Round 1 - Pick your 17

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Interesting... this may already be common knowledge but I was just looking for info on Fainu’s status with the club, and found out he was originally a half back. So yeah... more versatility! Bench spot! Bench spot! Bench spot! Also, he looked quite big during the trials, I reckon he’s grown up a lot in the off season. Would put him at six foot, and maybe 90kg.

He can't play this season unless through injury he is not apart of the 30man squad

1) Turbo
2) Taufua
3) Suli
4) Kelly
5) Uate
6) Hastings
7) DCE
8) Taupau
9) Api
10) AFB
11) Siro
12) Thommo
13) Jake

14) Perrett
15) Winterstein
16) Fainu
17) Tanginoa
I say swap Fainu for lane and Croker for jacko we have our side there

I think T.B. will go this way but I think I would swap Lane for Tanginoa and Brown for Hastings.

1. Turbo
2. Taufua
3. Matty Wright
4. Kelly
5. Uate
6. Croker
7. DCE
8. Taupau
9. Api
10. AFB
11.Siro
12.Thompson
13. Jake T.
RES:
14. Lewis Brown
15. Lloyd Perret
16.Winterstein
17. Lane

1 Tom T
2 Taufua
3 Parker
4 Kelly
5 Uate
6 Croker
7 DCE
8 AFB
9 Api
10 Taupau
11 Sironen
12 Thompson
13 Jake T

14 Tanganoa
15 Winterstein
16 Gosiewski
17 Perrett

This would be my 17 but I doubt Parker will get the nod and there will be a utility on t bench. I hope not on both counts. Maybe Lane on the bench for Baz too.

He can't play this season unless through injury he is not apart of the 30man squad
He can if his status changes .... I would suggest that is the reason he played so much footy in the trials .... Baz making the call whether to elevate him this year ....

From what I heard about his trial form, I would predict the ink is still wet on a new contract .....

He can if his status changes .... I would suggest that is the reason he played so much footy in the trials .... Baz making the call whether to elevate him this year ....

From what I heard about his trial form, I would predict the ink is still wet on a new contract .....

Still has to get it passed through the NRL and right now there not our best friend
Might have to wait and see I’m sure he might get a go in the squad but not sure how early on

Still has to get it passed through the NRL and right now there not our best friend
Might have to wait and see I’m sure he might get a go in the squad but not sure how early on

The amount (additional) needed to lift him up into the top 30 wouldn't be that great to be an issue.

NRL Fox
  • March 6, 2018 9:08am
  • by Nathan Ryan and Simon Brunsdon

KNIGHTS V SEA EAGLES

Friday, March 9, at McDonald Jones Stadium, 6pm (AEDT)

Knights mail: Mitch Barnett returns from injury to start at lock. Slade Griffin gets the nod as starting hooker with Danny Levi on the bench.

Sea Eagles mail: Lachlan Croker will start in the halves alongside Daly Cherry-Evans. Matt Wright is believed to have the edge on Brad Parker to fill the void for an injured Dylan Walker in the centres. Frank Winterstein lands on the bench with Joel Thompson and Curtis Sironen in the backrow.

Isn"t Fainu already signed up into 2019 for Manly and in the Manly top 30 squad for 2018 . And certainly no question , the boy can play and is a top prospect.

The amount (additional) needed to lift him up into the top 30 wouldn't be that great to be an issue.

I’d suggest TBaz would be holding those two available spots until the last possible moment, spot 29 has to be done soon, but which player is anyone’s guess.

And I’d be surprised if he wouldn’t be holding the June 30 spot for young Suli, who has 3 months to pull himself into gear to get it.

Isn"t Fainu already signed up into 2019 for Manly and in the Manly top 30 squad for 2018 . And certainly no question , the boy can play and is a top prospect.

Not shown on the clubs website as yet so I think the answer is that he’s part of the developmental group of 6 and can only play through other factors such as suspension / injury and must be approved by the NRL.

I’d suggest TBaz would be holding those two available spots until the last possible moment, spot 29 has to be done soon, but which player is anyone’s guess.

And I’d be surprised if he wouldn’t be holding the June 30 spot for young Suli, who has 3 months to pull himself into gear to get it.
All possible ... Baz has some hard decisions to make ....

if Fainu was not available, or not being considered to be made available to play FG this year, I can't see Baz wasting time trialing him .... I think he is a shoo in ...

Your thoughts on Suli are interesting ...

All possible ... Baz has some hard decisions to make ....

if Fainu was not available, or not being considered to be made available to play FG this year, I can't see Baz wasting time trialing him .... I think he is a shoo in ...

Your thoughts on Suli are interesting ...

It’s possible that Fainu and Suli might be 29/30 BUT I’d suggest one or even both might miss out and he’ll use pick 29 for someone , anyone , who might be a half back up.

Then save pick 30 to see if they can grab a mid season transfer.

I they can’t then possibly one of the above to be player 30.

Hope young Lachie is ready as I’ve read an article this morning that’s saying Newcastle sees him as the weak link and will be running a load of traffic his way on Friday.

I’d suggest the career of Lachlan might be decided in the first few games, he’ll either sink or swim!!!

No guarantee that the named 17 will run out on Friday but it seems likely. No one managed to pick the exact 17 though.

Hope young Lachie is ready as I’ve read an article this morning that’s saying Newcastle sees him as the weak link and will be running a load of traffic his way on Friday.

I’d suggest the career of Lachlan might be decided in the first few games, he’ll either sink or swim!!!
Running your attack at the rookie half is an obvious strategy. He was always going to be a target.

Lewis brown was excluded from everyone's team except Barrett's. Will someone please take the goat photos off him

Nope, I’ve constantly suggested he’d be first picked....... by the coach!

And I was correct.

PS: not that it makes me happy but I’m thinking he’s there just in case young Croker loses his bundle.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14