have free is the difference between how signings you make at the NRL minimum (and it is rare for any club to have more than a few players on the minimum in their top 25) minus that from your balance divided by how many of your top 25 players are left ... if that makes sense.

Also players who do sign for the NRL minimum (and even contracts worth a little bit more) usually have clauses in their contract which stipulate additional match payments when playing first grade which must get included in the salary cap. The clubs usually leave themselves a little bit of room under the cap each year for match payments like these. Suggesting the Dogs still have plenty cap space left because they will sign half a dozen more players the NRL minimum is ridiculous.

NFN2IT

Reserve Grader

I rate romelo as a decent player, it'd be good to see him sign with us next season

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO

Mark from Brisbane said:
Wouldn't it be hilarious....2014.

"In shock Rugby League news NRL Club the Sydney Bulldogs have been stripped of their 2013 Premiership after it was found they had spent 1.25 million over their allowed salary cap. Bulldogs CEO Rodd Greenturd has been sacked following revelations he and coach Jesmond Dogsler colluded with player managers to have all their top players on not only two BUT THREE seperate contracts. It was also decided that unlike the previous time this happened, the runners up in 2013, the Manly Sea Eagles will be awarded the 2013 Premiership, which followed their fantastic wins in 2011 and also in 2012"

Now that would be SOME sort of headline!!

That's terrible - that would mean we lost a GF to the Dogs!!!

I would prefer this:

"In shock Rugby League news NRL Club the Sydney Bulldogs have been stripped of their 2013 Minor Premiership after it was found they had spent 1.25 million over their allowed salary cap. Bulldogs CEO Rodd Greenturd has been sacked following revelations he and coach Jesmond Dogsler colluded with player managers to have all their top players on not only two BUT THREE seperate contracts. It was also decided that unlike the previous time this happened, the runners up in 2013, the Manly Sea Eagles will be awarded the 2013 Minor Premiership.

Manly Sea Eagles coach and current Australian of the Year Sir Geoff Toovey, said "the awarding of the Minor Premiership is another great achievement to add to our 2011, 2012 and 2013 Premierships and testament to the great strength of this playing group".

The stripping of the Minor Premiership is a bitter blow for the Bulldogs, who remain winless in 2014 after losing the 2013 grand final to Manly by a record score of 50 nil. Rumours of a player exodus persist after Jesmond Dogsler signed with the Knights last week. It is believed up to 10 Bulldogs players have get-out clauses in their contracts along with their mascot and half the cheerleading squad.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO

MrInvisible said:
FWIW I hear the Roosters aren't done with just picking up Oldfield from Manly's backline, they are looking to move Mini to wing for 2013 and approach Manly for a replacement.

Makes sense. Fullbacks are often moved to the wing late in their careers because players usually get faster as they get older.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

MadMarcus said:
MrInvisible said:
FWIW I hear the Roosters aren't done with just picking up Oldfield from Manly's backline, they are looking to move Mini to wing for 2013 and approach Manly for a replacement.

Makes sense. Fullbacks are often moved to the wing late in their careers because players usually get faster as they get older.

Yeah Ben Farar can be a handy fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20