Round 26 announced - NRL bending over backwards for Lockyer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm pretty sure I recall Rabs during the match against Souths early in the year call that match his debut a few times as well.

If asked on it earlier i would have said that souths final in 07 was his debut, same as if asked about Bani, I would have said the preliminary v the cows

That Cowboys semi was my bucks party, Bani ran about 400 metres to score a try and beat 600 defenders (well it seemed like it given my state of inebriation at the time)

Fro said:
That Cowboys semi was my bucks party, Bani ran about 400 metres to score a try and beat 600 defenders (well it seemed like it given my state of inebriation at the time)

that was a great night

i remember heading to sydney that morning thinking out great season was going to end that night then we came out and smashed them :)

that grand final week in 2007 was sureal spending the week in the area. The result GF was ****e but we all know what happened a year later :)

I am back guys (well almost).....in internet range at least (not like the last month).....on deck Monday but rest assured we will have seats (and a lot of them) in Bay 317......will be packaged up with a pre game function at the Caxton......should be a great day...especially if we rain on Lockyers parade!!

Oh, it does look like it's on the Sunday, and at the special time of 4:00pm.
Whereas There appears to be no confirmation on nrl.com nor foxsports.com.au websites, the ticketek site currently lists:

"Ticket pricing at:
Sun 4 Sep 2011 4:00pm - Broncos v Sea Eagles"
(pricing per seat from $11 child/$29 adult to $26 child/$52 adult)

That looks like the NRL has indeed scheduled it for a 4:00pm kickoff, I can't recall offhand the last time this type of special reschedule happened.

ANY reschedule of a (presumably) 3:00pm game to 4:00pm and thus the broadcaster likely broadcasting it live and not delayed is bloody fantastic, especially if our Maroon & White boys are in the match.

Lockyer is a legend, deserves to be ranked among the best of all time, love to see him in the Green & Gold jersey, but whilst he probably should be at least considered for NRL Immortality I just can't seem to fully rate him as such cuz he's caused the NSW Blues so much heartache.
He's a pretty good guy though, so good on him.

The Broncos will be massively fired up for this match and any team has a tough ask at Lang Park against them, especially with the kind of form we have seen them show some games this season.
Our boys can do it though, I'm loving our team and man it would be so super sweet if we beat them in this game up there!

What kind of ladder ranking incentive each team has for a victory will be seen much closer to the round...

ssar said:
ANY reschedule of a (presumably) 3:00pm game to 4:00pm and thus the broadcaster likely broadcasting it live and not delayed is bloody fantastic, especially if our Maroon & White boys are in the match.

ssar I believe there still is a 3pm game on the sunday with this timeslot being moved from Monday night due to finals being the following week.

Brewski said:
ssar said:

ssar I believe there still is a 3pm game on the sunday with this timeslot being moved from Monday night due to finals being the following week.

The "Monday" game is normally moved to 7pm Sunday in the last week of the regular rounds, so I agree that it appears the 3pm game is being moved to 4pm.

We will have to wait until the schedule comes out to know for sure.

NRL confirm Round 26 match schedule
Written by: National Rugby League
Aug 8, 2011 4:16pm

Friday 2 September, 2011
Knights Vs Rabbitohs Ausgrid Stadium 7.35pm (Ch 9)
Dragons Vs Panthers WIN Stadium 7.35pm (Ch 9)

Saturday 3 September, 2011
Warriors Vs Cowboys Mt Smart Stadium 7.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)(5.30pm Syd)
Sharks Vs Wests Tigers Toyota Stadium 7.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
Titans Vs Eels Skilled Park 7.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)

Sunday 4 September, 2011
Bulldogs Vs Raiders ANZ Stadium 2.00pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
Broncos Vs Sea Eagles Suncorp Stadium 4.00pm (Ch 9)
Roosters Vs Storm Sydney Football Stadium 7.00pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21760

Brookie4eva said:
Brewski said:
ssar said:

The "Monday" game is normally moved to 7pm Sunday in the last week of the regular rounds, so I agree that it appears the 3pm game is being moved to 4pm.

We will have to wait until the schedule comes out to know for sure.

True. My bad

If we can win this game we will feel bulletproof! It will certainly give DCE et al some experience of what major media coverage and intensity feel like.

for mine, Lockyer was/is a great player over a long career. He could be an immortal down the track and I don't think you could really argue with that. But wally, johns and probably sterlo and kenny would have to go in as well if he goes into the pantheon. and we'll need some more pigs also: I nominate ray price (I know, it hurts me too), brad clyde, and the Beaver.
inevitably it will be a less exclusive club...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2