Ridiculous semi rule a joke.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
there is a huge chance we run top 4 in this comp.Our prize will very likely be to play the tigers at the SFS,one of their home grounds and the place they play their home game against the steelers this week.

North Qld,Brisbane and Melbourne on the other hand get a nice little home game with a one town build up and the usual home ground penalty count even if they finish behind us.

If they are going to do this and disadvantage sydney sides in the top four then the fairest way by far is to

-play all the semis at SFS and Suncorp only(great grounds),piss ANZ off till GF.
-if a QLD side is higher ranked they play at Suncorp.
-go to the AFL model so the top four get their advantage via a double chance and not via a home game.This makes for more even contest in week 1 as well.

Brisbane may get a slight advantage re Suncorp but over the years visiting sides have always managed to lift at that venue.

Under the current method Melbourne may play every semi at home and Manly may play against tigers and saints at grounds that are virtually a home base even if we run top two.It is a joke.

This is the same bias as the Salary Cap for One Team Towns. The Corporates have only one avenue to publicise themselves.

Along with the so called Third Party Payments that alleviate the limitations Sydney Teams face to augment their Salary Cap and keep Players that they have nurtured.

Play the game at ANZ if it bothers you that much btw we played the Broncos at Suncorp as a home game too

It doesn't bother me. If we finish top 2 we should be good enough to beat the 7th placed team anywhere. I have no doubts that Manly would have won, and won well had Friday nights game been a finals match. They will lift in intensity when there is more at stake.

bones said:
It doesn't bother me. If we finish top 2 we should be good enough to beat the 7th placed team anywhere. I have no doubts that Manly would have won, and won well had Friday nights game been a finals match. They will lift in intensity when there is more at stake.
what a load of crap???? wasnt the minor premiership a big carrot we are on the outer.....like last year.

mr seagles said:
bones said:
what a load of crap???? wasnt the minor premiership a big carrot we are on the outer.....like last year.

You would be one of the people to write them off when they lost to Souths in 2008. If you think they are gone mate , its simple, don't watch them anymore. Not many people will care if you are there or not. Let the people who believe they are a chance enjoy the rest of the season. I have a suspicion you will be back on the bandwagon come finals time acting as if you had faith all along.
The minor premiership is a very small carrot compared to the premiership.

How are we on the outer? It's not like we squandered a 2O point lead like St George did!

bones said:

Agree DES actually hinted it was a bit early to be at top form at this time of year a couple of weeks ago

100K carrot is the same as an extra 333 GA tickets at each home game, its not really that much

susan said:
there is a huge chance we run top 4 in this comp.Our prize will very likely be to play the tigers at the SFS,one of their home grounds and the place they play their home game against the steelers this week.

North Qld,Brisbane and Melbourne on the other hand get a nice little home game with a one town build up and the usual home ground penalty count even if they finish behind us.

If they are going to do this and disadvantage sydney sides in the top four then the fairest way by far is to

-play all the semis at SFS and Suncorp only(great grounds),piss ANZ off till GF.
-if a QLD side is higher ranked they play at Suncorp.
-go to the AFL model so the top four get their advantage via a double chance and not via a home game.This makes for more even contest in week 1 as well.

Brisbane may get a slight advantage re Suncorp but over the years visiting sides have always managed to lift at that venue.

Under the current method Melbourne may play every semi at home and Manly may play against tigers and saints at grounds that are virtually a home base even if we run top two.It is a joke.

I like the AFL model,where the top 4 are guaranteed to be there in the next week.Now,with suburban home ground advantages taken away,there should be some sort of reward for a Sydney team (and the others,but they still get their home ground final) finishing in the top 4.

This competition is anything but an even playing field. I hope the independent commission can take away some of the bias from Brisbane and Melbourne, in particular.

Until everyone plays everyone twice, once at home and once away, the competition will never be a fair one. I can't imagine any other major sporting competition anywhere in the world to be run that way.

bones said:
Until everyone plays everyone twice, once at home and once away, the competition will never be a fair one. I can't imagine any other major sporting competition anywhere in the world to be run that way.

1. English Premier League
2. All US sports (baseball, gridiron, ice hockey, basketball) but they have divisions, with the top two team getting into a final series

Our comp is a joke. We have the Cows getting to play every home game on a Saturday night, Broncos every Friday night, and other clubs telling the NRL who they want to play.

Where else but the NRL?

I don't like the fact that you play 26 weeks of footy, and those rankings only hold for 1 week of the finals. I would prefer that the higher ranked side from the regular season holds home ground advantage all the way through until the GF

I find it ridiculous that a side can scrape into the finals in 8th spot, jag a win and then have home ground advantage the next weekend, especially if it is the Warriors for example and a side that has done better than them all season suddenly has to hop across the ditch for week 2

Kiwi Eagle said:
I don't like the fact that you play 26 weeks of footy, and those rankings only hold for 1 week of the finals. I would prefer that the higher ranked side from the regular season holds home ground advantage all the way through until the GF

I find it ridiculous that a side can scrape into the finals in 8th spot, jag a win and then have home ground advantage the next weekend, especially if it is the Warriors for example and a side that has done better than them all season suddenly has to hop across the ditch for week 2

Agreed. But Manly, Illawarra and Cronulla can never have a home advantage the way things are now. . . not that the sharks will ever be able to use one.

I just don't see how Manly can complain when they choose to take two home games away from Brookie during the season. . If home ground advantage is so important then all 12 home games should be at Brookie.

Just go with the AFL finals system - it is much fairer to sides finishing in the top positions.

If you look at their premiers since the new system came in, they have all been from the top 4. The NRL on the other hand has been all over the place. Gallop likes this because it has delivered premierships and grand final appearances to a lot of different teams, but in reality it means all you have to do is win enough games to be around the top 8, and then hit form at the right time of the year.

This dilutes the point of the regular season games, even more so given the large number of rounds.

bones said:
I just don't see how Manly can complain when they choose to take two home games away from Brookie during the season. . If home ground advantage is so important then all 12 home games should be at Brookie.

So many delicious tears over a club trying to stay afloat

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4