Robinson's NRL ref rant OK, says Greenberg

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Robinson's NRL ref rant OK, says Greenberg http://bit.ly/1i2n48h

NRL head of football Todd Greenberg says Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson won't be sanctioned following his criticism of referee Ben Cummins after his side's 8-0 loss to Manly on Friday.

Robinson labelled the performance of Cummins as "unacceptable" with the premiers on the wrong side of the penalty count for the third time in four games this season.

Manly won the count 11-2 and Robinson went on the front foot after the game accusing Cummins of coaching the Sea Eagles on the field instead of penalising them and allowing their players to milk penalties by staying on the ground.

However, Greenberg said he saw no problem with the comments and wouldn't issue a $10,000 fine like he did to Manly coach Geoff Toovey following his infamous rant after a loss to South Sydney at Gosford last season.

"He didn't question the referees' integrity and it wasn't excessive criticism," Greenberg said.

"He's entitled to provide his opinion on their performance."

Robinson's measured, but scathing critique of Cummins came two weeks after he questioned the referee's decision to not send off Parramatta's Darcy Lussick for a high shot to the head of Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

"You can't have a game 11-2 against us and have those infractions in the game," he said.

"They need to give a good explanation as to why that was the case. They (the referees) worked against each other.

"I'm happy with different rulings, but I can't answer why we aren't receiving penalties."

The Roosters were the most penalised team in the NRL last season and this season were on the wrong side of the count 12-6 against Souths in round one and 10-3 in the win over Brisbane last week.

Robinson believes one reasons officials penalise his side so much could be because he orders his players not to play for penalties.

"We don't lie down, we don't play for penalties," Robinson said.

"We might be wrong, but that's our ethic. We don't play for penalties.

"We openly talk about it. We are not going to lie down. We are going to stand up and keep fighting. We will let the footy gods decide. It's not in the spirit of the game."

Toovey, for once, was predictably less scathing about the officials, and even added the Roosters were fortunate to get away with just 11 penalties.

"I thought it could have been a lot more," he said.

"I thought it could have been a lot more," he said.

LOL. Go Tooves !!!

Of course Robinson won't be fined, he isn't coaching Manly. Maybe instead of whinging he should look at why his team CONSISTENTLY lose penalty counts (and by some margin). He might not coach them to lie down, but he sure as hell coaches them to break the rules.....don't whine when the refs pull your team up for that. Muppet.

“Really simple rules that they have given to us ... and they are coaching Manly to not give the penalties."

Saying the refs are coaching us isn't questioning their integrity as non-biased officials?

So Tooves should take note - keep his critiques down to one sentence so they won't be excessive and say anything!

Todd makes me lololololol. He keeps digging himself a hole so deep, you soon won't be able to see the reflection off his greasy bald head.

Look, I dont think any coach should be fined for commenting on the refereeing. We have freedom of speech in australia and they have a right to comment on the performace of the refs.

What i hate is the inconsistency. Why does 2V get a 10k fine, but everyone else is in the clear.

There has to be an investigation into this!

Wow, thought there would be a fine coming after that rant. Should of known better though. If it's not Manly n then it's fine.

According to Greenturds law. If a Manly coach, player or official complains about the game. Its unacceptable to critique officials and its an automatic 10K fine. If an opposition coach, player or official complains about officials, aww they are just showing emotion and you need to be understanding.

DOUBLE STANDARDS GREENTURD!!!! We would expect nothing less from you.!!

sheridanstand78 said:
According to Greenturds law. If a Manly coach, player or official complains about the game. Its unacceptable to critique officials and its an automatic 10K fine. If an opposition coach, player or official complains about officials, aww they are just showing emotion and you need to be understanding.

DOUBLE STANDARDS GREENTURD!!!! We would expect nothing less from you.!!
Don't forget that last year, after hushing up the Barba true situation, he even had we at Brookie under investigation :dodgy:

The security mesh that was then introduced and the media hysteria was insulting to all Manly Supporters :mad:

I didnt hear him complaining when they got the good calls in the GF last year,a typical arrogant nob,that belongs in the eastern suburbs

Lord Eagleton said:
Urge to punch........... rising...

With a pic from The Simpsons as your icon.....that's fitting LOL

You can almost guarantee that if we had lost and it had been Tooves who said what Robinson did, he'd be looking at another 10k fine.

I'd like to take Greenturd's shiny head and use it as a bowling ball. Why am I fighting these feelings?

Eagles2nv said:
Look, I dont think any coach should be fined for commenting on the refereeing. We have freedom of speech in australia and they have a right to comment on the performace of the refs.
Do we have freedom of speech? I've never seen it in any legislation.

Is he (Robinson) allowed to comment on a matter going before the judiciary re JWH ? He has already given his spin re it wasn't a shoulder charge etc. Should just shut up and teach JWH how to play the ball properly !

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2