RIP Rex Mossop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Moose is a legend. I loved it when he called our games for Channel 10. RIP mate, a great servant of the club.

The media use the "legend" tag to easily these days..... but Moose your truly were one.

Was he a life member of Manly Leagues/Footy club.

RIP Rex, thanks for all the memories

RIP Moose.
My thoughts go out to your family
A great man who will be very sadly missed.
Vale Rex

Growing up in the 70s, Rex Mossop WAS rugby league. It was merely an added bonus that he was Manly through and through.

A moron on social issues, but a legend of our great club and, along with Arko, arguably our greatest supporter.

DSM5 said:
A moron on social issues, but a legend of our great club and, along with Arko, arguably our greatest supporter.
The first part of your comment is pretty mean-spirited. If I can generalise, his outlook on social issues was very much in tune with many people (particularly men) of his generation.

Moose,

Thanks for the memories and they were great ones.

1972, 1973, 1976 and 1978 all called by the great one and admittedly one of ours.

silvertail said:
Moose,

Thanks for the memories and they were great ones.

1972, 1973, 1976 and 1978 all called by the great one and admittedly one of ours.

He was the TV commentator in the 1987 grand final as well.

Yes, but I was aged 7 to 13 between 1972 and 1978 and that was a glorious period to be a kid and a Manly supporter.

We ruled the rugby league world back then. Arko was envied and Moose was the main reason why people despised us.

Hasler is building our new dynasty and I guess that the Moose would be pleased with us taking top spot this weekend.

One of the great Manly players, along with Igor, Spud he was one of the toughest men to pull on the Maroon& White jumper. Hopefully the boys will be fired up on Monday to send off Rex with a big win against our old foe on Monday night

The club will never quite be the same again....a true icon of the manly Club. Seeing him still turning up to games well into his late 70's and beyond just added to the Brookie atmosphere for me.

In memory of Rex I'd like to listen to the theme music from the State Bank Big Game but I can't find it on the net. Can anyone help with a link or the name of the tune?

Good on ya Rex, as fair dinkum a bloke as you could find.

Bradza said:
In memory of Rex I'd like to listen to the theme music from the State Bank Big Game but I can't find it on the net. Can anyone help with a link or the name of the tune?

Good on ya Rex, as fair dinkum a bloke as you could find.

Used to have it on tape. Cant remember but Im thinking maybe Issac Hayes???

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2