Roosters break booze ban

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/breaking-news-todd-carney-nate-myles-and-frank-paul-nuusala-spotted-at-2am-claims-they-broke-team-booze-ban/story-e6frexnr-1226111663046

ROOSTERS officials have launched an investigation into reports that star trio Nate Myles, Todd Carney and Frank-Paul Nu'uausala broke a team booze ban in the early hours of this morning.

The Daily Telegraph has learned that a cab driver phoned the club earlier today to inform officials of a fare they hailed between a Double Bay hotel and an Oxford St pub late last night.

The players have been contacted and are expected to be questioned later today.

The latest drama to beset the Bondi club comes just over a week after the entire team agreed to embark on a fortnight-long alcohol ban, in the wake of concerns from the senior player group over deteriorating off-field behaviour.

The story will be detailed as more

They played like they were drunk on Sunday.

Cabbie obviosuly not a Roosters fan. LOL. Perhaps Teflon did a runner, or Nate used the back seat as his lavatory.

With Toddy playing like crap the Roosters may finally punt him. Naturally they will wish him well in fighting his off-field 'demons'. Then they'll poach Duggan from Canberra.
They, along with 'Matta are a club in crisis.

Todd has an excuse.

How could anyone be expected to sleep without assistance after T-Rex running over the top of 24 times in one afternoon. The nightmares must be horrific.

What about Nate Miles it took him 3 minutes to play the ball every time he was tackled. He wanted no part of the Manly forwards and thought stalling was his best tactic.

master blaster said:
what will Gallops excuse be to save him this time if it is proven true

He will chose from one of the following options:

(a) It was not an official club function
(b) It was not "double demerits"
(c) He doesn't play for Manly
(d) All of the above.

Is it too late for Carney to win the DallyM?Last year on the booze he's a world beater,this year he's off the booze and a nuff nuff.Probably man of the match this weekend.Like Tiger Woods and his women-playing up=world beater,no playing up=also ran.

Toddy needs to get back on the grog to find his form. The Roosters, now there's a club that shouldn't exist.

MadMarcus said:
master blaster said:
what will Gallops excuse be to save him this time if it is proven true

He will chose from one of the following options:

(a) It was not an official club function
(b) It was not "double demerits"
(c) He doesn't play for Manly
(d) All of the above.
You forgot (e) inadvertent.

Cabbies these days, no confidentiality, tsk tsk.

If this is indeed true you can get a snapshot of the club culture right there . While Todd is his own man and is responsible for his own actions, any team mate that drank with him just isnt a mate. With his history and reportably on his last 100 chances a team mate should just refuse to be anywhere near him if he wants to self destruct

Clubs readily talk about mateship, and a bond that is a key ingredient in success and this surely is not evident here at all

Todd Carney and alcahol is bad enough , but todd, beer and a team mate is just terrible. If i were the coach id want them all gone as they have not displayed team ethics even if the other two hadnt had a beer. If todd did and they were there and did nothing..........damage done

Would you do this to one of your mates, its disgusting and says a lot about the individuals and the club. The chooks need to act very strongly here and with there position on the ladder they have nothing to lose

Gallop's judgement is impeccable. lol Who couldn't see this coming.

I'm sorry I let myself down, i wanna apologise to the fans and sponsors blah,blah,blah.

Although it would be great to bash the rorters and without seeing the full article it doesn't state that they were actually drinking. It only stated that they hailed a cab between a Double Bay hotel and an Oxford St pub late last night, that doesn't necessarily mean they had an alcoholic beverage at the club or that they were intoxicated. We shouldn't be jumping to conclusions, innocent until otherwise proven guilty.

OneEyedEagle said:
Although it would be great to bash the rorters and without seeing the full article it doesn't state that they were actually drinking. It only stated that they hailed a cab between a Double Bay hotel and an Oxford St pub late last night, that doesn't necessarily mean they had an alcoholic beverage at the club or that they were intoxicated. We shouldn't be jumping to conclusions, innocent until otherwise proven guilty.

Very true. But do you really think Easts will give us anything but spin? Their decisions over discipline are based purely on the football ability of their players. So, Toddy, if I was you I'd be starting to pack my bags. Is there still a spot in that pub team?

OneEyedEagle said:

Pity Brett didn't get that consideration from the "goose" and the No Real Leadership!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4