Rest players against Penrith?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
We are in a great position at the moment. The other 3 big teams play before us next weekend. They are all quality teams, but one of are likely to come out of round 26 in worse shape than the other 2 leading into the first week of the semis.

In the past, our approach has been to give the last rounds 100 per cent effort, and that has worked well for us, landing psychological victories along the way.

I feel this year is different and a golden opportunity for us against Penrith. We should hold off finalising our team until after Souths, roosters and Melbourne have played. Will be more obvious at that point who we would want to play in the first semi. May make sense to field a close to reserve grade team next week. All depends on how healthy the other 3 teams will be. Imagine Souths in the first semi without Inglis, Melbourne without Slater or Roosters without SBW. Makes sense that we manoeuvre to play whichever of these teams will be weaker.

2v will make the call after the Easts v Souths demolition derby :p

Manly Players need to rest, that Trophy is pretty heavy to lug around the Stadium :D

Yes. It doesn't matter if we finish 3rd or 4th - we'll beat both Easts and Souffs.
So, I'd be happy if we gave a few players a rest. Kite was outstanding tonight, coming back from injury. So he'd be one.
Let's give Gower, Sao, Chisholm a chance to show their wares.

TBH, the 'riff arent playing for much, so hoopefully they have given up for the year.

I would be resting any player with injuries e.g snake, choc, etc.. Dont want to lose them going into the finals.

I would contemplate taking a spare half and giving DCE and Foz a rest during the game. Or not playing them at all.

Snake and Choc definitely shouldn't play. Would love Trbojevic and/or Gutherson to be given a run

This idea has merit. Id rest -

*Choc (replaced by T Symonds)
*Snake (replaced by P Hiku)
*Kite (replaced by J Hasson or L Sao)

I know Kite had a week or two out injured but he is no spring chicken anymore. He's played tough all year. Another week off might be what his body needs.
I would even consider resting Matai and Ballin too. Just to freshen them up for a tough finals campaign.

Yeah me too.
He's gotten better over the years, like a nice bottle of red. His passing/link game and general play is great for our team. I think it will be very noticeable when he is not there next year.

Certainly rest those that need a break/carrying niggles.

We are in a unique position in that we can basically determine who we are going to play in week 1.

The other bonus is the Riff is no longer playing for position so they won't be knocking themselves out.

100% !!!! perfect opportunity to give those a rest that need it...

help repair those injuries and get ready in 2 weeks..

I'd say Brett won't play, nor will Choc or JB. However, Kite should be given the chance to play in his final home game at Brookvale.
Hiku to fullback, Tom "the Dragon" Symonds into the starting side and Gower to the bench to cover for him.

Daddycool said:
I'd say Brett won't play, nor will Choc or JB. However, Kite should be given the chance to play in his final home game at Brookvale.
Hiku to fullback, Tom "the Dragon" Symonds into the starting side and Gower to the bench to cover for him.

This is probably how it will pan out

If Melbourne lose on Saturday. I would rest en masse. If they win. I'd rest choc, snake and kite.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6