Rugby Union

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I have coached Rugby for many years in a big Sydney school and so I know a bit about the game.

Interesting to note the Northern Zone NSW teams announced in the paper today at U15, 16 and 17 level were full of Manly and Warringah players. Quite a few will play NSW in their age groups. One was even a Hopoate!!

Is League putting anything into trying to capture and keep good young players are we only trying to cream off the top. What is being done to promote our game?

We get Friday night exposure but not enough is being done to capture th hearts of the talented youngsters.

I had a look at the MW junior comp the other week & even with the addition of the Norths teams ut's still not half of what it was fifteen years ago.

I don't know where Manly think the next Watmough, King, Beaver, Cuthbo, Groom etc are going to come from if they continue to neglect the juniors in the way they are.

Having said that, what is RU doing to capture the players ? It doesn't seem to have a very high profile at all, even on the Beaches. It's probs all just private school, rah rah brainwashing.

IT's well known that north of the harbour is a Union stronghold. The antics of Hopoate in recent years has only confirmed that in the minds of genteele mums in recent years.

I will be encouraging my boys to play Union rather than League too. The culture of League is very distrubing - Union a lot more civilised.

And I will add that my 5 year old is looking like he could be a gun.

heres me thinking this is a comment on queenslands game last night.

Forward passes, lying in the play the balls not getting off the player until you finish your coffee and not getting penalised for it. Very much like watching the all blacks

Yeah it was disgraceful that NSW did not get pinged once in the whole game for a defensive penalty. What a joke that is.

yeah it was

any coach worth his salt would have sent a runner saying that the cane toads are lying on the players and in the play the ball to slow it down and not getting penalised so we better start.

Queensland exploited the i forgot my whistle policy of hayne, NSW didnt. My guess is the qlders were tipped off before hand but i am still of the opinion origin is rigged. Hence the forward pass try on the back of price falling over penalty. Then to try and make it tight and hence a "great" game there berrigan incident/s, which was also there to give the impression it was a fair game and the ref farked up both ways.

Let's keep to the intent of the thread. There are plenty of other Origin threads to air your conspiracy theories.

In dubbo at Under 14s level, the Roos (Union) have three sides and the Rhinos (Union) have two.

By way of contrast the League sides (CYMS and Macquarie) are struggling to field one each.

If it's like that in dubbo I'd hate to think what it is like on the Northern Beaches!

Just listening to Radio Sport earlier.

The Australia A side got touched up 50-0 yesterday at Carisbrook, and their management refused to come on air and talk this morning :D

How is Australia going to solve this depth problem they have

Invade some Pacific Islands and acquire the "New Zealand" rugby nurseries.

The Australia A side got touched up 50-0 yesterday at Carisbrook, and their management refused to come on air and talk this morning :D

I flicked over and saw the score was 31-0 and it was not even half time.

I watched the Wallabies test last night and was very surprised we only got beaten by 3, probably should have won apart from a couple of stupid mistakes you see from a under 7 game that cost us. Everyone was saying the boks will smash us by plenty. I have no doubt the All Blacks will though!!!!

Find 4 five eigths that can kick for each province.

Feed their boys protein-rich breakfast careals rather than **** like Nutri Grain so that they get a tight five worthy of the name.

Public Schools produce more League juniors.
Private Schools produce more Union juniors.

Private Schools dominate rich, or well to do areas.

Therefore, in areas like Manly, where there are a plethora of private schools, kids are groomed to play rugby union. (Which sucks if you ask me).

There's nothing you can do about that. Except maybe to get a teacher who loves league at a private school to get off their arse, and be more proactive about the sport they love. They could promote school, and register them in the Arrive Alive Cup for example. Then he could contact OTHER schools in the area to do the same. What a domino effect that would have !!!

So get off your arse Canteen, stop whingeing about why, and do something about it. You can get registration forms at:-

http://www.arrivealive.com.au/content.php/246.html

Enter your school, and show you have the courage of your convictions, in an area you feel the need to whinge about.

There has been more money in Union over the last 12 years than there has been in League Ryan.

When you see that the entire NSW starting pack was from NSW country you realise that the future for Manly will not lie with *hoping* cossetted little rich boys are going to forsake Euro dollar signs and come over to League. It ain't gonna happen.

Manly needs to "own" a part of Country NSW, and perhaps even set up ana Academy there if it wants to guarantee a flow of young talent.

Mata. Encouraging your kids to play Union ?
Are you trying to wind us up ?

That's herecy.
It's a sloppy & uninteresting glorified penalty shootout played by half a team of fat blokes stomping on each other and half a team of blokes that stand around not doing much.

How Union can be considered a threat, I don't know.

If the Beaches is a Union stronghold then it's stuffed. They can't get more than a couple of thousand to their games & can't push the Eagles off the back page of the local paper.

I watched the game last night.

What a bore.

Any game where you can lead by 3 with 3 to go and lose by 3 after two drop goals needs a reality check.

The forwards are just fat and backs are just lazy. The only area that rugby union is better than league is how good they are at drop kicking.

And that is the games biggest downfall.

Mata. Encouraging your kids to play Union ?
Are you trying to wind us up ?

That's herecy.
It's a sloppy & uninteresting glorified penalty shootout played by half a team of fat blokes stomping on each other and half a team of blokes that stand around not doing much.

How Union can be considered a threat, I don't know.

If the Beaches is a Union stronghold then it's stuffed. They can't get more than a couple of thousand to their games & can't push the Eagles off the back page of the local paper.

Come out my way and watch the kids and their parents at the various codes.

The League kids and parents are the biggest bunch of deadheads you will ever care to meet and the competition is marred by bullying and violence.

Union has a modicum of civility about it.

It's not about the game. It's about not subjecting my boys to coaches that are wankers and team mates that are on a one way road to prison.

Maybe you need to move a little closer to Brooky oval then Mata.
If your son is a gun, I'm sure the Narraweena Hawks will be quite welcoming.

Too early to say how much ability they have. But my 5 year old is already 130cm and carving up the local soccer comp. ;)

Scored all 4 goals in a 4-0 win yesterday.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2