Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 7 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Might be able to put a line through dogs at this rate... they were going to be a fringe top 8 team at best anyway, but so many mid to long term injuries should see them struggle to get enough wins with how close the comp is

[/st_td_row][st_td]Warriorshopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 23, 2022
REACTIONS: 1,175
This is a big game. You'd have to think that at least the Eels are a contender this season, but they do need to start showing it before they get too far behind.
Eels have had a pretty tough draw to be fair and they've been in every game.

713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
REACTIONS: 12,901
Congratulations to the Tigers for earning their first points this week. And to think Sheens wasn't sure if it could be done.

713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
REACTIONS: 12,901
Eels have had a pretty tough draw to be fair and they've been in every game.

For sure. They are injury free too

1050.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]James W - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 10, 2013
REACTIONS: 669
Congratulations to the Tigers for earning their first points this week. And to think Sheens wasn't sure if it could be done.
I bet it was a nailbiter...

8536.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Super Freak - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2014
The Hudson Young try.

I don't know why Su'A went for the ankle tap so early. He was closing the gap and I think he would have got him before he reached the line.

At the very least he could have waited a little longer to make the ankle tap.

1412667335.png

5003.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]jonesy101 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 28, 2016
REACTIONS: 6,207
I was skeptical of the Dolphins coming into the comp and thought it would risk utter failure, but so far - though still early days - it's been nothing but positive other than the pesky bye it's caused. They pulled in a pretty decent crowd of nearly 24,000 in the weekend.

I don't follow the AFL, but often take a look at crowd figures and the numbers they manage to pull in for the Melbourne and Western Australian derbies are always huge. However, the crowds for the expansion franchises GWS and the Gold Coast are usually tiny. GWS can't even crack 10,000 this season.

To those that follow the AFL have those expansion franchises actually added anything to the comp or are they failing to attract much interest in their locality?

8187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Organix - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 19, 2012
Graham Annesley starts his weekly briefing again boasting about all the games being close (i.e. 0-6 pts or <12 pts). Obviously, teams providing blowout scorelines is undesirable. Keep an eye out for levelling calls when a team exceeds the 12 pt lead.

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016
REACTIONS: 22,335
8187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Organix - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 19, 2012

Graham Annesley starts his weekly briefing again boasting about all the games being close (i.e. 0-6 pts or <12 pts). Obviously, teams providing blowout scorelines is undesirable. Keep an eye out for levelling calls when a team exceeds the 12 pt lead.

Most of the time when a team gets one try ahead the bias pushes the behind team to level up before it even gets to a 12 point differential!

Smash em bro

[/st_td_row][st_td]kos - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 16, 2013
REACTIONS: 5,179
The Titans Broncos game was a sell out

The Gc Suns afaik have never had a sell out game on the gc

8187.jpg

I wish they'd thought of that during our first half against Penrith!

8187.jpg
801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/
I mean, based on an earlier briefing from Annesley, they want the games to be close to the very end, but they love to have as many tries as possible. It is still very dependent on the losing team converting their chances. I didn't watch this game Pen V Manly, but we all know the Panthers are both a good team AND golden boys of the NRL (IMO partly because of AFL encroachment in that region), so sometimes you're just SOL.

8187.jpg
801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/
Just watched the highlights...you also need to actually tackle the opponents in NRL.

4734.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Aman - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 9, 2016
REACTIONS: 12,474
8187.jpg

I always found that weird. Are you saying your refs are influencing results?

4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016
REACTIONS: 12,178
I always found that weird. Are you saying your refs are influencing results?
That's what he's saying, and something about battling the dark forces of AFL markets that we know nothing about here.

10189.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mustafur - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 13, 2019
5003.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]jonesy101 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 28, 2016
REACTIONS: 6,207

I was skeptical of the Dolphins coming into the comp and thought it would risk utter failure, but so far - though still early days - it's been nothing but positive other than the pesky bye it's caused. They pulled in a pretty decent crowd of nearly 24,000 in the weekend.

I don't follow the AFL, but often take a look at crowd figures and the numbers they manage to pull in for the Melbourne and Western Australian derbies are always huge. However, the crowds for the expansion franchises GWS and the Gold Coast are usually tiny. GWS can't even crack 10,000 this season.

To those that follow the AFL have those expansion franchises actually added anything to the comp or are they failing to attract much interest in their locality?

What helps Dolphins and can't be understated is they are an Existing QRL team, it's not like the Titans for example, I think if any more teams get added in the East Coast it should be an existing franchise from the lower grades that get the license and it should be much more successful.

4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016
REACTIONS: 12,186
10189.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mustafur - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 13, 2019
What helps Dolphins and can't be understated is they are an Existing QRL team, it's not like the Titans for example, I think if any more teams get added in the East Coast it should be an existing franchise from the lower grades that get the license and it should be much more successful.

Which QRL feeder club should the Aranui Eagles affiliate with when we get the next licence

8255.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]LittleDavey - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2013
If it's another East Coast club it will either be Ipswich Jets or the Bears. Although the Bears seem to be keen on relocating if necessary, even to Perth (which to me seems to be a no-brainer as far as expansion due to the additional timeslot 2 hours behind the East Coast. Sorry NZ cuzzy bros, I know that's 4hrs behind you guys but if you accept Eastern Aust is the centre of the sport then it does make some sense, travel aside.)

4734.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Aman - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 9, 2016
REACTIONS: 12,474
That's what he's saying, and something about battling the dark forces of AFL markets that we know nothing about here.

Do you also think there’s some agenda to making so much noise around sold out games, crowd attendance etc when it’s clear that every 4th seat has been empty in all the games?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8