Rugby Australia: A Cautionary Tale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From this response I assume that you’re a science man. Which means your faith is in the science which you have been taught, read, heard or viewed. Is it not?
Im not just one thing. I think science is great. The number one reason is that science asks questions. Take any law of science, come up with new, repeatable evidence to change the law and the law changes. No faith required.
I also think philosophy is great.
I love some of the stories from the bible esp jesus on the cross, dying and says to forgive the romans becuase they dont know what they are doing. Does not mean i can prove it really happened or that he was talking to himself.

I work on evidence.
Show me solid, testable evidence and ill most likely take it on board.
Faith is not for everyone.

One moment here feathered friend .

We all rely on faith and faith is for every one

Let me explain .

Example

For someone that does not believe in God (and that is their right and freedom of choice) then they also put their faith that their is nothing up there .

We all have faith in a belief weather it is Christian , or Athiest or etc , etc etc

Oh okay... you’re an agnostic... which means your faith is in believing that it is not possible for anyone to prove the existence of God.
No and no.
Im not agnostic.
My understanding of what an agnostic is, is not what you quoted above. more that it is unproven.

I said "some people" not "all believers".

I normally dont get involved in religious discussion but this issue has drawn me in.

In my time here I've seen a few humorous digs at religion but nothing I would consider persecution - perhaps I haven't been here long enough to have seen the worst of it.

At any rate, I respect everyone's beliefs & apologise if my earlier posts offended you, I have no problem with any religion, my philosophy is "live & let live" but I got a bit fired up when I saw eaglebuzz using claims of religious persecution as a means of diminishing & excusing what Folau said.

At the end of the day I just think people should try to get along with each other & rather than arguing about infringement of freedom of speech or religious persecution perhaps more effort should be taken by people to not be offensive, regardless of if it is a religious or non-religious belief they want to publish.
Yeah spot on... people really should have more respect for each other. Humans are the main problem... I have Jewish friends, Muslim friends, atheist friends, agnostic friends, Christian friends... and I have also encountered some extremely nasty people from all of the above groups.

I have been staying out of this stuff of late as well, and will probably do so again. You certainly didn’t offend me, and I don’t think that anything you posted was disrespectful/offensive either. I just got drawn in myself while watching the Goons get lapped.

faith
/feɪθ/
noun
  1. 1.
    complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    "this restores one's faith in politicians"
    synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction, credence, reliance, dependence; More

2. 2.
    strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.
    "bereaved people who have shown supreme faith"
    synonyms: religion, church, sect, denomination, persuasion, religious persuasion, religious belief, belief, code of belief, ideology, creed, teaching, dogma, doctrine
    "she gave her life for her faith"

No and no.
Im not agnostic.
My understanding of what an agnostic is, is not what you quoted above. more that it is unproven.
Agnostic- nothing is known or can be known about the existence of God.

So what empirical evidence have you personally found and tested then? On stuff...

faith
/feɪθ/
noun
  1. 1.
    complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    "this restores one's faith in politicians"
    synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction, credence, reliance, dependence; More

2. 2.
    strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.
    "bereaved people who have shown supreme faith"
    synonyms: religion, church, sect, denomination, persuasion, religious persuasion, religious belief, belief, code of belief, ideology, creed, teaching, dogma, doctrine
    "she gave her life for her faith"
I know what faith is... however there is an experiential element which defies words.

What do you believe? I know what I believe. Just interested is all.

Im not just one thing. I think science is great. The number one reason is that science asks questions. Take any law of science, come up with new, repeatable evidence to change the law and the law changes. No faith required.
I love some of the stories from the bible esp jesus on the cross, dying and says to forgive the romans becuase they dont know what they are doing. Does not mean i can prove it really happened or that he was talking to himself.
Disregard my last question... just read this. Cool.

Agnostic- nothing is known or can be known about the existence of God.

So what empirical evidence have you personally found and tested then? On stuff...
Im not claiming anything as fact as stated above. i do question religons and look for evidence and a lot of them come up short.

Your reference to Jesus on the cross is awesome mate... I think many professing Christians would do well to spend much more time reflecting upon what this scripture communicates.

Im not claiming anything as fact as stated above. i do question religons and look for evidence and a lot of them come up short.
The interesting thing is that there are many scientists out there that are christian or have other religious believes as well as Athiests

Which all comes down to every one putting their faith in their belief

What happens when we die... empirically speaking? What testable evidence do you have to prove that God doesn’t exist? The Big Bang?

This is interesting to me (what happens when we die) now could you
A) define die
B) prove we die

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8