Rumour re Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Word from the Manly Daily is that Liam will be joining his brother at Manly next year    ;D

Well done Crusher

Has anybody seen Liam play? In the past few years, he has been moved on from the Storm and the Warriors. For most of this year he was playing for Newtown.

My question is can he play? Does he have the potential to be a better than average first grader? Or is he just a journeyman type player, such as Jeff Robson?

3-4 years ago a few people were saying Liam was the better player. Im pretty sure he has played Australian school boys so he has a bit of potential.
If he has the same tenacity as his brother, he would be a good pick up even for a bench position.

BLINDSIDE
SPORTGENERAL
02 OCT 09 @ 04:19PM

Foran brothers reunite
THERE are moves going on behind closed doors to unite the Foran brothers at the Sea Eagles in 2010.

Kieran Foran’s older brother Liam is off-contract with his manager Gavin Orr in discussions to get the brothers together at Brookvale next year.

Liam left the Warriors midway through 2009, playing the remainder of the year with Newtown.

“I’ve spoken to Des (Manly coach Des Hasler) and they are looking at it now,” Orr told us this week.

Liam can cover half/five-eighth or hooker and would no doubt be an ideal man to have coming off the bench.

So nothing has been set in concrete yet going by that newspaper article.  Similar things about coming to Manly were being said about that Pommy guy Burgess but he ended up supposedly going to the Rabbit killers so no need to get too excited at the prospect that he may be coming to us and increasing the prospects of keeping Kieren for longer as well just yet.  Just wait until he has put pen to paper and signed the contract.

Hooker is one position we need some depth in. We lose LeSnak next year too don't we ? So if he is capable of playing hooker than he could be a good pickup.

Glen stewart looked to be kept just to keep Brett and most if not all thought that was ok as he was solid backup.

Sometimes you just never know but liam would be good for depth at a minimum.

Fluffy link said:
Glen stewart looked to be kept just to keep Brett and most if not all thought that was ok as he was solid backup.

Sometimes you just never know but liam would be good for depth at a minimum.
fluff i was thinking about glen stewart as well mate, we thought he was destined to be a fringe player in Snakes shadow then bang International. Lets hope we sign liam and things work out the same

Liam has had more 'clubs" than Tiger Woods  ;D

He must be pretty average to keep geting shipped around, hope he comes good though

Who cares how good he is. If it keeps Kieran happy that is the aim of the exercise.

I can't imagine he would be on huge dollars.

Exactly Fro.  And he has played a couple of first grade games in the halves so is good for depth.  Hopefully he is one those halves that can be converted into a good hooker.  Most of the good hookers are coverted halves.

The only reason Liam went to the Rorters was they were trying to get Keiran then. If it helps us keep Keiran then good. A backup half helps but what does that say about Hodgkinson - is he gone.

Darren link said:
Liam has had more 'clubs\" than Tiger Woods   ;D

He must be pretty average to keep geting shipped around, hope he comes good though

do did hall, rose, le snack.....to name a few

Sometimes it is a matter of the right fit for the right club at the right time. Lets hope it all marries up together for both in Sea Eagles colours.

Its like an each way bet. Not much to lose but there plenty of upside.

You can tell Crusher does a lot of the background thinking and Des takes him up on the good ideas.

Like Neumann on a 3 year contract, Vaeliki, Chris Bailey, Tony Williams, we are starting to sign up some doubtfuls unfortunately

Darren link said:
Like Neumann on a 3 year contract, Vaeliki, Chris Bailey, Tony Williams, we are starting to sign up some doubtfuls unfortunately

Re-signing Orford & D.Williams on big money also, really starting to have my doubts.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8