Reserve Grade Performances?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Having a go is great, a skill set behind it is greater. Leary had his chance, he is solid but he is a intrust cup player. If he is in our 17 we are going nowhere

Agree, but this year we haven't had a 17 we have had a 31. All hands on deck and even I was looking for my boots. Give the kid some credit. Not all players make the jump up to first grade. The ones that try and fall short are just as entitled to respect.

Been waiting for that , he hasn't had much game time , and possibly doesn't deserve it , but getting thrown into a game in the 70th minute ( when he gets the occasional chance) isn't exactly conducive to producing your best footy.

But perhaps hasn't been performing in the Reggies to deserve it.

Oh well maybe I can't pick em all.
Marko, he is a trier but FMD, we can't carry a trier from here on in. We are back in the pack and he will not cut it from here on in. He is a goer but

Marko, he is a trier but FMD, we can't carry a trier from here on in. We are back in the pack and he will not cut it from here on in. He is a goer but

I doubt he'll be re-signed for 2017 so it's probably a moot point, some kids succeed, some don't!!

Agree, but this year we haven't had a 17 we have had a 31. All hands on deck and even I was looking for my boots. Give the kid some credit. Not all players make the jump up to first grade. The ones that try and fall short are just as entitled to respect.
Yep I agree. I am a fan, he has done 1000 times better than me.

He played one full game and won our MVP.

Perhaps not a superstar but a victim of very little game time to establish himself.

Anyway he'll be gone in 2017 no doubt!

Mate, I will tell you something about myself. I love it when a no name comes along and has a ****ing blinder. Especially when the club is down on troops. I can name a hundred of these types Jughead, Mule, Pocock, OJ, Dunford, Collela, Willoughby, ....the list goes on & on. Leary has not, and will not fit that category

Mateo has been put on the bench in Reserve Grade (you can say InTrust Super Cup all you want. It's Reserve Grade).

Can anyone pinpoint why his form seems to have dropped?

That's a very good question.

He was on the 'to go' list in 2015 and for some reason hasn't recovered from this kick in the guts. With all the injuries we've had, there's certainly been plenty of opportunities for Mateo to be picked and at times we could've used him.

I can't help but think he did or didn't do something and has been stamped 'never to return to (Manly) 1st grade' (sort of like what happened to Wolfie after his misdemeanour). Perhaps it was a weight issue but nonetheless I feel a bit sorry for him.

Rugby league forum mate.bit off topic. Jog on

Sorry mate. Just assumed that if you can look down from your ivory tower and preach about critising people, that you never do the same.

Whether its rugby league or not is completely irrelevent.

But I'm sure you aren't a hypocrite...right?

Been waiting for that , he hasn't had much game time , and possibly doesn't deserve it , but getting thrown into a game in the 70th minute ( when he gets the occasional chance) isn't exactly conducive to producing your best footy.

But perhaps hasn't been performing in the Reggies to deserve it.

Oh well maybe I can't pick em all.

It's all right Mark, I told everyone about Aaron Groom (15 years ago)

So does anybody know if Mateo and burgess will play reggies today or not, as they have apparently signed with salford

You would think not. Salford wouldn't want them getting injured. Now they are off we probably get more out of giving some kids a game. Reggies won't play finals.

You would think not. Salford wouldn't want them getting injured. Now they are off we probably get more out of giving some kids a game. Reggies won't play finals.
Will be interesting to see if Meehan plays as he was named last week but didn't play but is not named this week .

I understand the sentiment regarding Leary coming on with little game time, but rugby league is littered with players who can come on late and have an impact. For starters he can stop doing stuff like chip kicking from dummy half when the team is bogged down in their own half and up by 2. Or how about pushing a player over in the ruck while standing right next to the sticks, again when his team is up by 2. Then there is the stupid penalties he seems determined to give away by laying all over the tackled player. None of these things are a result of limited game time but a result of a player clearly out of his depth.

Another ordinary display 28 to 12 with22 mins remaining.

Goodinet stretcher off, another manly player currently getting stretched off - not sure who knight in sin bin.

Hoppa has scored our only tries - him and knight best fit us.

No Feliti and burgess- Isaac John not up to this game let alone NRL.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8