Robbo wants halves to stay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
DEPARTING Manly winger Michael Robertson has urged the Sea Eagles to do whatever they can to keep Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran together on the northern beaches for the next decade to ensure they remain a potent force in the competition.

Read the full article

I don't want to be reading in 12 months time that negotiations are continuing, with DCE and his management, over re-signing with Manly!

Right Phantar, time very soon for David Perry, Des and Crusher to get on the front foot and sign DCE to a long contract - am sure they are planning to!

Phantar said:
I don't want to be reading in 12 months time that negotiations are continuing, with DCE and his management, over re-signing with Manly!
I hope not otherwise there will be an uproar on this forum, but we always usually keep the players we want,

BOZO said:
Phantar said:
I hope not otherwise there will be an uproar on this forum, but we always usually keep the players we want,

Always usually? From memory, Cuthbo is the only player to have left in recent years for a fresh start. Everyone else who has gone has either been with our blessing, or the money was just too good to refuse.

My understanding is that DCE is already under contract for a few years, but he needs a new contract to reflect his improvement/performance.

Manly have the ability to upgrade his contract aswell which will help give him the best offer. If the club let him go I will be furious. I can picture a cashed up Brisbane wheeling him in, hopefully some of their young players contracts are up so they can't afford him.

Masked Eagle said:
BOZO said:
Phantar said:

Always usually? From memory, Cuthbo is the only player to have left in recent years for a fresh start. Everyone else who has gone has either been with our blessing, or the money was just too good to refuse.

My understanding is that DCE is already under contract for a few years, but he needs a new contract to reflect his improvement/performance.
We could not keep all those players for obvious reasons but the special ones like Gift , snake, Foran , Lyon etc we have kept and DCE looks like he is one of those special players that we will hold on to.

there are often a few reasons why you hold off signing someone, waiting for others to sign, pressuring the player to settle for a lower price.... waiting to see what happens in the 2nd year etc.

None of these reasons can be applied to DCE. An offer needs to be tabled after the GF celebration, and it cannot be skinny

DCE and Foran will be commanding alot of money very soon which means we will lose class in other areas, hopefully the new TV deal helps us out in regards to this.

Some cashed up club will throw the kitchen sink at him, much like Parra with Sandow. He will probably take up $400,000

When was he last time we lost a player to another NRL Club that we wanted to keep ? Of all the ex Manly players still running around the NRL I can't think of one that would get a start in our current line up. Perhaps Hally, but we lost him to England not to the Cowboys direct. Big up to Crusher and Des for being able to hang onto the good ones

Hodko - No
Neumann - No
JWH - No
Tasi - at this stage no
Bani - who ?
Burns - No
Orford - No
Hicks - No
Cuthbo - No
Halfasanga - No
Hally - maybe instead of Mauro

Fek me threads like this give me the you know whats

1. We have no clarity over what the income of the club is...therefore no way of seeing if the club is spending 100% of the cap (or what potential 3rd party offers there are)
2. There is little clarity over the loading of contracts - even if foran was on a contract worth 1mill over 3 years there is little or no chance it is evenly distributed
3. The club does not like to announce anything (as the much mentioned Orford signing). We wuill not know what is going on etc
4. We do not know the situation at other clubs
5. I could go on but i am boring myself

So it is all just mindless speculation based on nothing other than "gut"

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8