Round 14 Tipping Preview

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Round 14 preview for what it’s worth.

I have been travelling all right in the tipping for the last couple of weeks, as a bit of a form line is starting to develop around a couple of the teams.

Tigers v Sharks

One trend that has emerged this season is that teams that are on the wrong end of a hiding generally turn their fortunes around the following week. Based on this, and the fact that Kimmorley is due for his 1 in 5 good games, I’m going for the Sharks. Nutley and Stevens will give them a solid enough platform, but they lack that extra option without Dykes. If the Tigers can pressure Kimmorley and rattle him at the start than they might be in with a show. Nonetheless I don’t think it will be a flogging, and I expect to see a few points scored, as is generally the case with Tigers games.

Raiders v Broncos

Had Jason Smith being playing I would have been more excited about the Raiders chances in this game, even with Schifcofske back. The Broncos are obviously without all their SOO stars, but their youngsters have all had enough of a taste of first grade not to be overawed anymore, and they all know they are expected to perform. Anyway the Broncos still have plenty of class and experience out wide with Hunt, Tate, and dare I say, Hodges. Add to this the experience of Webcke and Smith to lead the forwards around and you’d have to say the Broncos are going to be hard to toss. Betting in this game has Canberra in with more of a chance than I give them, and the Broncos –2.5 at $2.00 is a good bet IMO.

Knights v Eels

The Newcastle fans must have been hoping that this week would end the drought, only to have a dodgy Trent Barrett quadricep rob them of any hope. Matt Gidley will probably be out too which leaves them with nothing in the way of an experienced playmaker. Parra have been travelling really well lately winning 4 on the trot, and seem to be coming together as a team. Expect that the trend will continue this week and they should account for the Knights fairly easily.

Rabbits v Sea Eagles

Do we dare mention the “danger game” or “real test” chestnuts for this one. I don’t think the Bunnies will be a pushover and they showed a big improvement against the Dogs last week, thanks to the return of Harrison and a good game from Sutton. However if we are fair dinkum about being a genuine top 4 side than we need to win this one, regardless of how many players are unavailable. I’m looking forward to seeing how this Alberts character goes, and hoping that he might see some ball. Monas’ reaction to the resolution of his contractual disputes will lift some pressure, and we may even see a grubber stay in the opposition in-goal this week. Watmough and Harris will be carrying the forwards and I expect big games from both of them, especially Choc after being overlooked for SOO2. I’d love to see us smash them but I think it might be a tight, but high scoring affair. I’d be taking the over 47.5 total game points option for this one.

Warriors v Storm

Storm without Hill, Slater and Smith, lack some firepower and will rely heavily on Orford, who will be playing for his multi million $ Souths contract. I’m always nervous about tipping the Warriors, but I’m going to go for them in this one, mainly because they are at home and despite being well beaten by the Dragons they have been on the improve. If they are smart they will play big in the forwards and deny Orford the time and roll on he craves. Anyway it’ll probably pour rain and turn into a grindfest in the mud, which will benefit the Kiwis.

Dragons v Cowboys

Toughest game of the round this one. SOO duties have turned this one into a premier league match up. The Cowboys had the benefit of the bye before SOO1, while the Dragons scraped home against the Knights in a spiteful match. No doubt the Cowboys will be full of confidence after the hiding they gave the Guppies last week, but the trip to Kogarah will be no easy one. I think that Head holds the key to this one, as he is the most skilful of the 4 halves named for this game. If his pack can stay on top of Rauhihi, Tronc and Co. then he should have enough ability to get them home. However I think that the Cowboys’ pack will deliver and if Hannay plays than I think the Cowboys can win. So is it Cowboys or Dragons ?? …
** tosses coin **…………Heads. Cowboys.

Good luck all.

Nice write up.

Sharks by 12
Broncos by 16
Eels by LOTS
Sea Eagles by 6
Storm by 6
Dragons by 12

Dood one, I reckon the Dragons should get the cash in a tight one against the Cowboys, apart from that I agree with your summation

Kimmorley cemented his state of origin spot - on the side line

The sharks are on the way down, tigpies will upset a few more but will struggle to make the finals.

Could work in our favour - we could be 2nd playing 7th and it could well be a sharks outfit - much better than a dragons bunch come finals time

Well done c & c greatly appreciated.

But I dont think Orford has to worry about playing well to get his multi-million dollar contract. Everyone knows that you dont have to be good to play for souths. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4