Resting players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
I think it could be a good idea to give a few players a game off in the next two weeks. I reckon Foran, Watmough and maybe Gift could use one.

If Brissy lose on Monday, that'd give us 2nd spot (and the shot at a week off) irrespective. So maybe.

Watmough and Foran i think both need one the most, we need these two back at peak fitness because imo they are running low on gas.

Listening to comments last night about Cronulla's Townsend having trouble with the high intencity and grind of 1st grade, I did think Foran maybe in the same basket. The players and coach would never admit it (or rest them IMO), but you do get the feeling a cpl could use a rest before the finals.

NO WAY. We need everyone on deck and playing for their lives from now on. We have possibly 5 games to win the premiership from now. Keep them all out there until the season is done. Resting players is a recipie for disaster.

We have to put on our Knights hat and hope they do the work for us.

I agree with the resting. Dont know Des will do it considering were playing Melbourne on Friday.

Losing to them at full strength could damage confidences too.

I don't agree in resting players, mabye Foran and Choc need to be rested at training.

I don't think were playing with enough cohesion to even entertain resting players at this point.

we have absoluty zero chance of getting a single call our way in brisbane as well as them having everything to play for = a great week to blood some new players

nodd said:
They are proffesional football players !

Why do they need a rest?

It's their job.

So you don't tire at your work? I admire you!

I always need mental health days :D

KaZa said:
nodd said:

Why do they need a rest?

It's their job.

Yes some of us do tire at work.

But We don't get a day off because we feel tired.

KaZa said:
nodd said:

Why do they need a rest?

It's their job.

Some of us work two jobs and don't get a rest.

No one will be rested. Its too late now to rest players especially with the next 2 games being so big. If we were playing canberra maybe but not against the storm and brizzie. Too much momentum to lose

Maybe after melbourne being a friday night game give the players a couple of days off training if they win. That would be a great incentive and more plausible

nodd said:
KaZa said:
nodd said:

Why do they need a rest?

It's their job.

KaZa said:
nodd said:

Why do they need a rest?

It's their job.

Show off:D If you want a rest now & then you can always give me one of them jobs..

KaZa said:
We have to put on our Knights hat and hope they do the work for us.

I agree with the resting. Dont know Des will do it considering were playing Melbourne on Friday.

Losing to them at full strength could damage confidences too.

Knights should be fired right up for this.A win keeps them 2 ahead of souffs.It also increases their F/A if it comes down to a deadlock.And,as you say,it would ALMOST guarantee us 2nd spot.

jjai said:
nodd said:
KaZa said:
nodd said:

Why do they need a rest?

It's their job.

KaZa said:
nodd said:

Why do they need a rest?

It's their job.

Show off:D If you want a rest now & then you can always give me one of them jobs..

You can have em both! So long as I still get the pay.

Regardless of whether these games mean anything with respect to our final position on the ladder, there is absolutely no reason to rest players. These games provide some of the younger players, in particular the halves, some vital preparation for finals footy. It's a shame that the massive game between Manly and the scum right before the finals could be a dead rubber but it will give DCE, Foran, Buhrer, etc an idea of what they are to expect in coming weeks. They need full focus, the season only goes for another 6 weeks and they want to make sure they are there at the end. Games against 1st and 3rd are the best possible preparation we could want going into what is going to be a very intense finals series. If they play hard, they can get a rest in 3 weeks after we win week 1 of the finals.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6