Roosters trial,a waste of $15

easystreet

Reserve Grader
The game tonight certainly wasnt worth the hour in the car and the $15 at the gate.Aside from the rain in the second half,it was pretty disheartening to see the first grade team that Manly put on the paddock,especially in the first half.While the Roosters played most of their stars,Manly were only left with a few,who came on in the second half.
Besides that,the performance was pretty poor,but i guess its only a trial game,so no harm-no foul.
Lets hope they put out a full strength side next week against the premiers.

far from our full strength side, we had JP Cherry starting!!! while it was not much fun it was still good to get a look at the new players. next week they will probably take it more seriously.

Garts, was there any early indication about the positions, like 5/8 or hooker etc or was this trial more of a mix n match, this goes with that, affair ?

Ballin played the majority of the game at Hooker, Monas only played there for the last Qtr from memory. Burns played 5/8 when he was on, he played 3/4 of the game and Monas played 5/8 for the qtr after halftime.

They are the main positions that are undecided, the rest of the team pretty much chooses itself. Well apart from the Bench!!!!

if Burns does not work out at 5/8 and they put Monas there it might mean Ballin will be the starting Hooker. I like the looks of this guy, seems to have all the skills required.

Very Disapointing as you Said to drive up there and virtually watch 40 mins of 1/2 of First grade

Negatives

Matai is not NRL Standard and never will be
Kane Cleal same stupid Penalties again !
Sorry Folks Witt is not the Answer at 5/8

Positives

Matt Orford was good without being outstanding
Bell Looks the Goods
Kite went well
George Rose undecided
Matt Ballin very impressed looks sharp at #9
Michael Robertson liked the Look of him scored a Good try
Steppa played well also

I know its only our first Trial but I am concerned about the Front Row depth

Note
Kennedy
Menzies
Hicks
G Stewart
B Stewart
Dunley
Tutt

didnt play

Best On Field Tonight ........................Monaghan excellent Defence with some try saving tackles , cleaned up a few kicks

How did Sean Meaney play?

IMO, full strength against the Tigers should look like this......

1. Stewart
2. Steppa
3. Bell
4. Alberts
5. Hicks
6. Monaghan
7. Orford
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Menzies
12. Watmough
13. Kennedy

14. Cuthbertson
15. Dunley
16. Leuluai
17. Rose
18. Bryant
19. Burns

Very Disapointing as you Said to drive up there and virtually watch 40 mins of 1/2 of First grade

Negatives

Matai is not NRL Standard and never will be
Kane Cleal same stupid Penalties again !
Sorry Folks Witt is not the Answer at 5/8

Positives

Matt Orford was good without being outstanding
Bell Looks the Goods
Kite went well
George Rose undecided
Matt Ballin very impressed looks sharp at #9
Michael Robertson liked the Look of him scored a Good try
Steppa played well also

I know its only our first Trial but I am concerned about the Front Row depth

Note
Kennedy
Menzies
Hicks
G Stewart
B Stewart
Dunley
Tutt

didnt play

Best On Field Tonight ........................Monaghan excellent Defence with some try saving tackles , cleaned up a few kicks

Thanks for that sum up Stevie,
so You Think Monas should be 5/8th and then they maybe should start with Balin at hooker ?

I agree guys - Cuthbo and Ballin should be inclusions for SURE. I will post a new YART.

Stevie, Ive been bamboozled about Mattai for quite a while, why do we keep signing small slow centres mcdougalls etc

look at saints gasniers, tahus, etc bell is great, ash alberts can do things mattais only attacking weapon that little right step jink that i know he is going 2 do, if he plays kiss goodnight to any attack his side

Wells plays 5/8, 2nd rower, and lock. Could HE play centre. He seemed pretty quick, and he'd be as tall as Matt king !!!

Kane Cleal a complete waste of time. He got run over the top of on more than one occassion and look at the size of him.

I thought the attack would be rusty with so many new combinations but no excuse for the pathetic defence. That was our problem last season, we can't hold teams out once we are defending on our line. We can score points we all know that let's hope our defence gets better or we will be losing games 38-28.

As for Orford his kicking game was a bit off but you can tell the guy is class and when his kicking is on he will be a massive boast to the side.

I guess Kennedy was rested after the Aus tour but what about Menzies?

PS. A waste of $15 you say...are you joking....did you see the amount of young talent around... for God's sake give the Central Coast a team so we can go up there every year for a massive optic.

PPS. Not happy I couldn't take my Subway in the ground....what the hell is going on with that malarkey ?!?!?

It was good to be there It was dissapointing though and Mattai really does look way outclassed. Same for Cleal I guess.

Orford, Bell, Monas and Kite played well.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2