RLW online Issue Nine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
RLW MEDIA Issue Nine
April 13, 2011
Wednesday, April 13 2011
stevemascord.com

BOWEN MIGHT FOLLOW HOHAIA, ENGLAND RELENTS ON NRL STARS, ANOTHER PROP BRUSHES BLUES, SOWARD ‘READY FOR ORIGIN’, MG PUSHES FOR BULL BAILEY
NORTH Queensland fullback icon Matt Bowen may be about to follow his Warriors counterpart, Lance Hohaia, to England.
As Hohaia tells Rugby League Week today how he feared his demotion from first grade may have endangered the new four year deal with St Helens, off contract Bowen reveals he’s more than open to offers from Super League.
“I’d love to go,” Bowen tells RLW, “but in saying that I’d love to stay and finish my career here. If I do get the chance to go over there, I’ll definitely take it.
“I haven’t spoken to my manager. I’m sure he’s got something in mind. We’ll see what’s on the table and go from there.”
Hohaia, who told his team-mates yesterday morning he was heading to Merseyside, speaks to League Week about his fears that being dumped from first grade could have hurt his career prospects. “It’s never nice being left out of the team, especially with everything I’ve achieved,” Hohaia says. “(I thought) if I’m not playing well and I’m not in the team at the Warriors, those opportunities might dry up.”

RLW also brings you the news that England won’t be picking a fight with NRL clubs over the availability of Sam Burgess, Gareth Ellis and Gareth Widdop for the clash with the Exiles on June 10. “We are content to let them remain with their NRL clubs,” England coach Steve McNamara tells the magazine.

And Rugby League Week unmasks the latest big front rower who played his junior football in NSW, is in good form and would be ideal for bolstering the Blues’ State of Origin front row stocks. The only problem is, North Queensland giant and former Paddington Tiger James Tamou insists: “I want to play for the Kiwis.”
Tamou is a friend of Sydney Rooster Martin Kennedy, who recently dismayed NSW fans by opting for Queensland.

Still on Origin, St George Illawarra stars say the time has come for five-eighth Jamie Soward to get his chance in a Blues jumper. “I have no doubts Jamie is ready for Origin,” says veteran centre Matt Cooper, who has requested exemption for selection.
“He has played in all the big games, none better than last year’s grand final. Jamie has shown that he can handle pressure, that’s what Origin is all about.”

And former NSW star – now League Week columnist – Mark Geyer says Gold Coast veteran Luke Bailey should be among the first forwards picked by State coach Ricky Stuart.
“Bailey played the last of his 15 Origins in 2009 but he has been the form front-rower in the opening five rounds of the comp,” Geyer writes “With the Blues struggling for props, Bailey is the obvious choice despite being 31 and in the twilight of his career. Bull has been the shining light in a struggling Titans side and is a battle-hardened veteran who knows what it takes to win at the elite level.”
All that and much, much more! Only in ‘The Bible’, RUGBY LEAGUE WEEK. OUT NOW across Australasia and globally on iTunes
ALSO IN RLW THIS WEEK:
• LOCKY REIGNS… MG's stunning call on Darren Lockyer
• 80-MINUTE ISSAC TEARS INTO TAYLOR… Issac Luke slams former coach
• BACK BY MAY… Gower set for NRL return
• PLUS… Greg Eastwood, Matt Bowen, Martin Kennedy, Simon Dwyer
AT THE NEW PRICE OF $4.95 (Australian readers only)
Rugby League Week is now on facebook click here to follow!

RLW sucks nowadays, ever since the late nineties.

Used to be great.

Mascord's good, but the rest (esp. Tony Adams and Cameron Bell) are terrible.

Would not read it if it was free.

There is a good article about Manly in it "Bred not Brought" I think was the headline - funny thing is the Bulldogs use to have this and know look at them.

And a snippet on the Beaver about Catalan coach wanting him to go around next season

I buy both RLW and Big League, as RLW often has some very good stories, but I prefer Big League due to the greater amount of useful information it contains, and the crossword.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6