Ruling Handed Down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Hi all! Sorry i have started a new thread on this topic but i havent been on the last couple of days as i have been one of the unfortunate Telstra users that couldnt get on to the forum the last couple of days. But i am back and with a vengance!!. (Thanks to Dan for working so hard to fix the problem too!!)

After a review of the two tries from the Manly vs Cowboys game in HD on Fox not Channel Nein substandard SD broadcast. I have ruled that the two tries in question are completely legitimate. I have ruled that Jorge Tafua actually grounded the ball on first attempt albeit by a blade of grass or two, regardless of this his second putdown was legit also. Due to the fact he was always moving toward the
tryline and did not promote the ball illegally thus grounding the ball for a try.

I would also like to hand down the ruling for Oldfields second try as completely legitimate albeit lucky in its nature. Keiran Foran at no stage propels the ball toward the Cowboys tryline he actually has his right arm and right hand palm facing back towards the Manly tryline in the direction of Jamie Lyon as he is trying to bat the ball down towards Jamie as he has no value in hitting the ball dead. Unlike Jonathan Thurston whos hidden right arm which is covered by Keiran Forans right arm has the palm of his right hand facing in the direction that the ball travels. Even if Foran touches the ball he propels it backwards just before Thurstons hand sweeps it toward the in goal. Thus removing the knock on doubt. Resulting in a legitimate but very lucky try.

The only time the Video Ref has made an error was to use the "Benefit of the Doubt" button as there is actually no doubt that these are both 100% Try's.

Ironically Bill Harrogant has bucked his trend of denial of errors all year, to come out and say they got it wrong. Funny that??

Cement Truck anyone????

Foran did touch the ball. It's clear as day in hd on my tv. Taufuas try was a try everyday though.

I didnt say that he didnt touch the ball. I simply said that if he did touch it he propelled it backwards toward Lyon it is then simultaniously hit by Thurstons hand which is trying to send it dead. Thurston was not trying to catch it!!

Foran knocked on, Taufua hit the tryline on first attempt. Thurston's pass was forward, Taufua was stripped, Taufua knocked on in goal.

Thats what happened, thats what the refs got wrong, manly won and ive moved on.

Napper normally i would just let it go and say we were lucky, but on this occasion i really think they have it wrong. And i wont just let it be that we had a rubbish call go our way. I notice noone asked Thurston if his hand touched the ball, No one is calling him Pinnochio or questioning his integrity. But they are attacking Foran and thats not right.

Conanu watch it again, Foran clearly knocks on, NO doubt about it. Anyway we won so it all good :)

conanu said:
Hi all! Sorry i have started a new thread on this topic but i havent been on the last couple of days as i have been one of the unfortunate Telstra users that couldnt get on to the forum the last couple of days. But i am back and with a vengance!!. (Thanks to Dan for working so hard to fix the problem too!!)

After a review of the two tries from the Manly vs Cowboys game in HD on Fox not Channel Nein substandard SD broadcast. I have ruled that the two tries in question are completely legitimate. I have ruled that Jorge Tafua actually grounded the ball on first attempt albeit by a blade of grass or two, regardless of this his second putdown was legit also. Due to the fact he was always moving toward the
tryline and did not promote the ball illegally thus grounding the ball for a try.

I would also like to hand down the ruling for Oldfields second try as completely legitimate albeit lucky in its nature. Keiran Foran at no stage propels the ball toward the Cowboys tryline he actually has his right arm and right hand palm facing back towards the Manly tryline in the direction of Jamie Lyon as he is trying to bat the ball down towards Jamie as he has no value in hitting the ball dead. Unlike Jonathan Thurston whos hidden right arm which is covered by Keiran Forans right arm has the palm of his right hand facing in the direction that the ball travels. Even if Foran touches the ball he propels it backwards just before Thurstons hand sweeps it toward the in goal. Thus removing the knock on doubt. Resulting in a legitimate but very lucky try.

The only time the Video Ref has made an error was to use the "Benefit of the Doubt" button as there is actually no doubt that these are both 100% Try's.

Ironically Bill Harrogant has bucked his trend of denial of errors all year, to come out and say they got it wrong. Funny that??

Cement Truck anyone????

I am with you on this 100%- I was about to start a new thread on this, but you beat me to it. The replay that shows him touch the ball the clearest of all angles is from behind the tryling- this shows Foz's hand touch the ball from the Cowgirls' tryline side- ie facing back towards our line- which to my very limited intelligence suggests that any touch should go back towards our tryline- the only way the ball could have ended up going so far in the opposite direction was if Thurston touched it (which he did) in that direction. To suggest otherwise is opposed to the laws of physics...

I bet the team and coaching staff aren't studying replays, consulting physics experts, arranging counselling sessions for Foran or holding media/public relations damage control strategic meetings. I reckon, like most of us, they will have had a giggle and now be concentrating on next week.

WE WON! Who gives a **** what the rest of the world thinks? We didn't cheat anyone or anything. Does anyone really beleieve a ref will base his decision on what a player tells him? We played to how the game was refereed. Refs blunder every week. Time to move on.

BRING ON THE STORM!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8