Round 23 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This one is a real puzzle , Noughts at home against the Worriers.

I've gone for the NZeders but no KHurrell...

Mullen back for Newcastle and really, ANYTHING could happen in this one!

Yep, and not a bad game so far.

14-10 to the Noughts, and anyone's W still.

Edit: 20-14 to Newcastle now, and I want to say...

The acrobatic tries many wingers are producing these days are incredible!

Three in this game alone; and virtually worth the price of admission on their own!

torana355 said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Good win by the Premiers...slowly slowl

Yes a good win but the Tigers, Titans and Dragons are all bottom 8 teams. Your game against the Warriors next week will be a better guide to the Roosters actual form.

Very true Torana..I keep saying in the chookpen not to get to excited about beating a team full off reserve and in turmoil but some of them are in lala land thinking we're back. I'd say we did what we had to do and that was dominate the game. Last two times we played teams in turmoil was Cronulla and the knaughts and we lost. I'm happy but we need to get over the worriers, storm and Vermin. We seem to have a good record at Smart stadium but I think we lost the last one.

I thought today's game, Noughts/Worriers, was a pretty good game of footy.

(Certainly better than the ref's ruining our game).

Made me wonder why they haven't been able to win more games this year.

I know Newcastle have had injuries, but so have every club.

With NZ very close to a finals-berth, it's very much a case of what might have been for Newcastle.

Couple of points so far from this weekend.

IMO it was a fair try to the Knights today when they went down the blind side from a scrum and scored an 80m try. Where is the ref supposed to go? Even McFadden acknowledged that point.

Just on the 40/20 kick from Friday night and the decision to hold up the play and not allow Sandow's try. If you watch the replay, Sandow didn't even take a quick tap. When he got the ball he simply ran to the spot and then continued running, didn't even pause and the ball went nowhere near his feet. So regardless of the BS surrounding the rule, if the Eels had scored it would have been from a quick tap where no tap was taken. And as for Brad Arthur saying his player passed it to Sandow from the touch line, the same replay shows him 2m infield, so its a moot point.

Besides that, Parramatta are a one trick pony. If Hayne has a quiet game then they are hopeless, even with a try scoring Semi.

Ricky Stuart has now found another excuse. The Raiders have no rep players. What next?

Souffs are playing very good football right now, of that I won't argue. But the reality is that they are being allowed to get away with murder by the pinkos which is greatly helping their cause.

Peter Sterling said before Friday nights game when talking about the chicken wing that players need to be on notice not to do it. I notice though that with the Souffs love fest at Nein in full swing, not one mention was made that it is the Vermin who are the ones doing the chicken wings, just that every player in the NRL should be on notice. Obviously the Nein team is under instructions not to criticise the Vermin.

One last point, if its true that a ground official at ANZ verbally abused the ball boy over the 40/20 incident and blamed the kid for Parramatta losing the game (and apparently there were witnesses from both the Scumdogs and Eels who heard him), he should seriously be looking for another job. That's disgraceful.

HoldenV8 said:
Couple of points so far from this weekend.

IMO it was a fair try to the Knights today when they went down the blind side from a scrum and scored an 80m try. Where is the ref supposed to go? Even McFadden acknowledged that point.

Just on the 40/20 kick from Friday night and the decision to hold up the play and not allow Sandow's try. If you watch the replay, Sandow didn't even take a quick tap. When he got the ball he simply ran to the spot and then continued running, didn't even pause and the ball went nowhere near his feet. So regardless of the BS surrounding the rule, if the Eels had scored it would have been from a quick tap where no tap was taken. And as for Brad Arthur saying his player passed it to Sandow from the touch line, the same replay shows him 2m infield, so its a moot point.

Besides that, Parramatta are a one trick pony. If Hayne has a quiet game then they are hopeless, even with a try scoring Semi.

Ricky Stuart has now found another excuse. The Raiders have no rep players. What next?

Souffs are playing very good football right now, of that I won't argue. But the reality is that they are being allowed to get away with murder by the pinkos which is greatly helping their cause.

Peter Sterling said before Friday nights game when talking about the chicken wing that players need to be on notice not to do it. I notice though that with the Souffs love fest at Nein in full swing, not one mention was made that it is the Vermin who are the ones doing the chicken wings, just that every player in the NRL should be on notice. Obviously the Nein team is under instructions not to criticise the Vermin.

One last point, if its true that a ground official at ANZ verbally abused the ball boy over the 40/20 incident and blamed the kid for Parramatta losing the game (and apparently there were witnesses from both the Scumdogs and Eels who heard him), he should seriously be looking for another job. That's disgraceful.

From the last i hear, Souths are 61 penalties ahead of us. They are the least penalised side...don't know how when you got grubs like Burgearse, Teo, and luke...I don't like the conspiracy talk but I see things they do and go unpunished yet when one of our players do it, the referees blow the pea out of the whistle> I also noticed that whenever the vermin fans start booing whingeing about something, the refs are so quick to give them a penalty. Wish we had that much impact. Perhaps the refs are scared to walk to their cars when they officiate souths... :D

So I'm 5 from 7 tipping this week.

What's the view on game 8 tonight, folks?

The Riff at home, or the Cows (who are finally winning away from home)?

I've plumped for the Cows, but can change it (if necessary before kick-off).

I just feel the wheels are gettin' shaky for the Panthers, especially with their share of important injuries.

As said, could still be the game of the round.

My tip is that the crowd will be a record low.
So far this season Easts have drawn the two lowest crowds, V Titans at home, then V Tigers away.
And they claim the Manly supporters don;t travel.

To be fair @"The Who" the Riff supporters have gotten on board Uncle Gus' newest gravy-train out west.

I'd reckon they'll get an OK crowd; although the Monday night game (in the working week) doesn't do most any favours.

Still not sure who'll win though.

RiverEagle said:
To be fair @"The Who" the Riff supporters have gotten on board Uncle Gus' newest gravy-train out west.

I'd reckon they'll get an OK crowd; although the Monday night game (in the working week) doesn't do most any favours.

Still not sure who'll win though.

I'm basing my prediction on (a) Monday night football, (b) no travelling fans and (c) the fact that is will be bucketing down tonight. Anyone who goes out tonight in such bad weather should be let if free.

5-1 penalty count to the Riff. Why can't refs keep the whistles in their pockets?

I swear Thurston dropped the ball cold just before the penalty that lead to their last try. He was tackled and stood up to play it and dropped it. It bounced back up into his hands. He even pushed the ball out in a gesture of resignation before he realised nobody had seen anything so he went ahead and played it. I could be getting old and senile, but would love to see a replay.

Good game of footy so far.

(I didn't change my tip, so still on the Cows).

I also give credit to Soward...He has surprised me and is going well at his new club.

(Uncle Gus knows how to massage egos!)

dowdz said:
5-1 penalty count to the Riff. Why can't refs keep the whistles in their pockets?

Coz Thurston is gobby and is always complaining about the refs and not getting a fair go. Wind the refs us and you become fodder ( except for the storm).

I'm not sure that I would be critical of ref's blowing the whistle too much. I think it depends on the context. What I'd like to see is a clear statement about what is and isn't acceptable right from the start of the game and then just be consistent. If a team continues to ignore those set boundaries then absolutely I want a ref to blow it. I get more frustrated by inconsistency then anything else.

HK_Eagle said:
I'm not sure that I would be critical of ref's blowing the whistle too much. I think it depends on the context. What I'd like to see is a clear statement about what is and isn't acceptable right from the start of the game and then just be consistent. If a team continues to ignore those set boundaries then absolutely I want a ref to blow it. I get more frustrated by inconsistency then anything else.

They are consistently non consistent.
:)

Jerry1 said:
HK_Eagle said:

They are consistently non consistent.
:)

Inconsistently consistent.

So Monday night continues to be a massive crowd puller. 7000 tonight 6000 last week. Fair dinkum get rid of it. It's just embarrassing. This is a battle for a top 4 spot and look at it. Pitiful. But apparently Manly is the only club you can criticise the crowd figures.

mickqld said:
So Monday night continues to be a massive crowd puller. 7000 tonight 6000 last week. Fair dinkum get rid of it. It's just embarrassing. This is a battle for a top 4 spot and look at it. Pitiful. But apparently Manly is the only club you can criticise the crowd figures.

Bet if it was at Brookvale and it was the same crowd you'd have a headline in the Tele " Manly in Crises now even the fans don't care "

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8