Rooster Tats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

captainskin

Reserve Grader
I only saw the second half of the game on tv; the main thing that stood out to me was how many of the rooster players seem more concerned with how many tattoos they have, instead of their football. I tried to find any on the Manly boys and it was a job to find one arm blemished. I know the Manly team must have them, but it looks like some players from opposition teams are consumed with them... and the roosters have got to be the most vain of the lot.

I was about to post a thread on the same issue. Seems to me they spend more time at the tattoo parlour than they do at training.

The tatts are Brian Smith's new coaching trick. He has the weeks game plan tattooed on the arms of each player.

captainskin said:
I only saw the second half of the game on tv; the main thing that stood out to me was how many of the rooster players seem more concerned with how many tattoos they have, instead of their football. I tried to find any on the Manly boys and it was a job to find one arm blemished. I know the Manly team must have them, but it looks like some players from opposition teams are consumed with them... and the roosters have got to be the most vain of the lot.

choc has his kids names down his forearms but i can't think of any others

Shoulders has got a fair bit of inkwork, including his name across his guts for some weird reason only he knows.

The Wheel said:
They all have one of a wooden spoon with 2011 under it!

The slime have that one covered Wheel, I have a little present to give to a slime supporter mate of mine at the game next week :huh:

:idea: The biggest wooden spoon painted in slime colours :D :p

A comment on the SMH site below Phil Gould's piece:

There's something I'm noticing in league Phil. Sitting at Brookvale yesterday it wasn't lost on me that the quality of the sides was inversely related to the amount of apparently matcho but otherwise hideous tattoo art on the sleeves of the various combatants...

Couldn't agree more...

captainskin said:

Do you really assosciate tattoos with vanity?

There would be many reasons why player's and people elect to get tattoo's.

Culturally - the island boys get tribal ink, tells the story of their family.

The tattoos you see on the likes of the Carney's and Friends would also have different meaning i.e Swallow's resemble carrying someones recently departed soul, brass knuckles loyalty, Dragons wisdom

If players get tats to tell stories about what is important in their life, how come Carney doesn't have a tat of a bottle of Jack Daniels on his face?

Fonz said:
captainskin said:

Do you really assosciate tattoos with vanity?

In some cases, yes. It would be, on the other hand, wrong of me to make that judgement on anyone before I knew them and their intentions (with the body art), however, when I see young men covered with them (and this is only a recent phenomena) I do question there addiction to gaining a new tattoo for the sake of getting a new tattoo and with them trying to out do each other...
I may be totally wrong and out on left field here, and I do appreciate 'eaglestowin' comment of the symbolism and reasoning, but it just seemed very odd that this poor performing 'star studded' rooster's side were covered in them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8