• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Technical Coach said:
Manufacturing and labour intensive jobs die replaced with research development and servicing of such goods just a natural progression.

Japan went through the exact same issues from manufacturing cars, electronics etc along with America and Europe.

Love my "Japanese built" current generation Honda Accord Euro and the quality is amazing for the price point. Never understood the fascination with V6's and V8's along with fat arse SUV's(middle to upper class tosser cars)

The company i work for in the last 10yrs does not even purchase Holdens and Fords for fleet cars previously Toyota now the Mazda 6 which tells you something. (Hopefully the Mazda 6 is half as good as my Euro)

All in all the Japanese still design the most reliable cars on the market just hardly ever manufacture them anymore.

Mazda 6 is a piece of poo compared to the Euro, the Euro is a quiet achiever and comfortably matches some higher profile European cars on their lower price point - best car I have had

voicefromthehill said:
Technical Coach said:
Manufacturing and labour intensive jobs die replaced with research development and servicing of such goods just a natural progression.

Japan went through the exact same issues from manufacturing cars, electronics etc along with America and Europe.

Love my "Japanese built" current generation Honda Accord Euro and the quality is amazing for the price point. Never understood the fascination with V6's and V8's along with fat arse SUV's(middle to upper class tosser cars)

The company i work for in the last 10yrs does not even purchase Holdens and Fords for fleet cars previously Toyota now the Mazda 6 which tells you something. (Hopefully the Mazda 6 is half as good as my Euro)

All in all the Japanese still design the most reliable cars on the market just hardly ever manufacture them anymore.

Mazda 6 is a piece of poo compared to the Euro, the Euro is a quiet achiever and co for tablet matches some higher profile European cars on their lower price point - best car I have had

I feared this would be the case but have no choice lol, love the 6 Speed manual but sadly can't have two cars at home.

Was hoping the new Euro would be released this year so that i had the choice but there is nothing that grabs my attention at the moment so caved in to a company car.

Blame Dessie it is the salary package he is offering might head back to Brookie and fix our playing roster and attack if the price is right.

Technical Coach said:
voicefromthehill said:
Technical Coach said:

Mazda 6 is a piece of poo compared to the Euro, the Euro is a quiet achiever and co for tablet matches some higher profile European cars on their lower price point - best car I have had

I feared this would be the case but have no choice lol, love the 6 Speed manual but sadly can't have two cars at home.

Was hoping the new Euro would be released this year so that i had the choice but there is nothing that grabs my attention at the moment so caved in to a company car.

Blame Dessie it is the salary package he is offering might head back to Brookie and fix our playing roster and attack if the price is right.

A man has to make sacrifices ;)

On a side note, I love how the auto correct decided I wanted co for tablet instead of comfortably

Thank god the government stepped in and manipulated the auto-manufacturing industry. Those free market idiots have no idea!

A 10 year old Merc has as many if not more options and comfort than any of these falcodoors, mazdas and accords at a comparable or even cheaper price which shows how far ahead the Germans are in technology.

The accord Euro looks nice but just on the small side for a family.

More tragedy coming soon

http://mobile.news.com.au/technology/change-of-direction-for-holden/story-e6frfro0-1226669027828

Fluffy your forgetting the price differential between German and Australian cars,we hold our own against the heavyweights for a third of the cost

"Bogan" formula for a good car

Handling (out of ten)+Braking (meters to stop from 100kph must be under 50 or counted negatively)+ANCAP rating +acceleration to 100kph in microseconds (which is counted negatively if exceeds 9 full seconds) = a number unachievable by any front wheel drive ever due to lack of traction required for the strenuous criterion,car must be able to tow if required

Key criterion are handing,braking and acceleration and other criterion less of a consideration

While German cars will win in that number crunch as stated earlier the costs of Germans are excessive given they don't destroy Australian cars,they just shade them the therefore I shall be purchasing Ford's final Aussie and Holden's final car, most likely in the guise of a GT and a SV6 or Commodore S,both cars worthy of both carrying and protecting my wife and kids from the roads terrifying toll

I'm not going to pretend they will be completely safe but I will say they will be safer in those than any of the cramped spaces Asian cars have to offer

Oh and while I'm here on that ordered apology,to be fair you totally misinterpreted what I had wrote, I was merely suggesting you hadn't thought your choices through as much as you thought you had,I had hoped my words would be taken as cautionary instead of insulting,that said I won't insult your intelligence or my own with a token,meaningless apology because we both know it won't be heartfelt ,instead I'll apologize for my less than totally clear writing style that could be and was taken as an insult,thanks

Not forgetting any price difference - 30K for an E350 2005 which is safer than your 30K 2011 SV6.

Fluffy said:
Not forgetting any price difference - 30K for an E350 2005 which is safer than your 30K 2011 SV6.

How many KM has your 2005 done before purchase? how many other peoples problems have you bought with $30k,thats not even including the excessive costs for parts and maintenance,parts have to be imported from Germany,what underlying issue does the 2005 model have?

Not that i can talk,i bought a 2005 XR8 with 150k on the clock for $15.5k which is an excessive price but it has custom paint,interior and is a former Highway Patrol squad car so its perks are well worth the extra $3k i paid for it,i bought it as a placeholder waiting for the upcoming final model,it certainly brings a smile to my face getting into it

cherry_poppins said:
Fluffy said:

How many KM has your 2005 done before purchase? how many other peoples problems have you bought with $30k,thats not even including the excessive costs for parts and maintenance,parts have to be imported from Germany,what underlying issue does the 2005 model have?

Not that i can talk,i bought a 2005 XR8 with 150k on the clock for $15.5k which is an excessive price but it has custom paint,interior and is a former Highway Patrol squad car so its perks are well worth the extra $3k i paid for it,i bought it as a placeholder waiting for the upcoming final model,it certainly brings a smile to my face getting into it

From personal experience parts for holdens are effing expensive and annoying to source. Japanese and european cars have been cheap and easy in that regard

cherry_poppins said:
Fluffy said:

Kms are about 100-120Kms so yes more, however Mercs fall apart at 350K not 250K like Falcodores and Jap cars. Yes parts and servicing costs a little more, not as much as you might think though. Its the offset for greater safety and luxury.

I will point out that I drive a 99 Magna with 246Kms on the clock but am looking for a family sedan to do me the next 5 - 10 years in the 20 - 30K. Am basing my views from close friends and experience and Minimum Falcodore would be XR6/SV6 as the base models are bloody average.

Fluffy said:
cherry_poppins said:
Fluffy said:

Kms are about 100-120Kms so yes more, however Mercs fall apart at 350K not 250K like Falcodores and Jap cars. Yes parts and servicing costs a little more, not as much as you might think though. Its the offset for greater safety and luxury.

I will point out that I drive a 99 Magna with 246Kms on the clock but am looking for a family sedan to do me the next 5 - 10 years in the 20 - 30K. Am basing my views from close friends and experience and Minimum Falcodore would be XR6/SV6 as the base models are bloody average.

Cant speak for the commodore but the falcons are known to run over 600,000km as taxis,the part with the biggest issue is the differentials leave a fair bit to be desired which is disappointing to say the least,my reports are the diffs need to be rebuilt every 50,000km or so which is expensive as you need to remove the entire rear cradle.....also the 250 cross-flow is known to be a bulletproof engine up to diesel standards as far as durability goes

As for your personal experience with Holden Dan i have no concept on how it would be hard to source parts for Australia's 3rd most sold car,your commodore it was probably still at #2,i should add however i had a lot of trouble sourcing a Diff hat for my car after the apprentice at ford mangled it after changing a seal on said diff just to stop the leak,i would strongly advise against going to the ford dealer in Blacktown after my extensive search for a car lead me there,thanks internet for my 45 minute drive,the sales team can't be faulted but the service team are a joke,i had to personally find and pick the part up and only after 3 weeks was i given a courtesy car which was a poor car to say the least

So the slow death continues on

The last falcon ute has left the production line

It's laughable this free trade agreement, Thailand still has tarrifs on imported vehicles meaning against the stupid number of thai polished turds we've had land in Australia the Territory has only had 100 units go the other way

So they protect their automotive industry long after we've let ours die a slow death and soon all you'll be able to buy is thai lemons like the Ranger

Ford are replacing our hero car with a lemon on the Mustang that couldn't keep up with the NSW police test, but we only get the bottom of the barrel so no good stangs will be coming here

World class cars being replaced by **** anyone with any automotive knowledge would want

Those who've allowed this industry to die should be charged with high treason and punished accordingly

We're past the point of no return now,i don't understand the draw these high pollution turbo diesel lemons have on people, perhaps bigger taller car does in fact have a 1:1 correlation with the size of the owners member, ugly gutless with horrid milage and high particulate count,oh cool i can go off-road but not really,look at my shiny dick yay a backseat that isn't fit for a dog

Perhaps it's not only Australia dying but the western world whose too busy nice to other cultures to realise the strife it's found itself in

When's bogan round in the nrl? We have breast cancer, bridge the gap, 2 past glory rounds, superhero round, when's white dad round where everyone is deliberately unfashionable? Or centrelink round where all the grog you can buy is vb longnecks? Maccas round? Nope **** the west, **** us

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6