Rising Taupo rugby league prospect Regan Haika is set to sign a professional con

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wonder why the Warriors rejected him, anyway good luck to him hope to see him progress over the next few years

about time lowie  & theres  more out there, get us an up & coming prop & some one who can kick goals from anywhere..

The Wheel link said:
Wonder why the Warriors rejected him, anyway good luck to him hope to see him progress over the next few years

They are well known for not rating kids that end up making it, Matai, Kenny Dowell, Nu'uasala and Blair are 4 that pop straight to mind

and another kid signing

SEA Eagles recruitment officer Noel “Crusher” Cleal has developed a reputation in recent years for snaring the best junior talent to turn out for the maroon and white.

So when he urged the club to sign Craig McMurrich from arch-rivals Norths last year, it is safe to suggest the kid has a big future.

The latest Manly Daily Junior Sports Star nominee will lace the boots for Manly’s Harold Matthews squad in 2011, and is hopeful of a big year out of dummy half.

“I was fortunate to be given an opportunity with the Bears and was happy with how things worked out,” he said.

“As a lower age player I started seven out of our nine games. Even though we missed the semis, personally I got some good feedback on my performances. More >

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/he-got-cleals-vote/

Great.
Let's train these guys up for three years, get excited about their potential, and then watch Easts poach them.

Ex- norths and future roosters recruit.  Oh and played for manly in between

You lot have to be joking. Do you suggest that we only offer contracts to teenagers who are prepared to sign for life? How would we like that if some of them didn't make the grade?

I'm happy to hear of more young guns coming to the club to complement the local kids coming through. I'm not shedding any tears over the likes of JWH and Tasi.

Dallas Rennie was hardly 16.

I'm actually with SER on this, at least we are getting some potential out of these young guys, they may be good, they may not, and we are hardly paying them millions, we are giving them a shot, its Ball and Mathews, not State of Origin they will be playing.

Hoppa was still 17 this year! Has another two years of 20s to go... Plenty of time to be pinched... (not likely though, of course)

Jonesyv2 link said:
Anyone remember us signing Hopoate when he was 16 or 17? he didn't go to the roosters....

The roosters offered Hoppa jnr $100k to sign with them a couple of years ago and it took manly a long time to come up with a comparable offer at the last minute to keep him. 

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
I'm not shedding any tears over the likes of JWH and Tasi.

Why not? They are the best two young forwards Manly has groomed in the past two years. And what's the reward? Easts get to win games with them!
There is no incentive to cultivate players, Easts proved that by getting to the grand final with one (if you count Anasta) junior.
There is no loyalty any more, and the salary cap doesn't dispensate for generating locals.
How Easts can afford these players is another issue. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6