Right side Left side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To me the superiority of the right side attack this year has mostly been a question of injured/suspended personnel on the left. T-Rex and Foz in particular are going to be critical there, and not having them has limited the opportunities (as the alternative) of the outside backs on that side.

But does anyone have any other theories on whether something's going wrong or could be better over that side?

One thing is I think we need to up our scoring a bit esp. in the first half of games, so more conversions of attacking raids would be good.

No Matai as well. I think he was pretty used to plating with Robertson, too. Take the creative player out, 2 of the muscle players out, and then replace the finisher, and it's not gonna look pretty for a while.

I still have grave doubts about Taufa. I don;t think he is a winger. He doesn't contest the bombs, which is now the most important aspect of a winger's play. We were lucky against Illawarra that Soward only landed one decent bomb - and then it wasn't contest by Jorge. Fortunately, Foz and he managed to hold up the Illawarra winger.

I'm sure there is a more apt position for Taufa to play.

Ian Martin tragic said:
To me the superiority of the right side attack this year has mostly been a question of injured/suspended personnel on the left. T-Rex and Foz in particular are going to be critical there, and not having them has limited the opportunities (as the alternative) of the outside backs on that side.

But does anyone have any other theories on whether something's going wrong or could be better over that side?

One thing is I think we need to up our scoring a bit esp. in the first half of games, so more conversions of attacking raids would be good.
The left side attack plays through the line whereas the right side attack is designed to get around the defence.
Without T Rex & Foz its been more Buhrer aiming at the left edges & Matai using that step to burst through, apart from the mismatch against Brisbane where he beat out of position Gillett on the outside all night.
Both left & right sides complement each other at full strength & when all are fit the points should flow.

Matai was in the top 10 for line breaks last week so clearly he is dangerous out there and has been underutilized.

Now Williams has signed elsewhere, I would be making a slight change in our structure while he is out

To accommodate T Rex on the left, we moved Watmough to a middle of the park role, and he has been enormous doing that while also sacrificing his own play a bit.
Now I would look to move him back across to his old spot on the edge alongside Matai and start to use him a lot more as an explosive hole runner running off Foran.
Harrison has shown me enough the past month to think that he is capable of filling that middle third role in our side

Yep move Choc back out on the fringe now that Trex is going, Choc will kill it out there. :)

Yes KE harrison is growing taller and more confident each week.

choc out wide for now, but bring t-rex back to do the wrecking ball gig if he ever gets back on the field. we want to squeeze what we can out of him for this year.

Ian Martin tragic said:
Yes KE harrison is growing taller and more confident each week.

choc out wide for now, but bring t-rex back to do the wrecking ball gig if he ever gets back on the field. we want to squeeze what we can out of him for this year.
With Choc it may appear a sacrifice to his linebreak ability running close to the ruck, but whilst he is attacking the middle of the park he is creating a roll on effect & massive space out wide with those quick play the balls. For mine it works out equivilent in damage either way, but can see the merit in his current role.
Williams should stay wider on the edges, where he has earned the highest representitve honours for this role & he will.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7