Ripped off?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Dally M points be awarded in Origin?

• Yes

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Yes, but only because Tommy would have gotten 3

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
Any 'mainstay' player in Origin (i.e. a player who will play in 2 or 3 of the games) is highly likely to miss at least one or two club games as a result of their involvement (or at least be impacted in the way they get involved for their club when backing up)

I KNOW that Dally M points are awarded for the best performing player in the 25 rounds of the NRL, but surely that disadvantages the Cleary's and Turbo's of this world?

A good player in a crap team, who doesn't play in origin (i.e. a Kiwi for example) has multiple more games available to score Dally M points in....

Will/does the Daly M truly reflect the best player? Poor old Tommy would be closing the gap to first place after last night if points were awarded.....

Any 'mainstay' player in Origin (i.e. a player who will play in 2 or 3 of the games) is highly likely to miss at least one or two club games as a result of their involvement (or at least be impacted in the way they get involved for their club when backing up)

I KNOW that Dally M points are awarded for the best performing player in the 25 rounds of the NRL, but surely that disadvantages the Cleary's and Turbo's of this world?

A good player in a crap team, who doesn't play in origin (i.e. a Kiwi for example) has multiple more games available to score Dally M points in....

Will/does the Daly M truly reflect the best player? Poor old Tommy would be closing the gap to first place after last night if points were awarded.....
Poor old Tommy needs to get his a$$ on the field consistently... so, now we want to change the rules to cater for paper-cut turbo? SOO had nothing to do with the first 4 games this season and the plethora of games over the last two seasons

Maybe they deserve the opportunity for points in the same
3 - 2 - 1 format as the others get at club level for "that" round ?
Tommy would have collected 3 more from game 1 and played an equal amount of games.
The Real problem I have, is Manly will miss Turbo following Every SOO game, as hamstrings are non negotiable to back up in short succession....and I enjoy the novelty of SOO, but Manly is who I support first and foremost and far more important than ANY rep games, which should in fact be played at seasons end and not impact the NRL season

Injuries, skill, quality of team and team mates, IQ of judges, sobriety of judges, bias of Judges, bribes, off field discretions, on field fouls and suspension and bathroom health and safety are all factors to be negotiated on the road to a dally M ...

It's all too hard ... let's give everybody a participation M ....

Dally M are a bit of a w@nk anyway, how often have points been awarded to players because they are the media darling and not the best on field. Didn't someone admit awarding the points in a game even though they never watched the game.

Dally M are a bit of a w@nk anyway, how often have points been awarded to players because they are the media darling and not the best on field. Didn't someone admit awarding the points in a game even though they never watched the game.

Yes, Ruan Sims from memory.

She was playing in her own game, whilst also judging the players in a Manly game at another ground on the other side of the city, at the same time.

Quite a feat, when you think about it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8