Happily, Manly sign Turbo brothers!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing that pisses me off is that when we were successful the NRL clamped down on undervalued contracts, and we lost Glenn Stewart, and with him all hope of a happy and unified squad. Kieran Foran and Brett Stewart stopped playing with passion, and we lost any real chance of competing with the top sides after 2013.

Meanwhile the Roosters sign two of the best players in the game, win a premiership, sign two state of origin players, win another premiership... the response from the NRL?
Crickets.

I will never forget (or forgive) the NRL for that. We offered Gifty $300,000 per year. A bit low in retrospect, but he was in the twilight years of his career and becoming plagued by injury. But no, the NRL reject it and say he's worth at least twice that on the open market. So, we end up losing him (almost like losing the glue that held them together).

Then just a couple of months later and right before they got done for their salary cap cheating.....somehow the NRL allow the Worms to sign Jarryd Hayne for just half a million. Now no offence to Gifty, he had been a great player and was still very very valuable, but in no way back in 2014-15 was he worth more money than Hayne who was at that stage still playing rep footy. And remember, when the Worms signed him he had been playing for the Tits on a $1.2m contract.

It smacked so much of favouritism it wasn't even funny. But as usual, the NRL's response was along the lines of "move along folks, nothing to see here".

Now, when you look at the Chooks you have to wonder how they can have a team that on Sunday night had 10 internationals in the starting line up (8 current, 2 past), two of them on $1m per year contracts, plus on the bench they had a NSW Origin rep who was another on $1m per year. With all that talent and with 3 players taking up $3m of a $9.4m salary cap.....how can they afford the team they fielded in the Grand Final let alone another 13 on top of the 17 who played??

Yet as usual.....nothing from NRL HQ. A far cry from the salary cap / TPA witch hunt the NRL conducted against Manly.

Last edited:
I will never forget (or forgive) the NRL for that. We offered Gifty $300,000 per year. A bit low in retrospect, but he was in the twilight years of his career and becoming plagued by injury. But no, the NRL reject it and say he's worth at least twice that on the open market. So, we end up losing him (almost like losing the glue that held them together).
Then just a couple of months later and in the wake of their salary cap cheating.....somehow the NRL allow the Worms to sign Jarryd Hayne for just half a million.
It smacked so much of favouritism it wasn't even funny. But as usual, the NRL's response was along the lines of "move along folks, nothing to see here".

I remember another NRL / Hayne moment when he was allowed to be signed by the titans after the june 30 deadline (I think it was) when returning from one of his dreams.

Manly then applied to be able to sign Frank Winterstein and the nrl said..no! Manly actually had to back to them and state that they had allowed the titans to do the exact same thing with Hayne, but unlike Hayne, Winterstein has a young family to support. The nrl then had little to no chance but to allow Manly to sign Frank the tank.

That's what Manly has to deal with under this "intoddgrity" from nrl HQ.

That TPA stitch up was also another level. I mean @susan called it by saying Manly wont win the appeal, I still don't know how. But I guess we have to accept a person is 'honourable' when they have QC at the end of their name.

Then just a couple of months later and right before they got done for their salary cap cheating.....somehow the NRL allow the Worms to sign Jarryd Hayne for just half a million. Now no offence to Gifty, he had been a great player and was still very very valuable, but in no way back in 2014-15 was he worth more money than Hayne who was at that stage still playing rep footy. And remember, when the Worms signed him he had been playing for the Tits on a $1.2m contract.

Now, when you look at the Chooks you have to wonder how they can have a team that on Sunday night had 10 internationals in the starting line up (8 current, 2 past), two of them on $1m per year contracts, plus on the bench they had a NSW Origin rep who was another on $1m per year. With all that talent and with 3 players taking up $3m of a $9.4m salary cap.....how can they afford the team they fielded in the Grand Final let alone another 13 on top of the 17 who played??

Yet as usual.....nothing from NRL HQ. A far cry from the salary cap / TPA witch hunt the NRL conducted against Manly.
Was there ever anything confirming the offer to Gifty or just all hearsay? I remember talk about the club trying to get an amount approved by the NRL just never saw a link or any release confirming anything.

Was there ever anything confirming the offer to Gifty or just all hearsay? I remember talk about the club trying to get an amount approved by the NRL just never saw a link or any release confirming anything.

Honestly can't remember if it was confirmed or not but the stories that hit the media said the offer was about 300 large.

Well .... if both Premiership winning Captains Bob Fulton and Fatty Vautin could go to Roosters ..... then ....

Well .... if both Premiership winning Captains Bob Fulton and Fatty Vautin could go to Roosters ..... then ....

It would be a tragedy, and totally not going to happen but just imagine if the Roosters announced they’d signed all those players for the 2020 season and beyond.

I wonder if this would finally light a firecracker up someone’s arse at HQ to do anything.

I somehow doubt it , they’d just laugh it off saying “ all these players want to do is win a Premiership so they all signed for $200k a year knowing we’ve guaranteed the Goosters another victory in 2020”.

Great summary based on just how corrupt the NRL has been over the years....
Just to add a bit more, they have an International Pommy winger that can't crack 1st grade and no less than 5 players on Major upgrades....it is so obvious, its plain ridiculous.
Then another funny factor - Manly produce several youngsters, plus have 5 - 6 players who are discards and on minimal contracts....the media are in a frenzy about how Manly can afford to keep the Turbo bros?
Sure DCE is on Big money and maybe Kapow, with AFB also climbing in worth, however EVERY team has a few Expensive players and Manly have more Bargain basement players than Most, if not every other side in the NRL....then they have the hide to question resigning a couple of local juniors who will stay for less.....annoys the f**k out of me tbh.

I am finding it strange there is no talk lately about the Turbo brothers and other NRL stars contract situation.
You think with high profile players about to enter the open market there would be more talk and rumours in the media floating around, there isn't much else around for them to report now the grand final is fish n chip wrapping paper.

Great summary based on just how corrupt the NRL has been over the years....
Just to add a bit more, they have an International Pommy winger that can't crack 1st grade and no less than 5 players on Major upgrades....it is so obvious, its plain ridiculous.
Then another funny factor - Manly produce several youngsters, plus have 5 - 6 players who are discards and on minimal contracts....the media are in a frenzy about how Manly can afford to keep the Turbo bros?
Sure DCE is on Big money and maybe Kapow, with AFB also climbing in worth, however EVERY team has a few Expensive players and Manly have more Bargain basement players than Most, if not every other side in the NRL....then they have the hide to question resigning a couple of local juniors who will stay for less.....annoys the f**k out of me tbh.

Me too!!

I am finding it strange there is no talk lately about the Turbo brothers and other NRL stars contract situation.
You think with high profile players about to enter the open market there would be more talk and rumours in the media floating around, there isn't much else around for them to report now the grand final is fish n chip wrapping paper.

I’m hoping there’s no announcement purely based on most of the staff being away on leave, if that’s not the case I’d be starting to worry.

There was an article last week where a journo was saying that the Roosters roster was valued about 1.8 mil over the cap but then tried to explain it away by saying that some players would play for less to be at a club with a chance of winning the comp and also it improved their chances of making rep sides and picking up extra payments.
He concluded the article by saying that there were up to 8 players who might have taken $100 000 less each. So this accounts for $800 000. Didn't explain about the other $1 million.
So that would mean that Turdberger would step in and say no to paying these guys under their notional value like the big fat c**t did with Glen Stewart.

There was an article last week where a journo was saying that the Roosters roster was valued about 1.8 mil over the cap but then tried to explain it away by saying that some players would play for less to be at a club with a chance of winning the comp and also it improved their chances of making rep sides and picking up extra payments.
He concluded the article by saying that there were up to 8 players who might have taken $100 000 less each. So this accounts for $800 000. Didn't explain about the other $1 million.
Hey @rosco does @Rosko have it in for you or what. Noted that he gave you an Ironstine rating for the above post . Not sure why. Hope @roscoe does not see it as well.

So that would mean that Turdberger would step in and say no to paying these guys under their notional value like the big fat c**t did with Glen Stewart.

Don't get me started on that two faced ,double standards ,one rule for all the clubs and another for Manly ,bald headed dickhead !!
Every time I see his oily grin or hear the 'big man" voice he puts on I want to throw something at the TV .It wouldn't surprise me or anyone else for that matter what Mr Door Knobb head would do to try and ruin Manly ,and if he could get away with putting a 1.8M price tag each on the Turbo's at Manly while letting them go to Easts ,or ......vomit!!!! the Squeels for 900k he would !!!!

His hatred for us knows no bounds (like mine for him) and I think it eats away at him that despite all his efforts and all his underhand double dealings and all his standard practice of sweeping of atrocities under the carpet the he got to the big dance twice and was denied both times .Justice I say !!! You achieved nothing at Canterbury Greenburg !! and all that you have achieved at the NRL is to ruin the spectacle, dis-enfranchise the fans,send the balance sheet into the red ,destroy the refereeing ranks ,pervert the salary cap,foster the rort that is TPA's kill the grass roots ,send the TV ratings into a tail spin,waste money on that clown show bunker ,be the AFL's gift that keeps on giving, and curry favor with the big hitters in the game who if truth were known wouldn't wipe their nose with you .You are just a deplorable ,prejudiced , inept dope with an appalling record with everything you have touched in league ,who really has no business being anywhere near anything any more complex than the cake stall at Bunning's on a Saturday morning ,at which I'm sure you would do your best to f&^% up anyway!!

So my greatest wish is to have the Turbos resigned to long term contracts at Manly, for Manly to win the GF in 2020, 2021 and 2022 and for Peter Vlandys' first official act to be to immediately terminate your tenure at the NRL and in doing so close the book on what will go down as the darkest and most shameful chapter in the NRL's history.

One thing for sure is that in the future you will not be lining up for ...cough cough ,giggle,,,laugh ,,,,laugh out loud,,,,,double up with laughter ....wait for it ......Hall of Fame Administrator !!!! .... uncontrollable laughter ,maniacal screaming etc etc

Go Manly
I told you not to get me started Mick!!

Don't get me started on that two faced ,double standards ,one rule for all the clubs and another for Manly ,bald headed dickhead !!
Every time I see his oily grin or hear the 'big man" voice he puts on I want to throw something at the TV .It wouldn't surprise me or anyone else for that matter what Mr Door Knobb head would do to try and ruin Manly ,and if he could get away with putting a 1.8M price tag each on the Turbo's at Manly while letting them go to Easts ,or ......vomit!!!! the Squeels for 900k he would !!!!

His hatred for us knows no bounds (like mine for him) and I think it eats away at him that despite all his efforts and all his underhand double dealings and all his standard practice of sweeping of atrocities under the carpet the he got to the big dance twice and was denied both times .Justice I say !!! You achieved nothing at Canterbury Greenburg !! and all that you have achieved at the NRL is to ruin the spectacle, dis-enfranchise the fans,send the balance sheet into the red ,destroy the refereeing ranks ,pervert the salary cap,foster the rort that is TPA's kill the grass roots ,send the TV ratings into a tail spin,waste money on that clown show bunker ,be the AFL's gift that keeps on giving, and curry favor with the big hitters in the game who if truth were known wouldn't wipe their nose with you .You are just a deplorable ,prejudiced , inept dope with an appalling record with everything you have touched in league ,who really has no business being anywhere near anything any more complex than the cake stall at Bunning's on a Saturday morning ,at which I'm sure you would do your best to f&^% up anyway!!

So my greatest wish is to have the Turbos resigned to long term contracts at Manly, for Manly to win the GF in 2020, 2021 and 2022 and for Peter Vlandys' first official act to be to immediately terminate your tenure at the NRL and in doing so close the book on what will go down as the darkest and most shameful chapter in the NRL's history.

One thing for sure is that in the future you will not be lining up for ...cough cough ,giggle,,,laugh ,,,,laugh out loud,,,,,double up with laughter ....wait for it ......Hall of Fame Administrator !!!! .... uncontrollable laughter ,maniacal screaming etc etc

Go Manly

Phew, once started you never stopped!!

Go Manly
Wow awesome reply. Didn't miss anything there mate. Well said.

Bosses of sporting bodies are now usually not ex players. Reason? Sport is a vehicle of the Globalists to push their political goals. CEOs of sporting bodies are SOCIAL ENGINEERS, with the interest of the code coming a distant second. Cant you see it? Social issues such as LGBTQP, etc, etc being rammed down our throats instead of real issues to improve the game being promoted.

The bunker is nothing but a tool to influence results. What is needed is a 'Captains challenge' to dispute bull**** calls, based on the cricket model.

Fans need to demand an end to the 'private school old boys, CEO merry-go-round' of Social engineers and demand ex players run our code. Rugby League was never so well run as when Arthurson and Quale were in power.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8