Robinson fined $40000

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No he doesn't. Not by a long shot. Losing a round 8 game vs losing a Grand Final in a classic stitch up......not even close.
Absolutely. And the little general didn't have a ref blasting whinge. He called Greenturd and arranged to privately discuss what went on in that game. Of course all he got was lame answers from the knob.
All Manly supporters should bombard Mr Pink Face with the Youtube link to the 2013 GF ref errors video, and write his own words underneath - we deserved a fair chance to win that game! Thoughts Trent?

The refs did not cost them a chance to win that game, on the contrary the refs gifted them a chance to get back in the game. They were gifted two tries despite an obvious forward pass in the lead up to one, and a knock on in attempting to kick in the other.
True that.
"Apart from the '13 GF & the Anzac Day 2 gifted Tries, what have the Refs ever done for us?" ;)

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Happy to cheat the cap.

Happy to fix a GF.

Happy to welcome every piece of crap in NRL into their team and reform them.

Happy to grab and Hayne and SBW as soon they want to return to the NRL.

Not about losing 7 of their first 8 games.

My heart bleeds.

A defamation case would not look at actual Ref rulings.

They would look at the NRL rules prohibiting on commentary Refs, which the Rorters contravened rather than seeking mediation through the game's available channels@:cool:

Also the harm to Cummin's career prospects.

All Ref rulings are 'best endeavours' based on the situation at the time.

No one, including the win/loss statistics, can prove Cummin's bias.

In 2016, the Rorters have a 100% win record under Cummins as he refereed their only win :giggle:

Not too legally minded here so just chucking my thoughts out there, but regardless of contracts signed it seems more like a policy than a law. And that in itself would be tested during the process as a coaches employment also hinges on them signing this agreement that isnt at all that lawful.

Not too legally minded here so just chucking my thoughts out there, but regardless of contracts signed it seems more like a policy than a law. And that in itself would be tested during the process as a coaches employment also hinges on them signing this agreement that isnt at all that lawful.

I don't think that an agreement that you enter into has to have a case in law as a precedent.
If you go into an RSL in thongs, they'll chuck you out because it's part of your membership agreement. The Patron can't then take them to court on discrimination or similar.

Code of Conduct with the NRL means that the Officials can not be publically criticized. An NRL reminder notice was just sent 2 weeks ago reminding all Coaches about the Refs and Bunker etiquette :rolleyes:

As Grant said, the fact that it was orchestrated shows intent to go against the NRL directive.
2x 20k is a minimum compared to our 100k in 2009 IMO :mad:

The refs as well as being completely untouchable even if they monumentally stuff up now have the added security blanket of the good old 'shot clock'. Some of the refs are already abusing that power. If they don't want to talk to a captain they now just threaten them with the shot clock. Sorry but I think it is getting completely out of control and all the nrl are doing to cosset the refs further is giving them more & more power, instead of training & mediation

I believe that the referee should be allowed to adjudicate without constantly having to explain himself to every player who feels dudded.@:cool:

It irks me that Manly players waste their energies on arguing an unchangeable point, rather than getting set for the next play.:banghead:

NRL360 had something about the Rugger mob doing exactly this. No one is allowed to approach the Ref and the players just get on with the game.

Play to the whistle and let the ebbs and flows of penalties work themselves out.:lightbulb:

Coaches have the right to approach Archer for a clarification of issues after the game now.

I believe that the referee should be allowed to adjudicate without constantly having to explain himself to every player who feels dudded.@:cool:

It irks me that Manly players waste their energies on arguing an unchangeable point, rather than getting set for the next play.:banghead:

NRL360 had something about the Rugger mob doing exactly this. No one is allowed to approach the Ref and the players just get on with the game.

Play to the whistle and let the ebbs and flows of penalties work themselves out.:lightbulb:

Coaches have the right to approach Archer for a clarification of issues after the game now.

While i agree the refs only have themselves to blame. Nrl rules come and go, markers, play the ball, moving off the mark, sin binning. The refs police stuff then stop, pick it up again a few years later based on the media.
They get lazy, they are influenced by the media. Its up to the refs to take control, earn respect, demand respect. The constant wishy washy approach to the rule of the day is out of control. You cant turn some players away and then invite cam smith to tea and sandwhiches when a penalty goes against the storm.

The players push everything , even more so when they sense the ref is slacking off. Even with 2 refs the 10 metres happens on an ad hoc basis.

While the interpretation is often not something the ref can determine,the rule book is,and it seems its only a guide

The refs need to take control as a group, set there own standards consistently, be a team

Proactive jo reactive and respect will come

I agree that any player cannot approach the ref and if they were consistent with their handling of this (penalise the players) that is fine. However the captains should be allowed to and the captains should also be shown some respect too. That only happens to certain captains as well as the ones that get away with blue murder

At the moment it just smacks of a dictatorship which is not solving anything. Both parties are somewhat guilty but only the players/coaches are answerable. The refs lording it around and being totally inconsistent is not going to earn the respect from the players they are demanding (not earning)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4