Ripping out the fabric of the game.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have to change the name to NRL-X Factor.
Nine will have the half time big band entertainment being X Factor contestants singing and viewers bombarded with premium sms phone numbers to vote.

NRL should do a deal with channel 10, the station is worth about $750,000,000.
Sell the next rights for $500,000,000 and a 50% share of ten.
They will have control of scheduling and Ten would make money. Nine would not be losing money on the current deal.

Loobs said:
Yeah the American model is great - take a 60 minute football game and stretch it out over 3 hours. That's why soccer is becoming more popular in the US. Because its 90 minutes plus change for breaks and stoppage time but the commitment is at least a full hour of your life back.

These guys running the game here are idiots but it looks like the backlash from clubs is slowly brewing and Smith and Greenturd will get the punt soon enough...

NFL isnt exactly struggling. . Its pretty much the only sport in the world where everyteam is profitable. And they do this without selling advertising space on their uniforms, playing a lot less games and up against a very aggressive and proactive players union.,

I completely agree with the sentiment of some on here that the NRL needs to get its s*** together and realize that it holds a lot of the cards when it comes to the broadcast deals.

Most people I know have fox because of the sport, and primarily rugby league, so why are they just being the beatches of the broadcasters?

If this is a fair dinkum thought of the NRL think tank (or whatever the hell they are called) then they need to be dragged out the back and shot and dawn. I do not get why we keep trying to change rugby league? It is going to end up a shadow of the sport it once was. Sure sometimes rule changes are needed for safety reasons, or even as an innovations. The introduction of the 40/20 rule was a good one (the original, not the half arsed version of this year!).

Jatz Crackers said:
Brainstorming is supposed to raise all types of ideas. Conventional & radical.

....and sells newspapers which keeps the game in the spotlight in off season and now they know it's a dumb idea they'll come up with some more....and sell more newspapers....and....

Masked Eagle said:
Loobs said:
Yeah the American model is great - take a 60 minute football game and stretch it out over 3 hours. That's why soccer is becoming more popular in the US. Because its 90 minutes plus change for breaks and stoppage time but the commitment is at least a full hour of your life back.

These guys running the game here are idiots but it looks like the backlash from clubs is slowly brewing and Smith and Greenturd will get the punt soon enough...

NFL isnt exactly struggling. . Its pretty much the only sport in the world where everyteam is profitable. And they do this without selling advertising space on their uniforms, playing a lot less games and up against a very aggressive and proactive players union.,

True, the teams are profitable off TV revenue and only playing 16 games - here they were talking more teams and a number of games still in the 20's (plus all the rep games).

The players union though is probably the weakest of the big 4 sports over there.

When you bring a banker in, it is always going to be about maximizing profits over anything.

Bring back Arko..........................

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4