• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stuey Davis’s Socks

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Code violators get electric shock treatment
By Roy Masters
February 21, 2006
Page 1 of 2

The smallest fine has been $12,800, to the Roosters for the 2000 season. The Bulldogs aside, the highest has been $120,000, to the Storm for repeated infringements up to 2004. Every club bar three - Canberra, Souths and Manly - has been fined since the NRL began in 1998.

The Raiders learnt their lesson when the club was placed in administration after major salary cap breaches in 1991; Souths were out of the league for a couple of years and, when re-admitted, had no players to spend money on; and Manly … well, maybe we should believe it's God's country after all.

I see Roy is still running his anti-Manly agenda. :bdh: :bdh: :bdh:

AND we were investigated and came up rosy...It's funny all the clubs that haven't cheated are the bottom clubs though:-

Manly
Canberra
Souths

There may be something in that !!!

It is probably because we haven't had the money spend the cap since 1997

Superleague pillaged Manly in that we were forced to up massive payments to a huge level in the fight for the ARL virtually breaking the club. The Northern Beagles was a desperate attemtp to stave off financial problems and it has taken much to dig us out of the hole. We have not had the cash to spend on players.

Grant Wooden, Gary Winter, Wade Forrester, Tony Jensen, etc and the many other draughthorses that played for Manly in those years were hardly the sort of players to break the salary cap????

Masters is still the spindly pr1ck he was all those years ago when at Wests. He hates us with a passion but as far as I'm concerned he can go straight to hell.

Masters is still the spindly pr1ck he was all those years ago when at Wests. He hates us with a passion but as far as I'm concerned he can go straight to hell.
To be fair the article is quite a fair one and in no way is Masters singling Manly out.

Masters isn't the auditer and has no influence in the game. Why take notice of what this broken-down hack has to say? :roll:

[quote author=Robbo]
To be fair the article is quite a fair one and in no way is Masters singling Manly out.

[/quote]

To be fair Masters is a prick

You are talking about my Year 7 Geography teacher there. He is an interesting guy to chat with - he spoke to a team I was in before we played in a State final and basically he was brilliant. (Same year as Manly beat Wests in the Prel final!!!) :yeah:

You are talking about my Year 7 Geography teacher there. He is an interesting guy to chat with - he spoke to a team I was in before we played in a State final and basically he was brilliant. (Same year as Manly beat Wests in the Prel final!!!) :yeah:

He never won a premiership - he's hopeless.

Are your cheeks still stinging?
The face-slapping thing was a Sixty Minutes beat up and never happened. Was all set up by Tommy Raudonikis, Dalls Donnelly and co who thought they'd gee up the journos!!

Great days - the old Fibro and Silvertails years. That game in Melbourne in 75 and subsequent brawls on the paddock were fair dinkum though!

The reality is CW that Masters uses every occassion he can to have a go or make a snide aside against Manly. I personally hope he is camped in a fibro shack at the end of Parramatta Road and is living his dream existence of complaining about life's injustices.

I remember Ray Price speaking to my school side before a big match, he sure was inspiring. He told us how we had no chance and would get flogged by the boys from the city :blah: the whole team looked around at each other shocked. Was quite funny now I think about it. The coach apologised to us for getting him in for the pep talk as soon as he left.

Roy never won a comp and is still whingeing about 85 and the Dogs!!!!

He is probably linving in the Eastern Subs and sipping Lates.

He has never forgiven us for the 78 season (plus signing Dorahy, Boyd and Brown) and people like him and Wazza Ryan (despite making a lot of sense on some issues) are still living back in the 70s/80s when it comes to Manly.

Why the antagonism towards Masters? I am obviously missing the point. I find Masters to be an above average journalist and commentator. Surely the anti Masters feelings here cannot be attributed towards his comments about Manly. He is a journalist and is expected to have a view, you don’t have to agree with his comments but they hardly makes him public enemy number one.

This very internet site owes its name to Masters. He christened Manly “The Silvertails” and his battling Magpies “The Fibro’s” We loved it, as a Northern Beaches resident we knew we were superior to those battlers in the Western Suburbs that sprawled further than any self respecting Northern Beaches boy would ever dare venture. Masters just brought the worlds attention to it.

We knew of these “Fibro’s” we just called them Westies though. They spewed off the Manly Ferry every Sunday in their flannelette shirts (even in summer) and the chicks that they dragged along simply lacked the class of our Northern Beaches girls. The only time I ever ventured to these “Western Suburbs” was the occasional trip to Canberra. As we passed through suburbs like Wentworthville and Liverpool I was astounded by the poor quality of the housing and the shapeless blocks of 4 storey flats. It was only then that I truly understood the difference between living on the beaches and the ugly sprawl of this "fibro country"

It amazes that the supposed “intelligent” Manly Supporters site can be critical of journalist simply because of a perceived bias against Manly. In fairness there is some support of Masters in this thread, I admit that I not the sharpest tool in the shed, but the criticisms of Masters, and at times other journalists, on this and others forums for no other reason other than their article did not support Manly simply pisses me off.

Dont be pissed off Pete.

I mean i think youve answered your own question.

Some people may well have a problem with Masters simply because of the US and THEM (fibro/silvertail) factor of the past.

It may be no more or no less than that.

[quote author=Corso_Pete]
Masters to be an above average journalist and commentator.

Who is the average journalist? Rebecca wilson and danny Weideler? Sure Masters is better than those two but it is also well known that masters is a heavy drinker and doesn't carry much credabilty these days. The only masters who does is his brother Chris who reports for 4 corners.

We knew of these “Fibro’s” we just called them Westies though. They spewed off the Manly Ferry every Sunday in their flannelette shirts (even in summer) and the chicks that they dragged along simply lacked the class of our Northern Beaches girls. The only time I ever ventured to these “Western Suburbs” was the occasional trip to Canberra. As we passed through suburbs like Wentworthville and Liverpool I was astounded by the poor quality of the housing and the shapeless blocks of 4 storey flats. It was only then that I truly understood the difference between living on the beaches and the ugly sprawl of this "fibro country"

The main problem with these unit developments in the western suburbs such as Mt Druitt is that most were built by builders from the northern beaches. In fact a very well know Brookvale Italian identity made a lot of his fortune from building this type of crap development. No wonder the silvertails/fibro antagonism exists.

for **** sake pete, you constant agende of trying to put us down for our opinions grows ever tiring. It is quite obvious your are put here as the most intelligent of your group meh have fun

for **** sake pete, you constant agende of trying to put us down for our opinions grows ever tiring. It is quite obvious your are put here as the most intelligent of your group meh have fun

I thought of all the Silvertails you were the one that I thought I would get some support from in the Northern Beaches V Western Suburbs. Your recent diatribe against the folk of the Western Suburbs showed me that you were a true bigot. and a true believer in the Masters, Fibro/Silvertails theory.

However as you seem to think that I have some ulterior motive (which you are oh so wrong) I will in future not express my opinions. Sorry I don't meet the conformity that you require.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4