RESULTS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
We could be very low on the table after this weekend. Regardless of how good / bad we play, we need results. Canberra were competative last year, and ended up coming 2nd last or something.

Positives - Matai is playing better.

The lowest I can see us going to is 9th, and that's only if both the Sharks and Storm win. Chances are we'll still be in the top 8 at the end of the round.

Round six, and we are already relying on other games to remain in the top 50% of the competition. Strap yourselves in for a LONG season lads...

Round six, where there is only 4 points separating 2nd from 13th, would be 14th if the Warriors didn't start on -4. Funny how the opinions of people on this site can change on the basis of one very tight game.

Round six, where there is only 4 points separating 2nd from 13th, would be 14th if the Warriors didn't start on -4. Funny how the opinions of people on this site can change on the basis of one very tight game.

Like the title of the thread says mate - RESULTS are all that matters. I again refer you to Canberra last year, who lost 5-6 games b less than 6.

We are paying a player like Andrew Johns is being paid. I don't see that same arrogant dominance Johns holds over a game.

After a decade of losing, "we tried really hard" methodoligy just doesn't roll anymore.

I agree with you on the fact that we should have won this match, but it's a case of 'If only...'. The fact is, that on a whole, we did play well, it's just those stupid penalties and errors that's been a nuisance the entire season so far. It's up to Des to talk some sense into the boys. It all depends on how we turn up next week against the Dogs. I'd rather us clean up that asset of our game quickly and lose the game next week, than still hold down in the play-the-ball, backchat etc. and win the game if it costs us in matches later on. As long as we continue to improve (this game wasn't much of an improvement though) and play our best footy at the end of the season around finals time, I'll be happy.

I will be interested to see the replay of this game & if ill discipline and a few errors/penalties are the cause of the loss I will still be heartened. I get the sense that this team has a lot of improvement in it, & we may well peak at the business end of the season instead of last years fall away effort.

I guess some people on here take a loss harder than others.

Look - to be honest - I can't complain too much - I got laid 5 minutes after the match, so got to release a lot of tension...

Look - to be honest - I can't complain too much - I got laid 5 minutes after the match, so got to release a lot of tension...
yeah ,Chard rd is only 5 mins from the oval isnt it ??

Ryan, a man that got lucky that quickly after the game should be a little more relaxed :D
Give this season more time before you throw in the towel. I don't know where we'll finish on the ladder but I reckon we look like a team that'll win more games than we lose, and that's always a good start.
We were very good last night. The problem is we were also very, very bad (like the little girl that had a little curl). We matched the Dragons but ultimately gave them the game. The game itself was a high-quality affair, played with great speed and intensity.
The Fox commentators kept going on about how it was the best game they'd seen so far this season, how it felt like a semi-final and how they wouldn't be surprised if the two teams played each other in the finals series. We'll have to wait and see.

Gee we were a top 4 possibility last week now we talking missing out on the 8. lol

Still early days, disappointing loss but we will be back again next week.

1 major positive for me was that we pretty much contained their star studded (4 origin reps) backline. I was really nervous that they would tear us apart out wide but they didnt.

They were still down TWO Australian props. If they played, we would have been torn apart out wide.

we dont know that, we contained Price and Wiki last weekend and those 2 are definately better than Ryles.

anyways doesnt mean much as they didnt play so we will never know.

The fact of the matter is if we had a bit better for and against we'd be 4th!!

Settle down Ryan.. look at the team coming 4th (the roosters) i'll tell you now they ain't gonna be there at the end of the season they are going like a bag of **** .... the comp is really tight at the moment as the season wears on we will gauge where we are at a bit better... nothing is seperating the teams at the moment but in time the teams that are going to make the 8 will start drifting away from the rest.... still early days!!

As gus said this morning... it is a bit unfair that Manly are on the same competition points as canberra... it's chalk and cheese how the teams are playing... class will provail!!

so you stopped in at Chard rd after the game Ryan :dance:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8