Roberts from the Titans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you could be sure James Roberts head was in the right space then he would be a really good signing...quick, strong, pretty good hands, can score a try. I'd take him if you knew he was committed and wasn't going to go off the rails. I kinda like him more than Walker in terms of attacking weaponary.

Anyone notice that James Roberts was announced the best centre in the world, alongside Kallum Watkins in the "World's best 13" this morning?

I think the English Press might vote for this so they'd have SFA idea really.

Our forwards will roll us down field so a lot of our tries will come from inside the opposition zone through pure classy tries . We still have enough pace to score full length tries even though some might come through a chain of passes but it's gonna be great to watch .

That's great news that James Roberts is a free agent. We have the perfect opportunity to stick the pennknife in to the back of Jamie Lyon or Steve Matai.

If you could be sure James Roberts head was in the right space then he would be a really good signing...quick, strong, pretty good hands, can score a try. I'd take him if you knew he was committed and wasn't going to go off the rails. I kinda like him more than Walker in terms of attacking weaponary.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I think Walker has a lot more strings to his bow than James Roberts. Roberts is fast and strong, but that's the extent of his arsenal; he doesn't run holes, tackle aggressively, support up the middle, and ball play in the same fashion as Dylan Walker. I wouldn't say James Roberts has good hands either, he can spill a pill. He is one hard man to tackle but he is still very raw IMO; I wouldn't knock him back at Manly, he is a talent, but I think Walker is a better all-round footballer.

Last edited:
Whenever Manly has played the Titans in recent seasons Roberts is the one opposition player I'm 'scared' of. I've never worried about Walker when we've played Souffs.
Thus, Roberts would be my choice.

That might be because Souffs have had more than one player to worry about in recent times such as Inglis, Luke, Reynolds, the Burgess brothers etc. The Tits really haven't had that many to worry about with Roberts easily being the stand out.

There's so much more to playing Rugby League than moments of individual brilliance. James Roberts will take an intercept or get outside his man and that's all well and good, but what about the rest of the package? He is a damn good ball runner and that's about all he offers. Is Ben Barba at his best, a better player than Brett Stewart? Me thinks not.

Roberts new manager is none other then Anthony Choc Mundine.
Do t want this tosser or anyone associated with him at this club. Choc is toxic

Everyone talking about how we need our new halves and the front row, but am not convinced we have enough very speedy backs….Snake can get through a gap and pass to someone else, or wrap around a back line move and score, but i really don't see any real flyers in our club….watching the highlights from the titans match this Roberts bloke has some real pace on him. I would be happy to part ways with Jorge/Blair/Wolf/Gutherson and get Tapou from the roosters and this Roberts guy if we could….or even go after the Alex Johnson from souths…..we seriously need pace. Killer/Matai/Hiku are all pretty slow and young Tom T is more skilful than quick…..i wish Kelly would pull his finger out and get someone that can run length of the field …..[/Q
Tom Turbo not quick,chase him and tell me he,s not quick:eek:

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think Walker has a lot more strings to his bow than James Roberts. Roberts is fast and strong, but that's the extent of his arsenal; he doesn't run holes, tackle aggressively, support up the middle, and ball play in the same fashion as Dylan Walker. I wouldn't say James Roberts has good hands either, he can spill a pill. He is one hard man to tackle but he is still very raw IMO; I wouldn't knock him back at Manly, he is a talent, but I think Walker is a better all-round footballer.
100% percent.. The most sense I've heard all day brother

Roberts new manager is none other then Anthony Choc Mundine.
Do t want this tosser or anyone associated with him at this club. Choc is toxic

Ahhh....in the emortal words of
Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr,
'drop it like it's hot!':sweating:

Roberts would be ideal on the wing. Now just so we're clear. Wingers aren't footballers. There wingers. They just "hang around" footballers.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4