Rep Round 2019 - Manly and Blacktown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Congratulations to the Manly and Blacktown players who have been selected to various teams for next weekend's representative round.

Queensland
Daly Cherry-Evans

New South Wales
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic

Tonga
Manase Fainu
Addin Fonua-Blake

Samoa
Jorge Taufua
Martin Taupau

Lebanon
Abbas Miskie (Manly / Blacktown)

Cook Islands
Eric Newbigging (Blacktown)

South Africa
Kamren Cryer (Blacktown)
Keegan Turner (from the SG Ball squad)

Here's hoping they all have great games and come back full of confidence and injury free.

Congratulations to the Manly and Blacktown players who have been selected to various teams for next weekend's representative round.

Queensland
Daly Cherry-Evans

New South Wales
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic

Tonga
Manase Fainu
Addin Fonua-Blake

Samoa
Jorge Taufua
Martin Taupau

Lebanon

Cook Islands

South Africa
Kamren Cryer (Blacktown)

Here's hoping they all have great games and come back full of confidence and injury free.

Great post mate
Congratulations to all

Hasler’s manta
everyone having a dig and wanting each other to succeed

He never keys you forget that you have a roll to play in the club team and game

We better not get any injuries in this mid season circus.
Our representation looks large but there are clubs, such as Melbourne, with many more players involved in these matches.
Just shows you how much RL is being dominated by non-Anglo players.

Lebanon

Cook Islands

South Africa
Kamren Cryer (Blacktown)

What a great positive experience for these blokes ... they will all come back the better for it .... well done and rip in ..

PSS ... you can't win premierships without rep quality players ... it is the trade off ..

Abbas is going to gaol!!!!

Jail threat for NRL stars who tape over Lebanon jersey emblem

The Lebanese Rugby League Federation has launched an extraordinary statement threatening players with suspension, fines and potential prosecution if they make good on their plans to cover up the Lebanon Federation logo.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/fd1f4eae0547f776cb71069535bb39c1

The board’s statement on Wednesday claimed it would take the following actions if players pushed ahead with taping over the emblem:

- Any player who conceals the Cedars badge – which is the emblem the federation selected to be worn by the representative of al watan, the nation – will face misconduct charges;

- Any player who conceals the Cedars badge will be suspended with immediate effect pending the outcomes of any misconduct hearing;

- The LRLF will seek significant monetary fines on any person found guilty of misconduct related to this incident;

- The Lebanese public prosecutor’s office has been made aware of the incident and will launch an investigation in coordination with the LRLF. It is a criminal offence to denigrate the national emblem of the Republic of Lebanon.

I think it is more likely that Lebanon will be striped of their International status long before these Pelicans make good their threats ... what a bunch dickheads ....

For those that don't know ... apparently the local players in Lebanon have been on strike for 2 years because the board of the Lebanese RL has been alledgedly rigged and refuses to hold democratic voting (or the equivalent) ... there has been no games played for some time and it is a stand off ..... the Australian players are standing united with the locals and rather than refusing to play which would hurt Lebanese RL more ... they are duct taping over the Cedar logo as a protest against what is happening ...

This latest threat appears to me to be one of the best cases of cutting your nose of to spite your fac I have ever heard ..

Let's not derail another thread....

Go Manly!!

But its not really derailing the thread mate. This is about rep round in which the Lebanese team is taking part with a Manly player as part of that side.

Back in high school (BC for you young ones here @:p ) I had a Lebanese girlfriend for a couple of weeks (about the average length of a high school romance lol). They are a very proud people who tend not to take crap from others.

But you are right about one thing. Go Manly :thumbsup:

and refuses to hold democratic voting (or the equivalent)
The equivalent of course being...um ...actually... have no idea what you are talking about!
giphy.gif

So now Toddy and Beattie are running both leagues?

Don't despair .. the head of the International Rugby League is an astute, hard working person of exemplary acumen and probity .....

Oh shiite .... just remembered it is John Grant ... ignore that previous comment .... go back to despairing ..

The equivalent of course being...um ...actually... have no idea what you are talking about!
giphy.gif

Agree ... I am not informed as to the actual structure of their voting procedure ... which is why I made the point of doubt ... however the fact that they won't hold new elections is on record ..

I’m a bit concerned Manly’s momentum may be interrupted by this rep & bye period. Almost like we’ll have to begin all over again, hopefully it doesn’t take too long to work back to form.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8