Ricky Plots Revenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
League: Kangaroos coach already plots revenge

SYDNEY - New Kangaroos coach Ricky Stuart has wasted no time plotting Australia's league redemption.

Although the National Rugby League kick-off is seven weeks away and the Anzac test a blip on the horizon, Stuart has put players on notice that they are under consideration for the May 5 test at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium, where Australia hope to avenge their Tri-Nations title loss to the Kiwis last November.

Stuart has named an initial 40-man squad to meet in Sydney next weekend, including many established internationals. But he has also got an eye for the future by naming promising players including Anthony Tupou (Roosters) and Melbourne teenager Greg Inglis.

Inglis, who turned 19 this week, was also named by selectors in a squad for an emerging Queensland State of Origin camp.

The fullback made his first-grade debut only last season, appearing in 13 games for the Storm alongside rookie Kiwis' wing Jake Webster.

Inglis was one of five Melbourne players named in the squad, alongside Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Michael Crocker and Matt King.

Brisbane had four players - Darren Lockyer, Petero Civoniceva, Brent Tate and Shaun Berrigan - selected but they have already been ruled out by club officials as it clashes with a camp the club has already scheduled.

Andrew Johns, Penrith half Craig Gower and Knights hooker Danny Buderus are also unavailable and players from Wests Tigers were excluded as they will be in England for the World Club Challenge.

Notable inclusions were Cronulla prop Ben Ross, Penrith fullback Rhys Wesser and Sydney Roosters' Braith Anasta and Ashley Harrison.

Cronulla halfback Brett Kimmorley, dropped after the opening game of last year's Origin series, has also been named.

- NZPA

DOH !!! No Bell, Orford, Watmough, Kite, Menzies etc etc.

Ashley harrison. What a surprise now that he plays for the Rorters. I am surpised that Ryan cross and Brett Finch didn't get a run as well.

Mark my words greg inglis is going to be a superstar!!

I been watching him in the queensland cup up here for ages, he will be worth every cent melbourne have paid for him... billy slater may find himself out of a spot in the future!

Australian squad (by club):-

Bulldogs: Andrew Ryan, Mark O'Meley, Willie Mason, Willie Tonga

Cronulla: Ben Ross, Brett Kimmorley

Manly: Brent Kite, Steve Menzies

Melbourne: Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Greg Inglis, Matt King, Michael Crocker

Newcastle: Clint Newton, Steve Simpson

New Zealand Warriors: Steve Price

North Queensland: Carl Webb, Johnathan Thurston, Luke O'Donnell, Matt Bowen

Parramatta: Eric Grothe, Nathan Hindmarsh, Tim Smith, Timana Tahu

Penrith: Rhys Wesser, Trent Waterhouse, Luke Lewis

St George Illawarra: Ashton Sims, Ben Creagh, Ben Hornby, Dean Young, Jason Ryles, Luke Bailey, Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Trent Barrett

South Sydney: John Sutton

Sydney Roosters: Anthony Tupou, Ashley Harrison, Braith Anasta, Craig Fitzgibbon, Craig Wing, Ryan Cross, Anthony Minichiello

How in the world can Tupou, Clint Newton,Tim Smith and Sutton be in the squad ahead of Orford and Watmough, albeit I do have a lot of respect for Smith and Sutton. Rick Stuart, you are a deadset tos*ser.

LoL - Look at the 9th / 10th placed Roosters...I'm surprised J Monaghan isn't there. I'd include less fullbacks as well...we all know who that will be. My squad would be:-

01. Anthony Minichello
02. Timana Tahu
03. Mark Gasnier
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Eric Growthe
06. Darren Lockyer
07. Andrew Johns
08. Mark O'Mealey
09. Danny Buderus
10. Luke Bailey
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Craig Wing
15. Jason Ryles
16. Andrew Ryan
17. Brent Kite

Whilst a few of those mentioned are a little surprising I am not too shocked with the majority of the squad. Many are good up and comers. Orford probably should be there but most of the players mentioned were given big wraps by the independent observers last year. Watmough should definitely be in the company. There are lots of fringe players who with good form this year will come into calculations.

The biggest shock is that Jason King isn't there! :lol:

If the The Sydney Roosters could ever be described as a "family" club then the only word for the naming of some of those (other than Minichello) in the squad is.....nepotism.

I hope Orford has a "special" performance in line for when we meet The Roosters to prove young Ricky wrong. I'm sure Watmough will be feeling the same.

I'll scratch up 4 points now shall I?

Whoever has the Australian Coach as their club coach is always at a disadvantage, because fringe players will always try that little bit harder to impress on the day the player plays his team...LoL

And the Roosters have lost a HOST of forwards already.

Clint Newton really stepped up for Newie last year in the absence of BK, valid selection imo

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4