Round 1 Brookie Oval 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane link said:
I am looking at this (dependant on game day) for something to do with the MWTS...much like we had the farewell to season 2010 on round 26...a more budget style \"welcome to season 2011\"
Hey Mark be sure to remind me what date that would be, just so Brett and I actually make it this time!!

martin link said:
will be trekking up from Melbourne.

That makes 2 of us.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=willstyles link=topic=185576.msg299409#msg299409 date=1285757074]
[quote author=Ceagle link=topic=185576.msg299396#msg299396 date=1285756016]
Has it been confirmed that round 1 is at Brookvale?

Surely it's the least Gallop can do as a form of apology considering he clearly won't say the magic words...
[/quote]

the f**ker will prob send us to NZ, NQ or Melb
[/quote]

Melb would be good BE!! Be nice to smash to new "Reject Shop" version of the Melbourne Storm team first up down here.

Brookie4eva link said:
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=185576.msg299701#msg299701 date=1285810913]
It's so difficult for me to get to Games, i'm not sure if i will make it to any next year

I don't recall seeing you at any this year, there were rumors but no confirmed attendances.  ;)
[/quote]

I don't remember seeing you at the Dragons game Jonesy, lol, the 1st that is

No worries Kate

Jonesey fair dinkum you crack me up at times

What I'll do is arrange a fairly low budget get together, probably use the leagues club which all members of the  MWTS group will be welcome to attend AND we might even let a few Silvertails in as well!

Seriously, will just be a get together at low cost to kick the year off, but there would be a small cost no doubt to cover so food...but can't imagine more than about $15...so it would not break the bank.

The Football Club had tried (somewhat poorly) to arrange a get together for the first and last home rounds this year...I am not sure if we can work with them in anyway BUT at least you know my event will go ahead!

tractorboy link said:
[quote author=Brookie4eva link=topic=185576.msg299704#msg299704 date=1285811450]
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=185576.msg299701#msg299701 date=1285810913]
It's so difficult for me to get to Games, i'm not sure if i will make it to any next year

I don't recall seeing you at any this year, there were rumors but no confirmed attendances.   ;)
[/quote]

I don't remember seeing you at the Dragons game Jonesy, lol, the 1st that is
[/quote]

That's because he wasn't :)

Cambo link said:
hey guys arent they doing more work on brookie in the off season
would we be away from brookie for the first couple of games

Dunno Cambo but I'll keep you guys and gals posted with pics if they do start digging it up - I walk past the 'shrine' every day ;-)

Hopefully they'll be digging up the catering units and toilets and sending them where they belong - back to the 1970s haha!

Sunny Sunday in March at Brookie for Brett Stewart's triumphant return: perfect! Will be a complete sell out

Thinking out aloud...

But what if in the pre season the club hosts at Brookie a "Brett Stewart Tribute/Benefit Match" - have Manly play some sort of an All Stars invitational team.

Put Beaver & Orford in the Manly team.

Fill Brookie with 20,000 at $20 a ticket, and give half to Brett and half to a charity he wants to nominate.

And when the NRL tries to count it in the salary cap, tell them to go get f.....

Only trouble with matches before the season is that often some poor bugger gets injured and out for some time - remember the 'sevens' tournament in 2004 pre-season in which both Beaver (fractured eye socket) and Ben Walker (KO'd badly by some brute of a pommie) were put out for months?

Poor Ben Walker was never the same after being smashed onto his head by the English forward - just when we thought we had a mighty goalkicking 5/8 up our sleeves for a few seasons...

And some bloke from another club suffered the same thing earlier this year in the Indigenous vs All starts match didn't he??

Nice idea Dan D but back to ole drawing board...maybe a benefit chess match at Brookie with Stewy Beaver and Ox eh??

OK Jonesy good to hear they're sending the turf back to whence it came - badly needed in some areas and I'll post pics of the turf soon which I took before the Parra match mid year. The area between southern end 20 metre and half way is a bumpy lumpy bog as A Johns correctly described it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7