Round 2 Preview

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Dogs (1.55) Vs Tigers (2.30)

The battle of the premiers of 2004 and 2005. Round 2 has some of the unknown removed however its still very early in the season. Canterbury went down to Penrith last week in a close one that they were expected to win. The loss of Anasta appears to have hurt them – as expected. How long until their halves settle again? Can their pack out muscle the tigers who had a first up win? Round on was more devastating for the tigers than most would think. With Benji injured again and out for 6 weeks and Fulton gone for the season the 2 points was the only saving grace. Benji’s loss will really hurt as they are half the team without him and will struggle to win a game until he is back

Tip: Bulldogs – No Benji = no win

Eels (1.45) Vs Warriors (2.60)

Two first round losers do battle at Parramatta this week. The Eels were slow out of the blocks and beaten by the best player in the game last week but you cannot deny that they have strength all over the park and were last years premiers. Without the sidetracking of the coach swap this week they should be more focused and hungry for the win. The warriors last week went down in a close one at home against the storm. They did well to put the salary cap dramas behind them and play some football but one feels it was always there niggling and shall remain until they reach 0 points on the table. Its hard to see them closing the gap this week

Tip: Eels – Just too strong across the park and playing at home.

Sharks (1.80) Vs Broncos (1.93)

The Sharks started the season with a bye last week. Will they be underdone? How will the new combinations work? Again the unknowns are the biggest factor in tipping this one. The Broncos started off at home and were the worst team in round 1 having been slaughtered by a cowboys outfit on fire. Their ruck defence was abysmal and that being nice. If they haven’t addressed this issue they are likely to go down again. One saving grace is that they will be playing in Sydney under conditions that will be far cooler that last week. This will be to their advantage. They should be better for the run and be 1 week ahead in match fitness compared to the sharks.

Tip: Broncos old heads to play well and get them over the line in a close one.

Cowboys (1.35) Vs Sea Eagles (3.00)

The best team from round 1 comes up against one of the worst performers from round 1. The Cowboys came out and ran the broncos ragged last week, exploiting some very poor ruck defence. They had the game in the bag at half time. This week they are at home for the first time. Manly are right up against it this week. Travelling to north Queensland is as hard as it gets, add to this a sub par performance in round 1 and playing far later than they are used to and even the optimistic have to think the cowboys are specials. Manly have gone from shortest odds in round 1 to longest odds in round 2. The only chance they have is if their forward pack gets a rocket up them and finally show some serious balls.

Tip: Cowboys to win – close at half time but a few defensive lapses lets the score blow out to 20+

Roosters (1.50) Vs Storm (2.45)

The Roosters got up last week after being down 18 – 4 at half time. It took an illegal shoulder charge from Morely on Walker to change the game and as such this week they will be without the British enforcer. The new recruits played well and started to get something happening in the halves. The storm cracked a first up win again the lowly tipped warriors over in New Zealand and should be happy with that. Greg Inglis proved that he will be a great replacement for Steve Bell coming up with some 4 pointers for his team. This week they have a far tougher ask against Ricky’s boys in their second game on the road in a row.

Tip: Roosters will be too strong

Dragons (1.45) Vs Panthers (2.60)

In true Dragons style they came away without the points in round 1 yet again. It appears it will be another slow start to the season for the red and whites. The Panthers played a solid game and came up with the goods against the dogs. They have shown that they are settled and the boys up front are ready to match it with anyone. Gower was impressive and will look to continue his form, seems the off season dramas have helped him focus on his football.

Tip: Panthers to repeat last weeks performance

Raiders (2.30) Vs Knights (1.55)

The Raiders were the biggest surprise in round 1. They played with some unknowns and had a match game strategy that mesmerised the Manly defence. Smith went off for most of the second half to give Carney some experience out in the middle. Elliott has set his troops up well and is doing better than anyone expected with the cattle he has. The difference between last week and this week is the half back. Orford is paid like he plays for Australia whereas Johns plays like he is playing for Australia week in week out. This week will be no different. John will weave his magic and be unstoppable. Carney scored last week in his first game in the nrl and looks to have settled in well. Don’t be surprised if he crosses the white stripe again this week.

Tip: Johns is just the best there is – Knight to win comfortably

Excellent write-up Fluff. But I don't agree with the Dogs beating the Tiges. The Tiges beat them by 50 points at the end of last year. Both sides have lost their 5/8's (no Anasta either). I still think Tiges can win.

Very early in the season to see what trends develop.

Hard round especially considering that upsets could happen.

Who gives us a chance?

I think you find no one gives us a chance, & to be honest that would be a correct assessment based upon last week.
Would a brave punter have a go for a win?

Tigers are morals with Harris on the bench.

Dragons without Barrett and Naiqama, and with Hornby still filling in for Head. I think they will struggle.

Flip,
Good on you that's the spirit, I think I'll do the same let's be positive they can only improve on their disjointed & panicky play from last week.

Too much of a form reversal from both sides would be needed for the Cowboys to lose. Unfortunately I just can't see us winning this one.

Glad you guys enjoyed the write up.

Im only expressing my opinion about the game and some factors - if i was right all the time id enter every tipping comp and be rich by now. Its good to see some footy talk discussing pros and cons.

Excellent write-up Fluff. But I don't agree with the Dogs beating the Tiges. The Tiges beat them by 50 points at the end of last year. Both sides have lost their 5/8's (no Anasta either). I still think Tiges can win.
I see Crusher joined me on being completely and utterly on the wrong side. Goldie - help me next week please!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4