Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 5 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
I dont need sympathy. We are out of sorts. Tough performance just certain groups of players hurting us week in week out. ****ing can find an injury this year too.
Drinkwater is back next week... he basically carries your team so you might be able to do something moving forward.

Lucky you're only playing half a dolphins team at home... so you should be able to jag a win

9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016
I thought Addo-Carr should have just tried to beat the fullback with his speed after he re-gathered the ball but decided to take a very risky play by kicking it again.

It doesn't matter in the end. Burton with the clutch field goal and it's glorious.
He had support on the inside .. don't know why he didn't pass it to them... or if he was always looking to kick then kick towards them

9256.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]JayPee - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 16, 2017
Drinkwater is back next week... he basically carries your team so you might be able to do something again.

Lucky you're only playing half a dolphins team at home... so you should be able to jag a win
I wouldn't put it past us to find another loss.

8536.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Super Freak - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2014
I dont need sympathy. We are out of sorts. Tough performance just certain groups of players hurting us week in week out. ****ing can find an injury this year too.

They will come good, they're too good a team not to. Drinkwater is a big out. He's a key part of the Cowboys attack.

Cowboys surprised a lot of teams last year and by the time the opposition caught on that it wasn't a fluke, Cowboys already had momentum and they were very hard to stop. You guys don't have that luxury this year and teams have been aiming up from the start. They will figure it out.

1412667335.png

9052.jpg
One can only hope

8770.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Wolfie - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 14, 2015

Me either.

8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013
Honestly, I think the Cows issue is they have a lot of injuries/ suspensions and given they have very few x factor players as it is, the fact Drinkwater and Nanai are out makes them a limited side. They are tenacious though, so that will make them competitive and they are up against a completely busted side next week, so it will be a snore fest but the Cows should get up.

8834.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Fernando - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 5, 2015
This is far and away the best start to a season i've seen

4461.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 25, 2015
REACTIONS: 4,252
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

That's fair.

Is flog like Bro? 🤣

8423.jpg
Goodness me, I never watch channel 9 but just re-watched some highlights from their broadcasts, that commentator makes it simply unwatchable with the sound on. Just shut up, you don't need to shout EVERYTHING.

8423.jpg
What on earth was the Newcastle fullback doing here:

1899.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Pete - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 11, 2008
Commiserations @JayPee.

Both teams were determined to take it to the final minute where the Cowboys basically had every option covered except for the miracle plays. Of course the Bulldogs go those plays and they're getting lucky off-side calls, miracle offloads that happen to cause a restart, cross-field kicks that sit up etc.

It's frustrating because you can see them coming, but you can't really fault the effort of the players. Especially when you're missing key personnel and you lose two key forwards when the game is there for the taking.

Scotty should be able to get the team back on track and I'm curious to see how Hiku and Feldt respond.

80.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Makasene - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 7,424
Really none the wiser on how this season is shaping up

I'm expecting a wild fluctuation in the current table

5 of the bottom 6 made the 8 last year.

8536.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Super Freak - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2014

It didn't really matter in the end, but the right call was made with this one. Harper is making a tackle, there's no stripping motion and his forearm forces the ball free and when Best loses grasp of the ball Harper's hand is still in contact with it. That's a loose carry and an automatic knock on. The ball doesn't have to touch the ground for it to be ruled a knock on, it's the ball coming into contact with a defender that constitutes a knock on.

There's been similar incidents over the years, there was one in the Broncos vs Panthers game back in 2017 when Wallace was diving in for a try and McGuire's hand forces the ball free which goes back, Tamou picks up the ball and scores and the decision is overturned because it's deemed it was a loose carry from Wallace and when McGuire forces the ball free it's an automatic knock on due to the ball coming into contact with a defender.

You could make an argument McGuire was playing at the ball, I think he was, but in this incident Harper was just making a tackle.

1412667335.png

6412.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Bangbros 2023 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 20, 2019
REACTIONS: 8,774
8536.jpg

It didn't really matter in the end, but the right call was made with this one. Harper is making a tackle, there's no stripping motion and his forearm forces the ball free and when Best loses grasp of the ball Harper's hand is still in contact with it. That's a loose carry and an automatic knock on. The ball doesn't have to touch the ground for it to be ruled a knock on, it's the ball coming into contact with a defender that constitutes a knock on.

There's been similar incidents over the years, there was one in the Broncos vs Panthers game back in 2017 when Wallace was diving in for a try and McGuire's hand forces the ball free which goes back, Tamou picks up the ball and scores and the decision is overturned because it's deemed it was a loose carry from Wallace and when McGuire forces the ball free it's an automatic knock on due to the ball coming into contact with a defender.

You could make an argument McGuire was playing at the ball, I think he was, but in this incident Harper was just making a tackle.

1412667335.png
That's not true! Harper can't tackle.

9052.jpg
Something very similar happened in the Chester try for cows though and was carried through as a try.

When he scoops up the ball he's tackled straight away and it appears to come loose and make contact with the defender, but it wasnt looked at and stayed a try.

To me it just seems a completely pointless decision to call out the Best try when it didnt really look blatant... his hands were still around the ball, so did it ever fully come away from the hands or just bobble a little bit.

But now that's a precedent... so if it happens again it will be scrutinised by the media and Graham will be fronting up on a Monday morning defending the decision

3753.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dixpat - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 3, 2014
REACTIONS: 6,221
9052.jpg
Something very similar happened in the Chester try for cows though and was carried through as a try.

When he scoops up the ball he's tackled straight away and it appears to come loose and make contact with the defender, but it wasnt looked at and stayed a try.

To me it just seems a completely pointless decision to call out the Best try when it didnt really look blatant... his hands were still around the ball, so did it ever fully come away from the hands or just bobble a little bit.

But now that's a precedent... so if it happens again it will be scrutinised by the media and Graham will be fronting up on a Monday morning defending the decision

How can you knock a ball on into an opposition player when that players hands are behind the the ball I.e the ball was moving away from the hand?

Best try difficult, but right decision
Interesting, I thought the Knights were dudded with that but the slo-mo shows they actually got it right.

8761.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dash - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .December 12, 2014
If we're getting really technical, how can Best knock it on into Harper's arm when Harper's arm is behind Best's arm?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6