Roosters v Manly [Round 4 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeh not much plan b from the Roosters tonight. Kick for Tupou....brilliant.

I really do believe tonights penalty count was a square up for the Grand Final...which is pathetic. Yes they should have been badly penalized, but I remember last year we were on the wrong end of penalty counts against the Roosters despite them being the most penalized team in the comp.

Well done boys, that was superb, again plenty of heart.

Congratulations Manly, that was one hell of a match, similiar to the first finals match last year.

Absoultely outstanding defensive efforts from both sides. It is a clear indicator that these two sides will be close again come finals.

An 11-2 penalty count will always help. My personal favourite was when Friend ran into two offside markers who had their arms in the air and Cummins still called held.

I was almost mad before i realised we won the Grand Final last year (lol).

Early days, proud to be a Roosters fan, see you all at Brooky!

Well thanks to the retards at NBN northern rivers only getting to watch it now. Sounds like the boys dug deep defensively tonight. Well done Manly very proud Sea Eagle tonight.

Premiers said:
Congratulations Manly, that was one hell of a match, similiar to the first finals match last year.

Absoultely outstanding defensive efforts from both sides. It is a clear indicator that these two sides will be close again come finals.

An 11-2 penalty count will always help. My personal favourite was when Friend ran into two offside markers who had their arms in the air and Cummins still called held.

It's funny how the most penalised team in the comp didn't concede a penalty for the last 65 minutes in the GF... Bet you weren't complaining about that???
Not to mention the gridiron pass that won you the game..

Go Manly,

Gutsy win. We played well in defense and i think Hiku deserves a big shout out.

Maria should been sent off, that was a shocker. He will be spending a while of the sidelines you would think. Hope gift is ok.

So proud to be a manly supporter :)

Premiers said:

Yep you are lucky, we got the bad calls in the GF and you would not have won it otherwise. Happy to be on the good side of the penalty count for once. I think the Roosters are in for a long year if they keep deliberately giving away penalties.

Watch the roosters fall to pieces if their penalty count goes down. Their wrestle in the ruck is the basis of their dominance. Meat and potato halves like Pearce and Maloney need their pack to dominate the ruck.

the mauler said:
Premiers said:

It's funny how the most penalised team in the comp didn't concede a penalty for the last 65 minutes in the GF... Bet you weren't complaining about that???

Ballin was the marker who had his hands up. The second marker was square and made the tackle. Friend ran into Ballin who made no attempt to touch him. If that is your biggest complaint about the ref they had a good game. One word for Manly's performance -DISCIPLINED.

torana355 said:
Premiers said:

Yep you are lucky, we got the bad calls in the GF and you would not have won it otherwise. Happy to be on the good side of the penalty count for once. I think the Roosters are in for a long year if they keep deliberately giving away penalties.

We may have got lucky in the GF, but i would rather get lucky in the GF then get caned in a regular season fixture, and so would you.

Like i said, i am extremely proud of my team tonight, an awesome effort in defence like that shows that we won't fall apart this season, because a brilliant defence backed with field position means points. (See Parramatta and Brisbane games).

Still, well done Manly.

rosco said:
the mauler said:
Premiers said:

Ballin was the marker who had his hands up. The second marker was square and made the tackle. Friend ran into Ballin who made no attempt to touch him. If that is your biggest complaint about the ref they had a good game. One word for Manly's performance -DISCIPLINED.

One thing i will say, Manly struggled to put the game away on the back of 11 penalties. Against any team other than the Roosters, and they are usually the one on the wrong end of the count. This is why i think your mob won't be able to win a premiership (unless it's against Souths, who choke). Because in finals matches, the refs tend to put the whistle away, and when they come up against defensive teams, they will struggle to score points.

@Premiers Grand final is old news, stop prattling on about it. Chooks are in for a tough year, haha, Maria should get 5-7 for that effort, repeat offender.

Any news on Gift, looked pretty bad?

Brissie Kid said:
Hope this link works. Manly post game press conference Toovey & Lyon.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=manly-press-conference_1226868113333&vc=-1
Thanks BK the link works :)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8