Roosters & the Anzac day cup game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Every year we have Dragons v Roosters for the Anzac day cup game
having the Roosters representing the Anzacs is a disgrace with their off-field incidents that they seem to have constantly, I know we have had our boys n the bad press stakes, But I think the chooks are well ahead of the field with f..kwit players in bringing the game down
why cant the Anzac game shared around, I would love to see Manly v Souths or Bulldogs or Parra or Melb or Dragons on That day

The roosters and dragons deserve to have the game, they are the ones that came up with the idea and good luck to them

Warriors and storm now play every year on Anzac day as well

So all we have to do is think of a game that must be played on a Friday night........

I'm thinking Manly Warringah vs Wests Tigers and really amp up the Silvertails vs Fibros thing

No prizes for 2nd best.

They got ANZAC day, Sharks got the members jerseys. Good on them.
We shouldn't be dirty on them or try to copy them. The only value is in coming up with your own ideas.

If we come up with a good idea for a valid reason, I'm sure the powers that be will support it. Don't begrudge other peoples originality, it draws us down to their level.

Remember, we're Manly, we're better people.

That is a pretty good idea. Having a heap of players mums there would be an opportunity for a whole week of positive publicity.

Otherwise something for another public holiday weekend? Would have to be Queens birthday I suppose.

I actually think Melbourne has a real anzac day game on today. The way it should work is who ever plays the warriors (or if a new nz team joins have one of them in aus and one in nz) on this weekend should play for the anzac day cup.

Though the idea of ANZAC is that we are on the same side as the Kiwis not belting the crap out of each other!

I've got no problems with the Roosters and Steelers playing the game every year. Collingwood and Essendon do it in the AFL, and it's a big one every year.

Maybe we can petition the NRL to give us sole rights to Pancake Tuesday or something.

Chip and Chase said:
I've got no problems with the Roosters and Steelers playing the game every year. Collingwood and Essendon do it in the AFL, and it's a big one every year.

Maybe we can petition the NRL to give us sole rights to Pancake Tuesday or something.

Mick Malthouse has said this week that Collingwood and Essendon don't have the right to the ANZAC day game just because they've had it for years. Conceded it should be shared around.

Good for AFL, good for NRL?

That's probably because Micky is moving on and would like to be involved in the concept in the future. Anzac Day is a tradition and I have no problems with a traditional clash between two fixed opponents. That's the strange thing about traditions, they are the same every year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4