Retro Pics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’d love a hi-res copy of the logo used in my avatar if anyone has it. I pinched it from an old Scanlens card.

Probably off topic but why isn’t there a push to move back to this image as primary logo?
466D94F2-ACE4-42DE-9CFC-3230CD33D398.jpeg

The most elegant in sport. Needs to be brought back.

Loving these guys. Thanks. Hopefully i will scan stuff out of my late 70s Manly scrapbook and put them up. Would be great to have some more obscure players. Someone mentioned Wayne Honeywood. How about some pics of Martin Meredith, Fred Teasdell or maybe even Ed Planten. Gotta be some great ones on old footy cards.

People can go on and on about his crap play, but my christ he’s aged ok.

As an example do we wanto to keep this sort of posts or bin them ( i like them but can understand why people could get frustrated if they are looking for pics)

Great photos. Frank Hyde would often rant that we had a team of internationals in reserve grade. Anyone got any team lists to support that position?
Really think that this notion and perception was definitely overplayed and not the reality for most and certain past era 's for Manly . Only time that i can recall Manly having a few internationals in reserve grade at the time would have been around the 1982 season when forwards like Dave Brown , Ray Brown , Bruce Walker and maybe Paul McCabe and even Max Krilich may have or did have the occasional stint there . With players like Boyd . Vautin , Igor, Gerrard also in the pack then , naturally did mean that some very good players could find themselves in reserve grade at the time but this situation was again quite an isolated occurrence over all from previous eras . Also recall that Choppy Close was in Manly 's 87 reserve grade G F side but again this over blown claim that Manly regularly had reserve grade sides including quite a few internationals in prior eras was and is a bit of a fallacy really . The great Saints and Souths sides of the Fifties and Sixties seemed to have a higher proportion of internationals in their reserve grade sides to put things into better perspective . But certainly yes definitely agree , some great memorabilia and great times already featured in this thread .

International Lionel Williamson trying to tackle Bob Fulton. Not sure but the one behind might be Gary Sullivan for the Bluebags
My guess is Barry Cox, anyone any ideas on the Manly bloke far left.
I've got a few ideas, but could it be Zorba?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2