Rorting of the Cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Players coming here 'on loan' seems very smelly to me.  Why would Bradford pay the wages of someone playing out here?  Odd.  I suppose I'll have to write to Shoeboot and ask him to take a look. 

"However, while the Brisbane third-party deals were at arm's length from the club, the NRL believes Inglis's Rabbitohs sponsorships have been effectively guaranteed by Souths. Which raises the question why didn't the Broncos deals follow Inglis to Redfern?"
So what Souths have to do is come up with a name akin to the Thouroughbreds at the Broncos, put all the third party dealers under one umbrella...let's call them "the golden hare's"...and then you're seen as being at arms length from the club. The NRL are digging a hole for themselves faster than a John Deere backhoe! :mad:

DSM5 link said:
Players coming here 'on loan' seems very smelly to me.  Why would Bradford pay the wages of someone playing out here?  Odd.  I suppose I'll have to write to Shoeboot and ask him to take a look. 

Player development, spend a few seasons over here to toughen them up

WESTIE link said:
well , seeing as everyone team is on the same salary cap , isn't it then, who has the best third party arrangements ,wins ?
Precisely.

And which is one more reason why a second Brisbane team to compete with the News Ltd owned Broncos for Brisbane 3rd party sponsors will not get up while News Ltd appointee Gallop is in charge? And we'll have further expansion in the Sydney region - of all places - instead?

Rex link said:
[quote author=WESTIE link=topic=186077.msg308774#msg308774 date=1291621833]
well , seeing as everyone team is on the same salary cap , isn't it then, who has the best third party arrangements ,wins ?
Precisely.

And which is one more reason why a second Brisbane team to compete with the News Ltd owned Broncos for Brisbane 3rd party sponsors will not get up while News Ltd appointee Gallop is in charge? And we'll have further expansion in the Sydney region - of all places - instead?
[/quote]

Not precisely, there are limits on 3rd party deals that the club can register, so in effect they extend the cap, but only to an extent. 3rd Party deals are not unlimited.

As to the Brisbane issue, I agree, a second team in Brisbane is a priority, it will even the playing field and give the NRL a game in the second biggest NRL TV market every week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6