Reserve Grade depth and experience concerns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm really concerned about the lack of depth and experience in our Reserve Grade team. I know Ballin and Cuthbo have been thrown around, but these are just young guys who will hopefully develop into decent 1st Grade players. I'm talking about 20-25 game vets, who know what 1st Grade is about, and who we can throw into 1st Grade at a moments notice. It appears most other Clubs are able to do this (ie Parra, Tigers, Dragons). We don't have any. I know that they have bigger junior bases than we do, but it's still a major concern.

Players who could step up in my opinion:-

George Rose
Michael Witt
Travis Burns
Adam Cuthbertson
Mailangi Styles
Matt Ballin
Glenn Stewart
Nathan Tutt
Jason Wells
Kane Cleal

Add to ryans list
Michael Robertson
Sean Meaney
Mark Lennon
Clint Halden

Could all handle first grade given most of the team around them isnt from PL

Kyle Arnold was noths PL captain last year - Bryant was the same at canberra and look at him now.

Ryan

Styles & Cleal are rubbish from what I have seen.

What happend to Sione bloke? Is he injured or just didnt get a run last weekend.

Kyle Arnold has been injured sicne the first trial anyone know when he is due back?

My worry is that we have few options in the Centres with the departure of Loopy Alberts.

The reserve grade centres aren't up to it, Matai worries me and there isn't much at all in the Cupboard.

The only options are either Hicks or Steppa to move into the centres and maybe robertson or meaney onto the wing.

Gee Wiz (thnx Ryan) I hope Manly are on the market for a decent centre this year.

I'm not saying they couldn't step up. But I'm talking about seasoned 1st Grade vets who could fill in if required. We simply don't know what these guys would do if thrown into 1st Grade.

I'm not saying they couldn't step up. But I'm talking about seasoned 1st Grade vets who could fill in if required. We simply don't know what these guys would do if thrown into 1st Grade.

I am not sure how the PL cap works but I was thinking that perhaps this lack of experience was why Willow & Dunley were signed for 2 extra years so that by late this year or early next year they would be in PL most of the time but would be capable fill ins for 1st grade when required. Not sure what money they are on or how contracts were structured so this is just conjecture

The top 25 players in a club need to fit into the Salary Cap. There is a secondary salary cap applying to other players in the club though I don't know the exact amount.

Last year ST G were fined for exceeding their secondary cap thought it was virtually a slap on the wrist.

I don't know how clubs like the rorters and others manage to sign so many young players and bring them to Sydney, staying under the secondary cap - but they do it well.

Tutt, Halden and Lennon....no.

No doubt good players, but not week in week out NRL standaerd. They've had plenty of time and when they are in Manly 1st grade in 2006-Manly will be in trouble.

As for the remainder of names - I hope to see as many as possible make grade on their merits

Tutt, Halden and Lennon....no.

No doubt good players, but not week in week out NRL standaerd. They've had plenty of time and when they are in Manly 1st grade in 2006-Manly will be in trouble.

As for the remainder of names - I hope to see as many as possible make grade on their merits

Agree. Tutt is ordinary and so is Lennon. halden looks to be evry small to me and I am not sure if he will make it in FG. I don't think that the PL centres Tillott and dalton will make Fg either.

So funny. Before last weekend's debacle we were posting how strong the PL team was and that they were destined for premiership glory. This week we can't find anyone who is worthy of tying up the Squasher's boots....
:roll:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4