Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 5 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
1064.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]snake77 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 12, 2013
REACTIONS: 23,515
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016

I had a post on this in our forum and the 8 times we leave QLD is the same as the worst case for a Sydney team having to leave Sydney.

I think Manly leave Sydney like 5 times this year.

The most a Sydney team has to leave Sydney in a year is 8 times if they jag all the external teams as away (4x Qld teams, NZ, Melb, Canberra... excl. Newcastle, because it's a bus trip) and then have Magic Round as a home game.

So it might be special for us, but that's a worst case scenario for a Sydney team

Interesting. It really puts into perspective how silly Gould and some other analysts are when they complain about how hard it is for Sydney sides vs the out of town teams.

They get to most games via bus and can recruit a lot of players without them having to move house or uplift their kids to a different school.

We often discuss it on our forum due to the amount of travel we do. Like when it was pointed out how many kms we were due to travel one year compared to the Roosters.

A good point on how the draw affects the Syndey sides.

It is a bit of a sore point for us more so this year as they were away for 2 1/2 seasons and there was some talk of more games back in NZ. Instead it's been back to normal.

1064.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]snake77 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 12, 2013
Walsh is the king of cramps! 🤣
They might need to keep an option on the bench to interchange him as it seems to happen every week.

It looked like they were trying to massage him earlier to alleviate it.

To be honest I used cramp up a lot myself playing this sport. A good reminder on how much running guys can do.

1064.jpg
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

For our cross forum friends, from an unbiased perspective, do you feel we are legit the best side at the minute or are we a bit overachieving at the moment?

You guys have deserved your wins. You are probably the best side at the moment as some of the top sides from last year have started slowly. Things will get tougher.

You guys are good to watch though.

Walsh is going better than he was with us last year. I wasn't sure if it was second year syndrome or the way we were using him. He made a lot of mistakes last year, some of those are popping up this year with you guys but the brilliance is out weighing that. For us the errors were compounding, a kick off out on the full followed by a knock on or a missed tackle.

We used his skills better in 2021 but last year it looked like sides had worked him out. We should of been able to have him sweep around the back like the combination Johnson had with Tomkins. I thought Reynolds would get him in good positions it would then show if he had been worked out or night. He has definitely come good.

[/st_td_row][st_td]Spoon - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 24, 2015
1064.jpg

Interesting. It really puts into perspective how silly Gould and some other analysts are when they complain about how hard it is for Sydney sides vs the out of town teams.

They get to most games via bus and can recruit a lot of players without them having to move house or uplift their kids to a different school.

We often discuss it on our forum due to the amount of travel we do. Like when it was pointed out how many kms we were due to travel one year compared to the Roosters.

It is a bit of a sore point for us more so this year as they were away for 2 1/2 seasons and there was some talk of more games back in NZ. Instead it's been back to normal.

I actually thought it would have been fair if the warriors got 2/3 their games at home this year. Sadly the NRL schedule makers are so full of ****. It's always about the money.

As a Broncos supporter we generally get a least an extra 10K fans at a Sunday arvo game at home. However we are lucky to to get 1 or 2 a year. It's all about the TV ratings at night.

1050.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]James W - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 10, 2013
REACTIONS: 528
I've always had a soft spot for the broncs. Something about most of my Aussie mates being queenslanders and my first live game being a broncs/wahs game has always made me like your lot.

[/st_td_row][st_td]JaggedJ - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2018
REACTIONS: 15,633
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

Thanks for your comments everyone. I agree, Melbourne in Melbourne is our big test, I’m sure our team has one eye on it.

So happy to see the Warriors doing well and hope they keep it up, everybody’s favourite other team.

Glad to see TTurbo fit too and if he stays fit, Manly will always be a serious threat. My concerns with the Sea Eagles though is defense. Even when Seibold was with us, he never focused on defense and really, without that, it is hard to win a competition.

Next 2 weeks will say a lot about Manly. Panthers and Storm. They've already conceded 30 twice in 4 games without losing either. Don't think they'll be that lucky against those 2 teams.

9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016

I had a post on this in our forum and the 8 times we leave QLD is the same as the worst case for a Sydney team having to leave Sydney.

I think Manly leave Sydney like 5 times this year.

The most a Sydney team has to leave Sydney in a year is 8 times if they jag all the external teams as away (4x Qld teams, NZ, Melb, Canberra... excl. Newcastle, because it's a bus trip) and then have Magic Round as a home game.

So it might be special for us, but that's a worst case scenario for a Sydney team

I agree. **** Sydney.

75.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Defence - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 25,571

Wasn’t it that we done more travel in one game than the roosters done all year?
Because they always send us on a 14hr trip to Perth so we can play at 2am nz time every year.
Then the commentary drill us for looking tired in the second half 😂

9052.jpg
1064.jpg

It's why it pisses me off when Gould and co start talking about a conference system, but they just land on Sydney vs the rest.

How is it even remotely fair to permanently split the comp down the middle and have one side travelling up and down the east coast and NZ, whilst the other half are taking a bus trip every weekend.

The comp is still too Sydney centric

75.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Defence - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
Btw I’ve always seen the broncos as one of our main rivals because our first game was against u guys and it was a classic.
We’ve had some good brawls too like when Monty punched holes in poor old Casey McGuire…
Or when campion flattened webke.
It’s not really a hate though like Melbourne or the roosters- more a friendly rivalry.
I think most kiwis have a soft spot for manly too because they were the dirt club to start stacking g their teams with kiwis back in the late 80s/ early 90s.

8423.jpg
75.jpg

Btw I’ve always seen the broncos as one of our main rivals because our first game was against u guys and it was a classic.
We’ve had some good brawls too like when Monty punched holes in poor old Casey McGuire…
Or when campion flattened webke.
It’s not really a hate though like Melbourne or the roosters- more a friendly rivalry.
I think most kiwis have a soft spot for manly too because they were the dirt club to start stacking g their teams with kiwis back in the late 80s/ early 90s.

We've shared a few decent players over the years too:
Campion
Swain
Tate
Berrigan
Walsh
Arthars
Tony haha
Moon haha

[/st_td_row][st_td]Warriorshopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 23, 2022
REACTIONS: 1,050
8423.jpg

Campion
Swain
Tate
Berrigan
Walsh
Arthars
Tony haha
Moon haha

Can we have Arthars back? pretty please?

75.jpg
REACTIONS: 25,576
8423.jpg

Campion
Swain
Tate
Berrigan
Walsh
Arthars
Tony haha
Moon haha

I actually liked moon- him and fein were looking likely- we won both our trials and our first couple of games with them in the halves then we brought Stacey back and he was pushed out- hardly won another game after that.

8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Warriorshopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 23, 2022
REACTIONS: 1,050

Can we have Arthars back? pretty please?

We are incredibly lucky to have him as a back up, we are aware of that. I don't think we'll still have him next year, he is clearly first grade standard.

4275.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Beastmode - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2015
REACTIONS: 23,327
Walsh has been a game changer for you broncos fans and I’m happy for you all.

Warriors aren’t too shabby this season either. Hopefully both teams stay injury free and we have a cracker of a deby when we play each other

4275.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Beastmode - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2015
Arthur’s has high football IQ and awareness

Definitely a keeper or we stealing him back - handy at centre , wing and wonder if he covers FB?

8423.jpg
4275.jpg

Definitely a keeper or we stealing him back - handy at centre , wing and wonder if he covers FB?

I think coming through he was a fullback, at least that is his stated preferred position.

4461.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 25, 2015
REACTIONS: 4,221

Manu can do all that 10x better

8423.jpg
4461.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 25, 2015
REACTIONS: 4,221
Manu can do all that 10x better

Not following, what does this have to do with our topic of conversation here?

4275.jpg
REACTIONS: 23,332
8423.jpg

I think coming through he was a fullback, at least that is his stated preferred position.

He’s a no frills type - gets the job done with no drama.

He’d fit in well in our Warriors system now - reminds me of CNK.

I also like the look of Jordon Riki - another grinder that matches what we’re after in the Warriors system

The glam / franchise guys like your Cobbos, Stag, Walsh are much better suited to your flashy high octane club. Aussie media for whatever reason love a good hero to worship

10189.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mustafur - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 13, 2019
80.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Makasene - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 7,349

They had to beg him to do it, he doesn't want to be there - you can see it in his body language

If the long term plan is to have Benji the coach they should of told Benji to go be an assistant under a good one.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4