Rugby League and Federal Sports Funding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jabroni link said:
If the world cup was here it would have been great. Rectangular stadiums would have been upgraded, tourists would have come, the economy would have benefited, everyone would have been happy in the end. Much like the olympics.

if lowy put the money in himself, does that mean he gets all the profits, tv rights, merchandise sales, all that jazz? No. Thats just stupid guys.

Australia had just as much chance as anyone else there. They took it to a place that it had never been to, the middle east. It could have easily been Oceania. This corruption bullcrap broke well into the bid, the money was already spent.

It was last in South Africa, where does soccer sit in terms of popularity there? Behind Cricket and Union. Well behind. Forget the cross codal hate.

The thing your also forgetting if we won this bloody thing the Rugby League, AFL, and Rugby Seasons would have to stop. No if's, no but's no anything this is one of FIFA's rules of being host.

I am stunned at the quality and intellectualism of the responses.A huge thanks from me and a karma up vote to all who expressed their opinions so thoroughly.

Cheers.RF

Gotta be in it to win it.
Oz woulda made a motza in tourism and the effects would continue for years so i guess it was worth a gamble.

If they are happy to spend 44 bil on a fancy internet connection so office jockeys can download movies and update facebook faster then i guess 45 mil aint that much to spend on a possible money maker.

Im glad our bid got rolled as bad as our soccer team did in the world cup. Be glad to see the end of this soccer fad thats been slowly dieing since it peaked in 2006.

Pablo link said:
Im glad our bid got rolled as bad as our soccer team did in the world cup. Be glad to see the end of this soccer fad thats been slowly dieing since it peaked in 2006.

Well said. What we all have to realise is that soccer is a competitor for the hearts & minds of fans and most importantly juniors.

I cannot comprehend that any Rugby League tragic would countenance giving a direct competitor a "leg up." Don't be under any illusions about this, if soccer (or AFL & Union for that matter) was able to destroy Rugby League, they would do it in a heart beat.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2