Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 21, 2022 Cross Forum Footy Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
1899.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Pete - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 11, 2008
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Poor effort from Bullemor in defence, he gave Dylan Brown far too much space on the outside and despite his outside man turning into shepard Brown in-field he still couldn't lay a hand on him.

[/st_td_row][st_td]The Boss - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 15, 2016
Who would of thought when us and Parra were equal points on the ladder and we smashed them at home 2 weeks ago to go ahead of them that the now be on top of us. Especially when we played Tigers and they played Penrith. I thought we were a top 4 lock now seems very hard.
Eels at their best are only team that can stop Panthers going back to back.

2290.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]theshed - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 27, 2010
Who would of thought when us and Parra were equal points on the ladder and we smashed them at home 2 weeks ago to go ahead of them that the now be on top of us. Especially when we played Tigers and they played Penrith. I thought we were a top 4 lock now seems very hard.
Eels at their best are only team that can stop Panthers going back to back.
With all these injuries and suspensions I haven’t lost hope I’m going a Bradbury

[/st_td_row][st_td]The Boss - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 15, 2016
With all these injuries and suspensions I haven’t lost hope in going a Bradbury
Your right who knows in 2 weeks we can be 4th and Parra 7th so hard to predict now.

9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016

You can compete shoulder to shoulder... you cant just pull them back, because they're in your way.

Jonah got his body in front of him so he won the contest

Agree, play it normal speed and you can see Harpers momentum is slowed preventing him from getting to the ball first.
Penalty try everyday of the week.

10074.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Galah - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 28, 2019
1959.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]StuBoot - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 22, 2010

Agree, play it normal speed and you can see Harpers momentum is slowed preventing him from getting to the ball first.
Penalty try everyday of the week.

It was a try, take away the fact it was a penalty try, it was just and actual try with grounding…

I hate this comp, the agendas are just screaming right now.it’s so blatantly obvious.

8215.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Morkel - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2013
OUTRAGE POST 1/3

I accepted Carrigan's ban knowing that it caused a legitimately serious injury, and that the NRL wanted to draw a line in the sand. It wasn't a typically defined hip drop, there were extenuating circumstances. However it was a situation where the tackler either deliberately or inadvertently dragged downward on the player and caused their leg(s) to be trapped under the tackler's weight. It was supposed to be a warning that ANY tackle like this would end up with a long suspension, regardless of any injuries that result from it, due to the potential of serious injury.

If Brandon Smith's tackle does not at the very least end up in a 4 week suspension then I'm going to be even more disillusioned with the NRL. I can accept a crackdown on one of our players for a legitimate safety reason. I can not accept our player being made an example of and then going lenient on subsequent similar or worse incidents.

Here's where we see how much the media really does control the narrative, and how much direct or indirect influence they have over the NRL's decision makers. Smith is a media darling and is a favourite of the regular NSWRL ex-players who are prominent in the media.

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png

8215.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Morkel - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2013
OUTRAGE POST 2/3

I don't watch as many games as I would like and half the time, even the games I watch are with my phone sitting on the desk while I'm working. So there are a lot of things I miss that are probably commonplace. However, I finally got a chance to watch a fair portion of the Eels / Sea Eagles game uninterrupted and with full attention.

I can't recall EVER seeing a direct overhead shot from Spider Cam. I've seen ones elevated from an in-front or behind position, but not one that is directly overhead looking straight down. They showed one last night when Lane made the late offload and it was (correctly) called back as forward.

Are you telling me that this has been a readily available view all this time? It makes sense, why have the ****ing thing up there if you couldn't utilise it properly? However how is this NOT being regularly used to adjudicate decisions? Or is it? I'm not talking about forward passes specifically, but are the bunker already using these shots to determine on-side from kicks etc? They always seem to have "cleared" the on-side before any normal inspective replays are played, so maybe they ARE using it.

But surely, even with there being grey areas with forward passes, this has to be the best view to make a call. I don't believe the "bunker can't rule on forward passes" bull**** with their explanation being momentum and that ****, because you can certainly judge momentum and "out of the hands" with the overhead shot. With so many decisions, often game-defining, being decided by questionable passes, it seems insane it's not being utilised.

The ONLY reason I can see it not being an official tool is that I assume the Spider Cams are only installed at the bigger grounds, it wouldn't be viable for the smaller grounds, so it wouldn't be fair to utilise it only at games where it's available.

Signature_Morkel.png

1947.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Scorchie - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 16, 2008
He was given a fine, @Morkel ;-(

8972.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]GKDonkey - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 28, 2016
**** sake... is anyone even defending on Lane... hes carving them whenever he runs with any intent
You can't stop a player of lanes quality though

8215.jpg
OUTRAGE POST 3/3

Have the media decided that they no longer want us as a contender this year? This one is definitely tin-foil hat. But tying in with the above, how many obviously forward passes are let go every game? Very frequently we'll see them in try-scoring situations, especially with a flat pass close to the line.

So why did The Roar single out Corey Oates' try as an "OMG how was this not called" forward pass clickbait video? There would have been way more questionable ones every weekend, in fact there were some against us in that very game that were way more suspect, yet it's us that being made to appear that we are getting away with tries that shouldn't be allowed?

Is it because we beat the Eels? We have been poor in the last couple of games, and some of our players have been absolutely shocking, it's not like the NRL are forcing Niu to be dumb. But with how easy it is to manipulate games, are we being allowed to compete on an even playing field?

Signature_Morkel.png

8215.jpg
Please tell me I'm not the only one that is absolutely furious with this?

Carrigan was made an example of to stamp this out of the game. It wasn't about the injury caused, it was about the potential to cause injury if it isn't stamped out of the game. That's why we grudgingly accepted the over-the-top ban, right?

Signature_Morkel.png

10074.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Galah - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 28, 2019
I’m now 100% taking my tinfoil hat off and am fully convinced the comp is corrupt.

1809.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Fozz - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 4, 2008
Please tell me I'm not the only one that is absolutely furious with this?

Carrigan was made an example of to stamp this out of the game. It wasn't about the injury caused, it was about the potential to cause injury if it isn't stamped out of the game. That's why we grudgingly accepted the over-the-top ban, right?

I've gone past anger and now I'm accepting that the NRL is absolute clown college of ****wits.

How can they go from demanding 6 weeks for a Pat Carrigan to a fine for Brandon Smith? They can't even be consistent in charging players in the same week (see Tatola's tackle on Kennedy) so why they be consistent when it's more than 7 days.

8215.jpg
I’m now 100% taking my tinfoil hat off and am fully convinced the comp is corrupt.

Tinfoil hats off for all of us.

We no longer need to hide our conspiratorial brainwaves from the NRL's evil mindreading department. We want them to know that we know.

Let them read our thoughts hard.

p066ss4c.jpg

Signature_Morkel.png

8298.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Waynesaurus - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 3, 2013
Wow............so surprising............the serial offending idiot from a darling club gets off with a pat on the bum.

I've just about had a gutful of the NRL, I'm reaching boycott stage if I'm honest.

The Broncos need to stand up, its all fine and great to be the noble, cop it on the chin club but FMD the NRL farkers aren't even trying to hide the bias anymore.

Biggest farken club in the comp and they let the friggin NRL walk all over them.

1769.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Foordy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 3, 2008

took you this long to figure that out

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4