Roosters players out tonight.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
JWH sore wrist from counting the $5m from his Mosman sale? Where he get the money for that??

Yep, its a joke!

Do they honestly expect us to believe that Rooters have some special formula that every other can't see?

It’s Peter V. Landis to you.

His brother John oversaw an unfortunate helicopter incident back in 1982 - featuring Vic Mauro’s grandfather, Vic Morrow, and one or two unfortunate child actors..

Sadly Vic Sr will never stand near a helicopter again.

As for Peter V. - the more things change, the more they stay the same on the NRL admin front.

I’m sure I speak for a lot of you when I say that I can’t understand why the NRL, apparently, bend over backward and openly break the rules to keep the Roosters winning. The Roosters have quite a small supporter base. Their endless victories can’t be converting into massive merchandise sales or Foxtel subscriptions. In fact, I would have thought the policy drives ten times as many fans away as it attracts. I can understand the NRL favouritism to the Bronco’s. Queensland is a big market. But turning the Roosters into perpetual champions is just destroying the product.

The prevailing public attitude is that they're rorting the cap to the point where it's become a joke. Either they are or they aren't, either way there is a massive asterix over the competition while they are allowed to assemble the squad they have.

If they are under the cap, the NRL needs to work out what loopholes they are using and close them or extend them to other teams. They need to be audited publicly like Manly, Wests, etc were. No more secret "management" tricks.

If they aren't under the cap, the NRL needs to find out ASAP so we don't have more premierships with an official asterix next to them. It's a disaster for the game when that happens. I would hazard a guess that at the very least their management is not staying at arms length from 3rd party arrangements.

The fans are over it and demand some transparency.

Only way to prove that teams ( players) are within the cap is to publish every single players salary.
Until then the public has every right to be suspicious of teams like the Rooters that are loaded with talent..

The prevailing public attitude is that they're rorting the cap to the point where it's become a joke. Either they are or they aren't, either way there is a massive asterix over the competition while they are allowed to assemble the squad they have.

If they are under the cap, the NRL needs to work out what loopholes they are using and close them or extend them to other teams. They need to be audited publicly like Manly, Wests, etc were. No more secret "management" tricks.

If they aren't under the cap, the NRL needs to find out ASAP so we don't have more premierships with an official asterix next to them. It's a disaster for the game when that happens. I would hazard a guess that at the very least their management is not staying at arms length from 3rd party arrangements.

The fans are over it and demand some transparency.
Will NOT happen whilst-ever Uncle Nick is still alive.

Only way to prove that teams ( players) are within the cap is to publish every single players salary.
Until then the public has every right to be suspicious of teams like the Rooters that are loaded with talent..
The Rorters would be cap compliant without any worries , probably sit $200-$300 under.

Publishing their cap wages won’t do anything.

An intensive financial investigation on every player , their assets , how they obtained them and their week to week expenses would be different kettle of fish.

Ah player XXX you have a 5 million dollar house , a $300k car , a $150k boat , a $50k motorcycle, you dine out 6 nights a week and your wife wears Versace and you only take $200 a week out of your wages account, maybe that’s not kosher!!

The cap would just be a medium part of their total expenditure , don’t forget they all go there for “ unders” to belong to a successful club.... yeah and I’m the ****ing tooth fairy too!!

The Rorters would be cap compliant without any worries , probably sit $200-$300 under.

An intensive financial investigation on every player , their assets , how they obtained them and their week to week expenses would be different kettle of fish.

Ah player XXX you have a 5 million dollar house , a $300k car , a $150k boat , a $50k motorcycle, you dine out 6 nights a week and your wife wears Versace and you only take $200 a week out of your wages account, maybe that’s not kosher!!

The cap would just be a medium part of their total expenditure , don’t forget they all go there for “ unders” to belong to a successful club.... yeah and I’m the ****ing tooth fairy too!!
You being the tooth fairy explains a lot.

Love it Mark!
If only you were the Auditor..

It's the Third Party incentives that gives Easts the advantage.
How do you stop Easts Board member Mark Bouris providing financial advice and help to a player or their relatives? How do you stop a player being paid a huge appearance fee at a business event, team bonding exercise, motivational speaking etc?
How do you stop the well-connected Easts' supporters from promising careers for certain players post rugby league?
Easts, Brisbane and Melbourne can provide such sweeteners which a suburban club like Manly can't match. Manly is further disadvantaged by the fact its Leagues Club is not profitable, unlike the Bulldogs, Wests and Penrith. We'd be far better off financially if the Leagues Club was amalgamated with the financially strong Dee Why RSL or the Harbord Diggers.

Love it Mark!
If only you were the Auditor..
Well that's really the only way, I think its called "forensic accounting", but of course you need a willingness to go to those lengths and I doubt that will ever happen.

Long term we are stuck with the "haves" and the "have nots" and I really cant see it changing in the foreseeable future.

For a club that claims to have the bare minimum of TPA's ... its amazing how many Origin and test players they have in their first grade squad, not to mention players who have won 2 or 3 premierships. If squads were 34 instead of 30 they could basically trot out two test teams.

But as always with the NRL and Chooks its a case of "move along, nothing to see here".

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2