Rest Snake next week.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Whether Snake is fit or not, he should be rested.

I have full confidence in Hiku to be at the back next week with us beating the Sharks. Plus Carney is no where near 100% for them.

And if Snake is right to go for Souths game, I wouldn't mind seeing Hiku on the bench IMO.

Thoughts?

Well I do think we should beat the Sharks with or without him but yes if he's fit he plays. Hiku was great last night but there were a couple of moments that you could see a fit Snake may have made the difference in some of our plays whereas Hiku was a little hesitant.

Kiwi Eagle said:
the mauler said:
There are rumours going around that Snake is gone for the season.

Toovey also said pre game that he would be ready to go whenever our next game was
He also said it was precautionary after Melbourne game. If it was only precautionary he would've played last night. We will have to wait and see.

If he is right to play next week he must play, its an elimination final. Its clear we struggle to score points without him. Our winning record with him in the team compared to without him is quite telling.

Not if we want to score a point. Seems we don't know how to if he doesn't play. Our halves need him. With or without snake manly has one of the best defences in the NRL. Without snake their attack isn't in the top 10 in the NRL. No snake no win. He must play.

As I said in the other post my mail was he wouldn't play last night and he would be minimal chance to play next week ,so far he was spot on ,I was told Weds he was out

Bones is spot on. Our attack doesn't seem to fire with Snake out.
It's a knock out game. Can't rest players hoping we beat the Sharks. That's a terrible mind set before a game.

even though the stats are true and snake is a great asset...

our line up last night was great , we have great skillful players if we cant score without snake with likes of - DCE , Lyon,Foran ,Matai then there is a BIG problem that needs to be addressed... other teams would love to have these players in their team.

Watching the game so long , its the job of the halves to create and backs to finish , last night we struggled to create, Lyon was the only one that looked dangerous in the first half creating room for the wolfman.

i know we all love snake and his great but we cant keep saying if we had snake we would of won ( true or not ) , with this backline we should be able to find a way to score if his not on the park..

Snake just has that little bit extra which enables us to get around that last defender or lay off that final decisive pass ,and we missed that last night ,if we played any other team last night we would of put 30 on them without snake with the amount of chances we had !!! good as we played we stillmissed him

Im sure the club, the trainers, the doctors will be doing everything under the sun (that's legal), to get Snake's hamstring right. Or at least good enough to play 60 minutes of footy.

If Manly get into a winning position in the Sharkies match, then pull Snake off .. . . rest leg. Peta can finish the match.

The next week, we'll be playing the Wabbits. The wabbits are backed by the NRL, the media, the refs, and it will be a difficult, if not impossible to beat them at ANZ.

This week, also, Choc should not train until Wednesday.

Mitch said:
, it's a tough decision to make in relation to playing him next week as its sudden death, but obviously his hamstring cannot be anything other than 100% or else it will be one week back and his next game will be in 2014.
If he doesnt/cant play Friday, likely the whole team's next game will be in 2014.

These injuries must be driving Brett crazy.

Brissie Kid said:
Todd Carney can barely walk but he will play.
If he's on one leg I hope he does play. Fullback is a vastly different position though, far too much running is required to go in unfit.

Hiku was brilliant last night. Hence his MOM.
I can't help but think though, that when DCE plays that chip over the top and Foz passes inside to a Rooster, that if Snake was on the field that would have been him receiving that ball and not the Rooster.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4