Robson in demand

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
HE'S one of the reasons behind Jarryd Hayne's stunning return to form, but Jeff Robson is in danger of being lost to both the Eels and the NRL.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal English Super League clubs are circling the tough No.7 with the Eels yet to make an offer to keep him in the blue and gold next year.

Robson has been a big part of the Eels' finals charge with his tough defence and on-field leadership helping the likes of Hayne and Daniel Mortimer shine - but that might not keep the 27-year-old at Parramatta.

"I would really like to see him stay at Parramatta and help the club's young halves come through,'' said Robson's agent Gavin Orr. "But in today's market it is getting harder and harder for players to survive. The salary cap makes it tough and he is getting interest from other clubs.

"There aren't many quality halfbacks in the UK and it mightbe something for him to consider.''

Kris Keating and Mortimer have been earmarked as the club's next halves pairing in a move that could force Robson to go to Europe.

LoL - Gotta love player managers trying to sell their players. Hahahaha

I'll see Jeff Robson, but raise him a Keiran Foran, Trent Hodgkinson, Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford - heck, I'll play all my cards by going all in with a Chris Bailey and Daley Cherry-Evans to boot.

I watched the Eels/Tigers match the other night and thought Robson did very well. Good defence, chimed in well in attack, no silly errors, etc. He's not the flashiest half you'll ever see but he's doing a good job, and well done to the bloke for making the most of his chance. He never really got a shot with us and I'm glad to see him given a go elsewhere.

Good on Robson, grabbed his chance with two hands, I hope he signs a nice deal OS and makes some very good money @ 27 if he can get a good money deal on a three year contract he should grab it.

good luck to him. he should go to UK and earn the pounds

he's a sound player, not to flashy and minimal errors. would fit in well with many teams that have creative five eigths.

He should give Tim Sheens a call.

Good luck to him - he played many reserve grade games for us and backed up in first grade when he had to.

Go and make some money Jeff

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4