ross v white

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
fox sports news

Cant remember it but last brawl suspension was ben ross v brett white.

combined suspension of 11 weeks.looked no worse than this and didnt have the rest of the sideshow with benches involved etc.

Unfortunately Glen can start booking holiday plans for 2011.Wonder where he went in 2010.

Unbelieveable how this has happened.A real shame.

Didn't White elbow Ross and knock him out ? Round 2 2008 I think and Perry had knocked Ross out in round 1

not sure kiwi.they just showed white and ross punching on in the footage and were using it a precedent probably because there had been a prior incident in the game like this as you suggested.was a fair blue by the look of it.I cant remember it myself but i doubt it had this much fanfare about it.

on the face of it though it aint good news.

From memory it was just a stand up 1 on 1 fight between the 2, White threw one that missed but followed through with the elbow, it was a lot uglier than Blair v Stewart with the extra bits thrown in

Not comparable. A late deliberate forearm to the head of a kicker. Several punches to the head of an opponent.

Major difference. They all connected. They all did damage. They were all dangerous. At Brookie, air-swings were the order of the day. The only shot of force that connected was Blair's uppercut.

Had a look at the whole thing and agree they were far more malicious and deserved of punishment but a few things will raise the status of this bull**** beat up.

1.The second fight happened outside normal play with 2 players in the bin which gives the evil Gallop the ability to draw his joker from the pack(contrary conduct,game into disrepute etc).Only once have I seen a sin bin fight(1985) but I may be wrong.The involvement of the Storm bench will also give them ammo to up the ante of the whole fiasco.

2.Due to the position of the teams on the field,the early arrival of 5 Manly players on one Storm player has contrived a situation which looks terrible but in effect means nothing.This will allow the evil Gallop to further raise the stakes.

3.In these days of saturation media the Good Ship Hadlee can set sail and drive outrage giving the evil Gallop plenty of public support,which he would absolutely love as otherwise the outrageous penalties he will impose would have seemed like bias due to the Stewart fued.Remember both sides are universally despised by other supporters and stiff penalties will be accepted with glee.

I have no doubt this will be a disgraceful carve up of epic proportions.I expect the following punishments(and wholeheartedly deisagree with every one of them)

Stewart and Blair-gone or GF at best
B.Stewart 2 weeks
Lussick 2 weeks
Waqar 2 weeks
Foran,Robbo,Choc 1 week or a fine or both

50k fine for both clubs

Glen Stewart has had a tough couple of years but should be reprimanded by our board.2 years in a row is not acceptable and as much as we all know this is a beat up and he is a manly champion in these nanny state days he should have known better given last years suspension.The first fight is fine,the second was outright silly.Unlike others I think the evidence is in that this whole Brett Stewart fiasco caused by Gallop and an obliging media has had a terrible impact on our club and antyone who thinks this latest instalment will have the effect of bringing the club together should just look at the events in 09/10.If we lose Glen and Brett for the semis we will not win the title and it is a f...ing disgrace if the evil Gallop allows it to happen.

Here is one from a test match which resulted in nothing more than a penalty. Interesting comments from Gould at the end of the clip about how to fight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFUe4ZlQfXk

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4